• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Survivor
Beta

You wake up with no recollection of the past 24 hours...

Survivor is a realistic PvP/PvE/FFA survival game that can be played with up to 12 players. The game uses a mixture of concepts from games inside of Warcraft 3 and games such as Ark Survival outside of Warcraft 3. Explore a big map, gather resources, craft tools/armor, build a base, and be last alive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treasure Update

Buried treasure and potato crop

6isp7c.jpg
11jp7ah.jpg
b3ofvn.jpg
2ue47e1.jpg
30w2wj7.jpg
108e4w4.jpg

Tree Traders

Offer them something good and they will return the favor

of4o0o.jpg
of4o0o.jpg
23wqrgi.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gather

Berries, Plant Fibers, Stones, Sticks, etc...

3yis8.jpg

Mine

Use pick to mine for flint and ores

2rbywp5.jpg

Weather

Feel the wrath of mother nature

59ufkh.jpg
33ldq3k.jpg

Cook

Mushrooms, Raw meat, and Raw fish with realistic animation on top of the campfire

13z7gvr.jpg
34eagxd.jpg

Hunt

Spear physics

sb3jtz.jpg

Fishing

Relax and catch fish

2dty5tz.jpg

Hydration

Fill your water bottle at any water source

1zodsi1.jpg

Chop Trees

Let mother nature feel your wrath!

30lgfq0.jpg

Plant Trees

Save mother nature

2qlhmb8.jpg

Smelting

Smelt ores to make stronger tools, furnace also cooks food faster

2zewcvo.jpg

Alchemy

Brew powerful potions

f4qsk5.jpg

Build

Protect yourself with a custom base

2jb5jc0.jpg
20selp0.jpg
676wb5.jpg

Perks

Pick how you want your survivor to be with different perks

6sz475.jpg

Sleep

Take a nap because you will need it

25qqgk3.jpg

Known Bugs

-None that are known as of 1.20

Upcoming Features

-Trader that walks around the map, you can steal from him or trade him

-Shovel can dig water wells

-Stone walls, iron spears, and more armor types

Removed Features

-The game was able to restart a new round after the last man standing, but now the game ends after one play, I want the game to feel more intense that way.

Change Log
Version 1.13
-Fixed Weather not working sometimes, and fixed Spear Physics
-Removed Auto Restart

Version 1.14
-Fixed Infinite Experience Bug
-Added Damage detection to prevent Infinite Experience Bug
-Added Tree Traders

-Huge Trigger Improvements to improve gameplay

Version 1.15
-Fixed death of survivor not being detected
-Fixed buffs showing up as an ability in survivor when they shouldn't
-Made it so you can't build on Tree Trader Territory
-Fixed Text going off side panel survivor stats

Version 1.16
-Fixed chopping trees giving no materials

Version 1.17
-Fixed Gate not opening and closing
-Fixed Other tiny bugs

Version 1.18
-Removed travel time message when throwing spear
-Made it so you can't destroy your structures after you die, which prevents other players from capturing it
-Made more stones spawn around the map

Version 1.19
-Fixed Campfire still being able to be built on Tree Trader territory
-Removed being able to rotate walls and open/close gate after you die, so you can't troll players before they capture your territory
-Fixed tools breaking with 1 point of durability left, now they hit 0 and break
-Made it so items won't drop if you craft with a full inventory and have an item of that type already instead it will stack like its supposed to.

Version 1.20 (The Treasure Update)
-Added Iron Shovel and Potato crop
-Added Treasure map quest
-Reduced the number of hits its takes to gather things like berry bushes
-Added a bunch of new items that you can dig up with shovel
-Fixed minor bugs

Version 1.21
-Increased the speed at which spears travel making it easier to hit targets
-Made flowers occur naturally around the map
-Made Iron Ore occur naturally around the map
-Bears now have a chance to drop raw fish
-Animals have a decent chance to drop bones
-Increased the resources you get when skinning animals
-Updated the quest log to match the recent updates

Attachments

• Survivor Beta 1.21.w3x
    6.3 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Level 8
isn't there already a game exactly like this?
As in you must have stolen it because this map has no comments, where as the other map has been around for at least 3 years

First of all don't ever accuse someone of stealing when your not sure. Second of all i would like to see what map because i can promise you there will be huge differences between the games. LoL took ideas from DoTa yet LoL is now the bigger game because they greatly expanded those ideas. Atleast play the map and see what it's about before accusing me of shit, i just posted this of course there is no comments. Nothing gets me more aggrivated than ignorant people.

Last edited:
Level 8
Update 1.13 posted, improved some triggers, added Tree Traders for an upcoming feature in 1.14. There are 5 Tree Traders that can be found on the map and you will be able to give them an item as an offering and they will spit out an item depending on how good your offering was.

Level 8
Bug is found. the most spread. YOu are using 'unit is attacked event while using the axe to chop logs.
I can spam cancel cancel cancel and get free experience and free materials without damaging the log (i'm losing axe durability)

Im using "A unit starts the effect of an ability" which is eat tree. Will be fixed in 1.14.

Last edited:
Level 11
Im using "A unit starts the effect of an ability" which is eat tree.
It only for destructible trees. I'm talking about the units like Log, stone etc. You should use detect damage system instead of unit is attacked.
Also non-neccesarry offer:
Can you in the side Survivor panel replace
Heat 100
Food 100 etc with

Heat IIIIIIIIIIIII (100/100)
Food IIIIIIIIIIIII (90/100)
etc where I - can change color like the health bar. In most of survivor games to determine food, water, heat needs mostly use the status line which helps to understand your current situation quicker.

ALSO: PLEASE, MAKE THE SWAP BACKPACK ability in the furure. Today 2017 and 6th slot inventory is annoying in the survival genre.

Last edited:
Level 8
It only for destructible trees. I'm talking about the units like Log, stone etc. You should use detect damage system instead of unit is attacked.
Also non-neccesarry offer:
Can you in the side Survivor panel replace
Heat 100
Food 100 etc with

Heat IIIIIIIIIIIII (100/100)
Food IIIIIIIIIIIII (90/100)
etc where I - can change color like the health bar. In most of survivor games to determine food, water, heat needs mostly use the status line which helps to understand your current situation quicker.

ALSO: PLEASE, MAKE THE SWAP BACKPACK ability in the furure. Today 2017 and 6th slot inventory is annoying in the survival genre.

VERSION 1.14 IS UP

Added Tree Traders, Added Damage Detection, Will not be adding the replacement UI for side panel because that's an insane amount of work for something not so useful. Also I will not be adding SWAP BACKPACK ability because there is already Leather Bags in the game that you can craft for extra slots, this is a final decision. You can trade with Tree Traders more valuable items like Iron Ingot or Leather and they might give you a Leather Bag, or you can just craft a Leather Bag. The game is fine with 6 slots to start especially since all items stack and Leather Bag is easy to craft and you can have up to 3.

Edit: I also greatly reduced the amount of things happening with much more efficient triggers

Last edited:
Level 11
Haha, I just saw this and noticed how many similarities there are in my developing project... even down to the wandering trader that you can steal from (guess my ideas aren't THAT unique :p)

Anyway, this looks really interesting and great! Also, this is from the same guy who made Prop Hunt??! I'm in love already. That game was pure joy when I first discovered it. However, I'm not even going to test this out until I can get my own beta out (few months) so as to truly say that the similarities are purely coincidental haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.