• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Survival 1.357

I've started making this map about 4 years ago, so it's filled with different rpg elements (such as item crafting and commander being able to promote other players and do other things like that). This map is recommended to play with 12 players (because it's more fun that way), but can be played with less amount of players or you can even play it alone. Oh and please don't let the empty minimap to fool you. :) This map is somehow like Hero Survival / RPG, but even that doesn't tell everything about this map. Please try it out with more than 1 player and rate it :)

Features of the current version:
  • Being able to be commander. (only 1 player at the same time)
  • Earn military ranks.
  • 5 secondary skills: (orange boxes which you can pick from ground, you can only get 1 of them)
  • Each secondary skill may contain up to 11 sub-skills, some of them having a bit less.

[*]Mining Pick (being able to get resources)
    [*]Medical Kit (being able to make hp/mp restoring potions + defense/speed/invisibility potions, being able to heal yourself and other players)
    [*]Archeology Tools (being able to find rare items, being able to cast spells)
    [*]Construction Tools (being able to construct buildings)
    [*]Alchemy Kit (Being able to make potions)
  • 3 planets + battleship map.
  • Huge number of items which you can find or produce with secondary skills and knowledge skill.
  • You can earn level ups to each secondary skill. (+to crafting / energy storage)
  • Save/Load system saves your points and your rank.

!!! 1.360 replaced with 1.357. Less features, but much more stable than 1.360.

The new version is coming soon and it's going to include features such as:
-New save/load system. (Already ready in the beta version)
-Medal system: Players can unlock medals which are saved / loaded with code.

Known Bugs: (1.272)
-Getting stuck after ???. Can see all skills, but cannot do anything. Temporary solution: Reselecting your hero fixes the problem. Should no longer appear when using commander menu. Please report if it's still happening.
-Cast animation keeps repeating after using Spellbook Channel ability. Doesn't affect Knowledge or Combat Proficiency skills. During that time, your hero cannot acquire targets automatically. Temporary solution: Performing any other action fixes the problem.

This is the first time I've ever uploaded my map to any website. This map used to have a lot of server splits, but I've finally fixed all of them (hopefully). If you spot any bug or event which causes server split, please PM me or comment here.

This map contains map protection because of the following reason:
Some noob, who downloaded this map from me using battle.net, uploaded this to some other website and pretended to be the author of this map. The risk of that happening again increases a lot since this map is available to everyone from now on.

If you need non-protected version of this map, i can provide you with 1 if you have a good reason for wanting it.

MSN: (masa.knight at luukku.com)
Contents

Survival 1.357 (Map)

Reviews
00:58, 23rd May 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Added Co-op as a map type.
Level 2
this map is getting harder and harder
in 1.08 version i reached the end
but after 1.2 version is hard to reach second boss in the second planet

Level 1
Question about promotions

My question is,
Do you need to be lvl 2, get 20 points to be promoted to Corporal
lvl 3, 40 points Sergeant .... and so

Its a hero level required for promotion?

Level 1
does this game got a wiki?
or maybe just a better tutorial than F9

i already know a lot of this map but i realy need more knoledge about it XD

maibe a little improve in F9 would be great

there is just one thing i need to know...

can we kill the yhing that throw many things on us at the end of 3rd stage?
(sorry about the spoiler)

Last edited:
Level 6
this map is getting harder and harder
in 1.08 version i reached the end
but after 1.2 version is hard to reach second boss in the second planet

True and I'm planning to make it even harder for teams with a lot of experienced players. That change is going to have a random factor so it doesn't necessarily affect anything.

My question is,
Do you need to be lvl 2, get 20 points to be promoted to Corporal
lvl 3, 40 points Sergeant .... and so

Its a hero level required for promotion?

That's right. There's also a small level requirement for promotions. It's 1 for Lance Corporal, 2 for Corporal, 3 for Sergeant and so on.

does this game got a wiki?
or maybe just a better tutorial than F9

i already know a lot of this map but i realy need more knoledge about it XD

maibe a little improve in F9 would be great

there is just one thing i need to know...

can we kill the yhing that throw many things on us at the end of 3rd stage?
(sorry about the spoiler)

I'm afraid not. Wiki would be great though, but I don't have time to make it :&

Answer to your 2nd question is "Not yet".
Actually that "thing" warps away and leaves you with all of those enemies. You can kill all of them.

Level 2
Masa1 can you write information about ranks and rank skills
if i will raise marine>knowledge or marine accuracy i get same rank skills or diferent?
and how about other heroes

Level 1
Masa1 gr8 job. Ur map is my favourite on hive so far =)
Gonna test the newest version today, so far u seem to eliminate bugs with great speed and the continuing launches of new versions shows that u care for ur work.
Hope u fix all related bugs with templar class soon.
Thx for a gr8 map :)

Level 2
in earlier versions was a skill that upgrades grenades and armors, now i have general rank and still dont have this 2 skills, do you remove it Masa1 ?

Level 6
Masa1 can you write information about ranks and rank skills
if i will raise marine>knowledge or marine accuracy i get same rank skills or diferent?
and how about other heroes

I'd rather not reveal such thing.

in earlier versions was a skill that upgrades grenades and armors, now i have general rank and still dont have this 2 skills, do you remove it Masa1 ?

Yeah, those skills + "Upgrade weapon" skill have been disabled, but not removed.

Level 2
Masa1, is this a joke?
is there your last mobs in planet3 with 9999HP and 100 dmg ? :D i think it is impossible to defeat these flying cubes

Level 6
Masa1, is this a joke?
is there your last mobs in planet3 with 9999HP and 100 dmg ? :D i think it is impossible to defeat these flying cubes

With good defense you can take less than 50 dmg and with chaos knight armor you might take about 25 dmg. ^^

Anyway the encounter with those burning cubes means that you've managed to beat all current levels.

Level 1
Hey masa, here are some inputs of my:

Bugs:
- Right now, if host dies, everyone else is kicked out of game after his timer is over.

Suggestions:
- Right now, being a commander isnt to much fun, its more like a duty, make ways to make it a wanted duty!
to make the commander duty being easier and more fun I suggest you add the following:
A) Research queue (Make a research center accecible only by the commander).
B) A way to add Construction progress (make buildings that are progressivly being built in the battleship, each building has its own spot)
C) May be hard, even very hard, but here's the suggestion: make the battleship lay on the terrain, just as a simple building, the marines should protect it and the commander can still "teleport" inside, that way, every1 will see whats the commander is building (walls, guns etc) and every1 will see the battle ship status, much better!!!!

SO! I hope you do have time to do this stuff, hope this helps.

Yours,
Holy ;)

Level 6
Hey masa, here are some inputs of my:

Bugs:
- Right now, if host dies, everyone else is kicked out of game after his timer is over.

Suggestions:
- Right now, being a commander isnt to much fun, its more like a duty, make ways to make it a wanted duty!
to make the commander duty being easier and more fun I suggest you add the following:
A) Research queue (Make a research center accecible only by the commander).
B) A way to add Construction progress (make buildings that are progressivly being built in the battleship, each building has its own spot)
C) May be hard, even very hard, but here's the suggestion: make the battleship lay on the terrain, just as a simple building, the marines should protect it and the commander can still "teleport" inside, that way, every1 will see whats the commander is building (walls, guns etc) and every1 will see the battle ship status, much better!!!!

SO! I hope you do have time to do this stuff, hope this helps.

Yours,
Holy ;)

Are you sure that problem was in 255 or 256? I fixed that death bug earlier.

Yeah, I'm going to make a lot of changes to how commander and battleship works.
A) I'd rather make automatic research.
B) Is impossible atm because of lack of space in battleship. I've quite good terrainer helping me so that might be possible soon.
C) Is impossible without a skillful model maker.

Level 1
New bug we found last game, happend on terrain 3, was that comm could make infinite marines, so all you needed to do is sit back and wait for the kids to kill u!
btw, is there a level 4 terrain?! ;)

Level 1
sorry to say that....

i was playing ver 1.252

i dunno where is the bug himself... but i can say
when i got 4 players at 2nd stage and i try to upgrade the battleship too fast occurs a server split when i do about 8+ ups in constrution and 8+ ups in science i start to make progress in commerce and habitational when commerce is at 5+ upgrade and i try to upgrade it more there is a server split.

i saw that happenin either in BNet and LAN.

for now i'm studin for a test... and i'll not play for a week or more, i hope u find the source of the split bug soo i'll beat the cube fellow at the end XD

i do have some ideas for you to use (AKA: terrain and models)

if you are havving problems to make new and nice models try to find some samples that good guys offers at many site including here.

i found a nice zombie and some jack the ripper guy XD

for now i congratz you for your nice game =D

ps: i still want a open piece of your map just to have a good look at your good work

Level 6
sorry to say that....

i was playing ver 1.252

i dunno where is the bug himself... but i can say
when i got 4 players at 2nd stage and i try to upgrade the battleship too fast occurs a server split when i do about 8+ ups in constrution and 8+ ups in science i start to make progress in commerce and habitational when commerce is at 5+ upgrade and i try to upgrade it more there is a server split.

i saw that happenin either in BNet and LAN.

for now i'm studin for a test... and i'll not play for a week or more, i hope u find the source of the split bug soo i'll beat the cube fellow at the end XD

i do have some ideas for you to use (AKA: terrain and models)

if you are havving problems to make new and nice models try to find some samples that good guys offers at many site including here.

i found a nice zombie and some jack the ripper guy XD

for now i congratz you for your nice game =D

ps: i still want a open piece of your map just to have a good look at your good work

Thanks.
Just to make this clear, there was a bug at earlier version which caused everyone to be kicked out of game. It was not a server split. There were also some other problems which caused server splits in versions 1.251-1.256. That thing you told me might have really been a server split, but since you were playing an old version of the map there's not really anything I can do to fix it. I'm not sure if you were playing the version with such bug, so please make sure that you have been playing the latest version before reporting any bugs.

PS: Please contact me with MSN if you want a copy of unprotected map .

Level 1
Bugs

I thought id put up some bugs i found

1. If you go into negative population you can build as many marines as you want but this also means you can only spend 1$ at time on building

This was common for me just get your battleship to loose pop after you have max marines then lose all your marines

You could fix this by just saying whenever your pop is under 0 add 1 to pop, I also couldn't get more people after this happend

2. Still have that ally issue after hydra boss
I was red and I unallied with purple somebody else unallied with yellow

If you could just put in a command like -ally I think it would be an easy fix

3. I don’t know if it’s a bug but it’s really annoying the resign option for commander appears and disappears at what seems random this causes people to resign on accident and others to not be able to resign when they want to

I really hope this helps you out

Level 6
I thought id put up some bugs i found

1. If you go into negative population you can build as many marines as you want but this also means you can only spend 1$ at time on building

This was common for me just get your battleship to loose pop after you have max marines then lose all your marines

You could fix this by just saying whenever your pop is under 0 add 1 to pop, I also couldn't get more people after this happend

2. Still have that ally issue after hydra boss
I was red and I unallied with purple somebody else unallied with yellow

If you could just put in a command like -ally I think it would be an easy fix

3. I don’t know if it’s a bug but it’s really annoying the resign option for commander appears and disappears at what seems random this causes people to resign on accident and others to not be able to resign when they want to

I really hope this helps you out

1.Definitely a bug. You can no longer get negative population.

2.All other players unally players who have a lot of negative points. Are you sure that they didn't have negative points?

3.There's a 60 s delay before you can resign after using teleportation skill.

Level 5
Sooo.... Ummm Is this like Space Rogues? Or...? Sorry but you don't offer much information on what you actually do in the map. :S

Hellos and Goodbyes

-Thick

Level 1
Server Split

Been playing this map alot and been playing warcraft since wc1 - here's my oppinion on this map:

1. Very cool, nice balanced - you can try hard and win the map with most of the team being newbies, and you can start a game with most being pros and it's fun as well.

2. Changing save system over and over again is a bit annoying - i got about 300pts and with the new system i had to start with 10 pts - that really made me stop playing for today after the first game.

3. In version 1.257 there are still server splits - and it always occurs in the second level a bit after the first boss (that blue flying dragon) is killed. Don't know why, but it happens most of the time and is very anoying, and the funny thing is: i always stay with the better players.

4. It IS possible to kill a cube or two in the last level if you go with a group of pros, you get 10pts in luck for high evasion and 10pts in accurracy for neutron gun, get power armor and spend about 30k in training center

5. Training in training center is a bit slow i think - i have to click endless till i get some useable amount of training - maybe you could change the algorithm a bit, or add something like "Train xxx 10 times" - in any case, it maybe funny if it takes time the first time you use it, but it ain't funny the second and the other 100+ times you do

6. I think the terrain is fine, it loads just nice

7. would be nice if miner could do more, i play miner now most of the time because nobody wants to do it, but i actually prefer archeologist, because he can do more (still, you don't need one to finish the game)

8. You still get points after dying and one time i actually died as host and could stay in the game, and i still got points and could save the progress - but i don't know if that can still happen as that was in 1.221

9. As always: more levels would be nice, but that is only to say i like this map very much (in my years of wc3 i've only been playing a handful of maps longer than 2 or 3 days, including this map besides ryoko, battle tanks and hero siege x (and some extremely long rpgs like the defiance rpg map))

regards, griffin

Level 1
Just wanted to say thanks for responding to me I am about to try out your latest version and did i mention i think your map is awesome in every way and i hope you keep adding to it for a long time as i know i will be playing it and checking here weekly.

Level 8
Ive played a few games of this, and as much of a jackass as I am its review time anyway, its a fairly fun map, but what I didn't like that its WAY to basic, I mean for the first 5-10 games this maps awesome, but then you learn everything and all it is and stand there and shooting while picking up items, it needs a main building, like a few walls nothing much, standing in place and shooting is all this is to me, needs more. 4/5.

Level 6
Sooo.... Ummm Is this like Space Rogues? Or...? Sorry but you don't offer much information on what you actually do in the map. :S

Hellos and Goodbyes

-Thick

You have to try it out in order to find an answer for your question.

Been playing this map alot and been playing warcraft since wc1 - here's my oppinion on this map:

1. Very cool, nice balanced - you can try hard and win the map with most of the team being newbies, and you can start a game with most being pros and it's fun as well.

2. Changing save system over and over again is a bit annoying - i got about 300pts and with the new system i had to start with 10 pts - that really made me stop playing for today after the first game.

3. In version 1.257 there are still server splits - and it always occurs in the second level a bit after the first boss (that blue flying dragon) is killed. Don't know why, but it happens most of the time and is very anoying, and the funny thing is: i always stay with the better players.

4. It IS possible to kill a cube or two in the last level if you go with a group of pros, you get 10pts in luck for high evasion and 10pts in accurracy for neutron gun, get power armor and spend about 30k in training center

5. Training in training center is a bit slow i think - i have to click endless till i get some useable amount of training - maybe you could change the algorithm a bit, or add something like "Train xxx 10 times" - in any case, it maybe funny if it takes time the first time you use it, but it ain't funny the second and the other 100+ times you do

6. I think the terrain is fine, it loads just nice

7. would be nice if miner could do more, i play miner now most of the time because nobody wants to do it, but i actually prefer archeologist, because he can do more (still, you don't need one to finish the game)

8. You still get points after dying and one time i actually died as host and could stay in the game, and i still got points and could save the progress - but i don't know if that can still happen as that was in 1.221

9. As always: more levels would be nice, but that is only to say i like this map very much (in my years of wc3 i've only been playing a handful of maps longer than 2 or 3 days, including this map besides ryoko, battle tanks and hero siege x (and some extremely long rpgs like the defiance rpg map))

regards, griffin

2.Yep.. I knew that it would happen, but I had to do it. Old save system was so bugged that it couldn't be used anymore... code was too long, it was easy to cheat with it and sometimes it just didn't work.

3.After blue dragon dies 10 new enemies spawn at that position.. that's certainly the cause for the server split. I'm going to fix it as soon as possible so you won't hopefully encounter that server split with v 1.259.

5.I'm going to make it so that it doesn't throw you back to the main dialog each time you use it.

7.You are right, mining is the boring secondary skill at the moment.

9.True, this map needs more levels ^^

Just wanted to say thanks for responding to me I am about to try out your latest version and did i mention i think your map is awesome in every way and i hope you keep adding to it for a long time as i know i will be playing it and checking here weekly.

Thanks ^^

Ive played a few games of this, and as much of a jackass as I am its review time anyway, its a fairly fun map, but what I didn't like that its WAY to basic, I mean for the first 5-10 games this maps awesome, but then you learn everything and all it is and stand there and shooting while picking up items, it needs a main building, like a few walls nothing much, standing in place and shooting is all this is to me, needs more. 4/5.

This is not going to be that kind of map.

Level 1
^^

I found a little bug^^, when u r at the third planet when u r fighting the trees.
if u scroll, u can see longer distance and go futher away (so u can't see yourself on the "mini-map") and if u go to the "black wall" (or what it is xD) the first aliens start to come at the same time as the trees ^^, I hope u understand, it's hard to explain and my english coud be better xD

Level 9
Templer still gets stuck.

For some reason during the end of the first boss fight on the snow planet. My guy runs out of the protection of base off into the distance, anything I do to pull him back fails, trying H + S also fail, he's completely out of my control until my guy dies.

Level 6
Templer still gets stuck.

For some reason during the end of the first boss fight on the snow planet. My guy runs out of the protection of base off into the distance, anything I do to pull him back fails, trying H + S also fail, he's completely out of my control until my guy dies.

Are you sure that you were playing 1.259 when templar got stuck? Can you also tell me what skill you used?

That's quite strange bug.. there are no triggers which could've caused that.

Level 9
Well I wouldn't say that. With 7 towers up on the dragon boss in the newest version as Templar, I still got bugged where I was firing but couldn't retreat or drink a potion once I'd gone down to 4 health.

I will try to attach the replay.

Attachments

• Stuck_Survival.w3g
    132.9 KB · Views: 125
Level 6
Well I wouldn't say that. With 7 towers up on the dragon boss in the newest version as Templar, I still got bugged where I was firing but couldn't retreat or drink a potion once I'd gone down to 4 health.

I will try to attach the replay.

:/ Sorry about that.. could you tell me what was the name of the skill you used when you got stuck? I can't see that on replay.

Level 9
That's it though, I was attacking. And then I tried to drink a potion by clicking on it in my inventory. when that failed I tried to use a skill, Archeology. When that failed I tried to move away, and when that failed my templar died.

This morning I got stuck again.

Things I did before getting stuck.
Purchased stone on Battleship
Dropped a stone tower item on Battleship
Purched more stone on Battleship
Manufactured part of a stone tower on battleship
Teleported to Surface
Auto-attacked creature
Became stuck. When stuck cannot use inventory, items, abilities, skills, cannot use basic commands. All of this appears to be available but is actually disabled.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi Masa1.Before I begin I would like to say that you are doing a great job.I've been playing this map for about two weeks and I had a lot of fun.

Since i played about 50-100 games (almost 800 points) I encountered a couple of problems and also i can make a few suggestions that i think will improve this map(1.259 map dl from epicwar)

1.Bugs

1.1 Hero gets stuck.H or S or any other combination doesn't work.You cannot acces your menu, cannot research, cannot use potions.The only thing you can do is talk and wait to die.Happened to me about 3 times and a few times to others
1.2 Server split.Happens on second planet during the "banshee/ghosts" waves.It might be a coincidence but i've noticed the ranked players and the first players (blue teal orange..) have a better chance not to be droped.Happend about 3 times.
1.3 Missing inventory.Happend only once.After i used -load my general menu didn't apear (aura's, telport,invulnerability..etc).It was a blank spot.Waited about 2-3 min then i rmk.My code did load because my name was General and i had big income.
1.4 Nuke didn't detonate battleship.Not sure if it's a bug or not but i was on the battle ship when a nub detonated the neutron bomb and everybody died except me.Battle ship hadn't been destroyed but the construction from where you can buy bombs and secondary skills dissapeared.First i thought that staying in ship while using bomb will keep you safe and i tried to use it on final "boss" sacrificing myself while 3 other players where staying in the ship.Obviouslly we all died ....heroically
1.5 Teleport problems.Usually after we kill the Banshee boss i go to ship and make marines preparing for the treant wave.After the Warp cooldown runs out i send my troups trough the gate.Sometimes i need to stay about another aprox 30 sec, time is which my team is already facing treants wave, untill i can go to planet.Not sure it's a bug ...is it set that way to prevent some kind of abuses?

2.Suggestions on skills

2.1 Commander
.On the f9 menu it is not listed what science and habitat researches are for.You don't need to be a genius to figure it out but it can be helpfull if you are a new commander.Also menu is sometimess difficult to handle.Try to put teleport ability into the comand menu bellow Construct..this way you can press C only once.Also it would be great if commander could enter in menu set 5 researches .Ex: 1.Commerce 2.Constuctions 3.Commerce 4.Science ...This way you don't have to enter in your menu every 30 sec.And one more think.When you use your menu your commander cannot shoot.Since most of the times commander goes for accuracy and mining he will have a machingun/neutron gun and using his menu will cause a good loss of firepower especially when few players are involved.

2.2 Constructor
He makes a good suport;However it is used only for planet 2.Since the first doesn't need any particulary buildings and the for the 3rd none of the buildings are eficient.Towers fall way to fast. Since plants are spawned no herb const is needed and wall it not much of a use.Some powerfull towers would be nice even if the cost of it are high.Few players chose this skill.Only once i played with 2 construct. never with 3.I think you should make it more atractive.

2.3 Medic
The most important secondary skill in my opinon(without a pro medic you cannot pass planet 2).I have certain doubts about using haste potion.Why use it?Most of the time you stay in 1 place.No need to run.If you are in trouble you teleport to ship.I think you can replace it with something more usefull like ..beter luck in crafting potion,dmg potion..etc.

2.4 Archeologist
The only problem i have with arch is providing mana at begining.I barely have for my personal use ..not for the team.Since after the Medical construcition is rdy i can full my mana any time the only problem remains in the first 5 min when a pro miner/constructor sais "NEED MANA !! "

Nothing to add to miner class

3.Suggestions on map

3.1 Terain needs to be improved.I read other topics and did find out that you have a problem with editing.You can make at least the mao bigger.This way potions like invi/speed may be used for gathering stuff from corners.And .....if you still don't manage to edit...you can rework someone else's map relief....with his agreement of course.
3.2 That box of personal use would be of great use.Even though i say "DO NOT USE towers box from battle ship ..or you get kicked" in every game i kick one "Jhonny the nub " because he use them on planet 1.
3.3 Training room is a little slow.Let's say i have 5k and i want to use it on increasing my skills preparing for final boss.i have to stay in battle ship about 5 min.It would be better if you could find a way to spend/increase points faster.
3.4 Tutorial ....since i met a few guys with general rank asking me "how to use x or y skills ...since they are not listed anywhere"

That's all ...sry for the "long run" :)

Level 6
Hi Masa1.Before I begin I would like to say that you are doing a great job.I've been playing this map for about two weeks and I had a lot of fun.

Since i played about 50-100 games (almost 800 points) I encountered a couple of problems and also i can make a few suggestions that i think will improve this map(1.259 map dl from epicwar)

Thanks for your comments, I'll try to answer most of them.

1.1 Hero gets stuck.H or S or any other combination doesn't work.You cannot acces your menu, cannot research, cannot use potions.The only thing you can do is talk and wait to die.Happened to me about 3 times and a few times to others

Yep, I'm aware of that problem. Not sure, but I think that there's a higher change of that happening with templar. 1.2591 version disabled templar.

1.2 Server split.Happens on second planet during the "banshee/ghosts" waves.It might be a coincidence but i've noticed the ranked players and the first players (blue teal orange..) have a better chance not to be droped.Happend about 3 times.

That's also a known problem. There are many things which could cause server splits, but the biggest reason is the amount of players (12). I think that I've finally figured out even 1 cause of it and it's going to be fixed at next version. If that doesn't help the only thing I can do is to reduce the amount of enemies.

1.3 Missing inventory.Happend only once.After i used -load my general menu didn't apear (aura's, telport,invulnerability..etc).It was a blank spot.Waited about 2-3 min then i rmk.My code did load because my name was General and i had big income.

That bug should have been fixed already... please use the latest version.

1.4 Nuke didn't detonate battleship.Not sure if it's a bug or not but i was on the battle ship when a nub detonated the neutron bomb and everybody died except me.Battle ship hadn't been destroyed but the construction from where you can buy bombs and secondary skills dissapeared.First i thought that staying in ship while using bomb will keep you safe and i tried to use it on final "boss" sacrificing myself while 3 other players where staying in the ship.Obviouslly we all died ....heroically

Well, neutron bomb is not even supposed to be used in the battleship. I might make it so that the whole battleship gets destroyed if someone is stupid enough to use it in there, but making that is not my top priority.

1.5 Teleport problems.Usually after we kill the Banshee boss i go to ship and make marines preparing for the treant wave.After the Warp cooldown runs out i send my troups trough the gate.Sometimes i need to stay about another aprox 30 sec, time is which my team is already facing treants wave, untill i can go to planet.Not sure it's a bug ...is it set that way to prevent some kind of abuses?

Yeah, it's made to prevent abuses.

2.1 Commander
.On the f9 menu it is not listed what science and habitat researches are for.You don't need to be a genius to figure it out but it can be helpfull if you are a new commander.Also menu is sometimess difficult to handle.Try to put teleport ability into the comand menu bellow Construct..this way you can press C only once.Also it would be great if commander could enter in menu set 5 researches .Ex: 1.Commerce 2.Constuctions 3.Commerce 4.Science ...This way you don't have to enter in your menu every 30 sec.And one more think.When you use your menu your commander cannot shoot.Since most of the times commander goes for accuracy and mining he will have a machingun/neutron gun and using his menu will cause a good loss of firepower especially when few players are involved.

Quest log / game tutorial are not good options. I might make a web page where you can read about those.

2.2 Constructor
He makes a good suport;However it is used only for planet 2.Since the first doesn't need any particulary buildings and the for the 3rd none of the buildings are eficient.Towers fall way to fast. Since plants are spawned no herb const is needed and wall it not much of a use.Some powerfull towers would be nice even if the cost of it are high.Few players chose this skill.Only once i played with 2 construct. never with 3.I think you should make it more atractive.

More skills are going to be added for constructor later, but before I can do that I have to replace all channel skills with Charge gold and lumber skills.

2.3 Medic
The most important secondary skill in my opinon(without a pro medic you cannot pass planet 2).I have certain doubts about using haste potion.Why use it?Most of the time you stay in 1 place.No need to run.If you are in trouble you teleport to ship.I think you can replace it with something more usefull like ..beter luck in crafting potion,dmg potion..etc.

It might get nerfed a bit later, because it currently makes all hp potions useless and medics also tend to keep noobs alive.

2.4 Archeologist
The only problem i have with arch is providing mana at begining.I barely have for my personal use ..not for the team.Since after the Medical construcition is rdy i can full my mana any time the only problem remains in the first 5 min when a pro miner/constructor sais "NEED MANA !! "

Well, it's not really any support skill set, so mana providing has to come later.

3.1 Terain needs to be improved.I read other topics and did find out that you have a problem with editing.You can make at least the mao bigger.This way potions like invi/speed may be used for gathering stuff from corners.And .....if you still don't manage to edit...you can rework someone else's map relief....with his agreement of course.

The battleship is going to be a lot better at the next version, but I'm not going to touch the planet terrain.

3.2 That box of personal use would be of great use.Even though i say "DO NOT USE towers box from battle ship ..or you get kicked" in every game i kick one "Jhonny the nub " because he use them on planet 1.

That feature is almost ready. It might come for next version.

3.3 Training room is a little slow.Let's say i have 5k and i want to use it on increasing my skills preparing for final boss.i have to stay in battle ship about 5 min.It would be better if you could find a way to spend/increase points faster.

It gets more and more expensive so it shouldn't take too long time to increase stats.

3.4 Tutorial ....since i met a few guys with general rank asking me "how to use x or y skills ...since they are not listed anywhere"

I might make a system where you have to complete tasks in order to get promotions. So that should at least prevent new general noobs from appearing.

Level 1
Hi again Masa1.Thank you for the reply.

I have encoutered a "problem" and i could use a suggestion.Whenever i become commander i lose all my income so i usually prefer not to since i can provide a good amount of gold to any player that is willing to play commander.However no one seems to be interested in taking this role and since most of the players i usually find are low rank they cannot provide much.Is there any way i can send my income to another player? I tried and after a few seconds it comes back to me.Thank you.

Level 1
I was playing 1.26 and part way through the dragon level I noticed the waves were suddenly really far apart, as in we'd kill a wave and sit around for a looong time before the next wave. Also the "Time to warp" box had appeared and was stuck at 0. Not sure if this would cause problems later though since everyone died/left and we couldn't get past the ghosts.

I'll post a couple other things later when I have more time. Great map :D

Level 6
Hi again Masa1.Thank you for the reply.

I have encoutered a "problem" and i could use a suggestion.Whenever i become commander i lose all my income so i usually prefer not to since i can provide a good amount of gold to any player that is willing to play commander.However no one seems to be interested in taking this role and since most of the players i usually find are low rank they cannot provide much.Is there any way i can send my income to another player? I tried and after a few seconds it comes back to me.Thank you.

It's not currently possible to transfer your income, but I might make it possible.

I was playing 1.26 and part way through the dragon level I noticed the waves were suddenly really far apart, as in we'd kill a wave and sit around for a looong time before the next wave. Also the "Time to warp" box had appeared and was stuck at 0. Not sure if this would cause problems later though since everyone died/left and we couldn't get past the ghosts.

I'll post a couple other things later when I have more time. Great map :D

There's a monster limit on the map and sometimes enemies don't want to attack :/ so it's a bug. You should actually move from your camping spot if such thing happens. That should only happen at 2nd planet because it's too large.

"Time to warp" box appearing twice is a bug which should be fixed at version 1.27. It was caused by players selecting their heroes a bit too late. (or more like at the wrong moment)

NOTE:
1.27 beta version is available, but it might still be unbalanced. Even though 1.26 and 1.27 have different point systems I didn't want to reset points. So save/load codes of 1.26 and 1.27 are the same.

1.26 version gives 5-40 points per game so that's 0-2 promotions. It's fastest to get points during hero levels 1-10. When you start playing the game you can get promoted to lance corporal instantly so it's 1-3 promotions for beginners. Even if the player doesn't improve (for example he rarely gets past the 1st boss) it's still possible to get the highest rank... I don't want such thing to happen.

With 1.27 version (public beta) it's even easier to get promotions at the beginning. It's also gives a lot more points if you manage to reach 2nd or 3rd planet. 1.27 version rewards both good players and beginners, but it does not reward players who keep grinding without ever getting past the 1st or 2nd boss. So at 1.27 version, points are actually showing how good players are, not how much they've played. Floating text for points has also been added so you can always see how much points you are getting and when you are getting them. (or losing)

Level 1
Love the map. I happen to like the textures as well- gives the map a generic feel, focuses the game on the killing.

For the new version would it be possible to add in a personal display when you load that gives a rough indication of where you are in relation to the new point caps (from what I read I assume the caps are consistent between games)? I know I'll be driven nuts by the feeling that I'm neglecting a certain category, and it might make it easier to explain to people where their points are coming from.

Would it be possible to simply recycle the levels once you've completed the fire waves? Aka blink back to the green level and have zerg spawn that have 100x the hp, dmg, beefed abilities.

The whole inevitable peasants raining from the sky thing always made the slow fire spawn just that little bit more painful.

Is it possible to get an ingame or website list of the ranks?

(Last map version played 1.259, sorry if any of this no longer applies.)

Level 6
For the new version would it be possible to add in a personal display when you load that gives a rough indication of where you are in relation to the new point caps (from what I read I assume the caps are consistent between games)? I know I'll be driven nuts by the feeling that I'm neglecting a certain category, and it might make it easier to explain to people where their points are coming from.

Not sure about that. I don't want that players have to worry too much about their points.

Would it be possible to simply recycle the levels once you've completed the fire waves? Aka blink back to the green level and have zerg spawn that have 100x the hp, dmg, beefed abilities.

I'd rather make some new enemies.

Is it possible to get an ingame or website list of the ranks?

Certainly. Going to make that website soon.

Level 1
save's doesn't working? Or tell me how need to load hero, cause if write on the begining -load (pass), nothing happening...

Level 6
save's doesn't working? Or tell me how need to load hero, cause if write on the begining -load (pass), nothing happening...

That's strange... -load pass should work, but it only works once. So if nothing happens when you type -load xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, it means that you've already loaded once successfully. So it should always display error messages if you haven't loaded successfully or the message about successful loading (only once).

Level 1
hmm Masa1, i kinda stop playing the map since it got easy in my opinion. im not sure what ver it was before it turn easy. But the 2nd stage and the first stage was harder than it was now.. Normally, in the earlier ver, 2nd stage was super hard, now it's easy, even nub r passing it like nothin. 3rd stage got easier too. So, what im asking is, is it going to turn hard again? cuz now only the last part of the 3rd stage is hard. I like challenging map and alot of ppl iknow do too.
That's what this map use to have.

Hopefully it will be hard again :)

Level 6
hmm Masa1, i kinda stop playing the map since it got easy in my opinion. im not sure what ver it was before it turn easy. But the 2nd stage and the first stage was harder than it was now.. Normally, in the earlier ver, 2nd stage was super hard, now it's easy, even nub r passing it like nothin. 3rd stage got easier too. So, what im asking is, is it going to turn hard again? cuz now only the last part of the 3rd stage is hard. I like challenging map and alot of ppl iknow do too.
That's what this map use to have.

Hopefully it will be hard again :)
I agree, It's way too easy at the moment. It used to be so that noobs died before the first boss even appeared, but that's not happening anymore.

Level 1
Hi, im sorry for the bad english that will follow now. ;)
Now to the map, i played the map a lot (~900points)
and i would ask for more planets and more secondary skills. But what would be realy great were something like objectives.
The map creat the feeling like you cross the universe with your ship and visit planets. Its a nice idea with only teleporting to the mothership etc. but this feeling is interrupted of no missions, beside survive.
It would be great if you have to gather some food at PÜlanet 1 and maybe on planet 2 collect some "Deuterium" of meteorit to move forward to planet 3 etc.
Whats funny is that you can "survive" the end of the game ... i mean the sammys which shoot the childsh. If you have 2-3 generals you can collect electro-grenades and with powershild you kill them bit by bit.
If you take commander and resigne instantly after it your skills get refreshed. So you dont have to wait for protection shild to refresh.

A idea for some player like me with more then 500 points would be if you could use the neutron bomb to kill all sammys. At the moment if you use it not even your protection shild can protect you.

But the main part of what i want to say is great map, i would like to play it much longer, but if you reach the "end" your motivation to play it again is decreasing. so if you could make more planets where only real good teams could survive, you could improve the amount of games which are hosted with this map.
It should be liek a easy start, like it is now, for beginner and at a specific point (maybe after planet3) a point where only good player can reach so at this point a change of difficulty, and some task to can survive not only shoot enemys down ;)
I would like to see more of you great ideas and map.
greetings
PlatinSturm

Level 1
1.27: Elixer's do not autostack when converted to higher forms. They will however restack when in your inventory and you use a health pot transform.

The increase of health of flying mobs has made power chaos knights useless as they are only workable in the first stage, which isn't exactly challenging to begin with. Right now all chaos knights are maxing to 10 speed as that's the only viable build. Is it possible to boost the spell damage of max power, or make the damage based on str or another stat?

Level 6
1.27: Elixer's do not autostack when converted to higher forms. They will however restack when in your inventory and you use a health pot transform.

The increase of health of flying mobs has made power chaos knights useless as they are only workable in the first stage, which isn't exactly challenging to begin with. Right now all chaos knights are maxing to 10 speed as that's the only viable build. Is it possible to boost the spell damage of max power, or make the damage based on str or another stat?

Elixirs are not meant to autostack, but like you said, Mix Potions skill helps ^^

There is 1 other build which is lvl 10 Power. It makes a lot of damage and affects flying units. I might make it a bit easier for chaos knights to kill flying units.