• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Survival 1.357

I've started making this map about 4 years ago, so it's filled with different rpg elements (such as item crafting and commander being able to promote other players and do other things like that). This map is recommended to play with 12 players (because it's more fun that way), but can be played with less amount of players or you can even play it alone. Oh and please don't let the empty minimap to fool you. :) This map is somehow like Hero Survival / RPG, but even that doesn't tell everything about this map. Please try it out with more than 1 player and rate it :)

Features of the current version:
  • Being able to be commander. (only 1 player at the same time)
  • Earn military ranks.
  • 5 secondary skills: (orange boxes which you can pick from ground, you can only get 1 of them)
  • Each secondary skill may contain up to 11 sub-skills, some of them having a bit less.

[*]Mining Pick (being able to get resources)
    [*]Medical Kit (being able to make hp/mp restoring potions + defense/speed/invisibility potions, being able to heal yourself and other players)
    [*]Archeology Tools (being able to find rare items, being able to cast spells)
    [*]Construction Tools (being able to construct buildings)
    [*]Alchemy Kit (Being able to make potions)
  • 3 planets + battleship map.
  • Huge number of items which you can find or produce with secondary skills and knowledge skill.
  • You can earn level ups to each secondary skill. (+to crafting / energy storage)
  • Save/Load system saves your points and your rank.

!!! 1.360 replaced with 1.357. Less features, but much more stable than 1.360.

The new version is coming soon and it's going to include features such as:
-New save/load system. (Already ready in the beta version)
-Medal system: Players can unlock medals which are saved / loaded with code.

Known Bugs: (1.272)
-Getting stuck after ???. Can see all skills, but cannot do anything. Temporary solution: Reselecting your hero fixes the problem. Should no longer appear when using commander menu. Please report if it's still happening.
-Cast animation keeps repeating after using Spellbook Channel ability. Doesn't affect Knowledge or Combat Proficiency skills. During that time, your hero cannot acquire targets automatically. Temporary solution: Performing any other action fixes the problem.

This is the first time I've ever uploaded my map to any website. This map used to have a lot of server splits, but I've finally fixed all of them (hopefully). If you spot any bug or event which causes server split, please PM me or comment here.

This map contains map protection because of the following reason:
Some noob, who downloaded this map from me using battle.net, uploaded this to some other website and pretended to be the author of this map. The risk of that happening again increases a lot since this map is available to everyone from now on.

If you need non-protected version of this map, i can provide you with 1 if you have a good reason for wanting it.

MSN: (masa.knight at luukku.com)
Contents

Survival 1.357 (Map)

Reviews
00:58, 23rd May 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Added Co-op as a map type.
Level 2
Yo man, my friends and I got to the end. We killed the boss, and treants just kept coming for like 45 minutes until we decided to leave. I hope you make a more formal ending.

Level 17
Phew, awesome map, the three of us only managed to get to the second planet for the first try. This is very entertaining, I recommend this map to everyone. :p
I don't want to add anything else until we have beaten the game, so keep up the good work ^^ I'm hoping to see more and more features/content/anything added to this awesome game.

Level 17
Ending? :p Make another planet, more levels, more skills, more items, lol :p
When your hero dies under its portrait will be a text "Revive at altar", you should change it to something like, once you are dead the game is over for you.

I think it would be nice to see more armors and weapons, not just the lvl 0 and lvl 10 stuff. Pardon me if there are items like that, but after 5-6 hours of playing I haven't seen any.

When I mix two bigger healing potions together nothing happens, I get the xp, the skill goes to cooldown but I don't get any higher level potions. Is that intended?

Level 6
Ending? :p Make another planet, more levels, more skills, more items, lol :p
When your hero dies under its portrait will be a text "Revive at altar", you should change it to something like, once you are dead the game is over for you.

I think it would be nice to see more armors and weapons, not just the lvl 0 and lvl 10 stuff. Pardon me if there are items like that, but after 5-6 hours of playing I haven't seen any.

When I mix two bigger healing potions together nothing happens, I get the xp, the skill goes to cooldown but I don't get any higher level potions. Is that intended?

If someone manages to beat all of those new planets/enemies there still has to be something at the end. Maybe even death ^^

There are already quite many weapons/armors, but I'm always planning to make more. I might as well list all of those weapons/armors that are already in the game:

(the worst ones are listed first and the best one is the last one)
Weapons:
*Iron Sword (Chaos Knight)
*Force Sword (Shop)
*Machine Gun (Shop)
*Wave Sword (Shop)
*Missile Gun (Shop or 1st Planet)
*Neutron Gun (Knowledge Skill)
*Ice Staff (Rare)

Armors:
*Basic Armor (Shop or 1st Planet)
*Upgraded Basic Armor (Shop)
*Power Armor (Knowledge Skill)
*Heavy Armor (Shop or 1st Planet)
*Upgraded Heavy Armor (Shop)
*Hydralisk's Skin (Rare)

About that Mix Potions skill.. with it you can combine potions (so you can save space) and upgrade Healing Potions to Advanced Healing Potions.

EDIT:
I forgot to add rare weapons/armors.

Last edited:
Level 2
i found a bug in 1.161
when i am archeologist and cast freeze spell on monsters i take damage too
p.s. how to pick melee player? it costs 10 gold but at start i have 0

Level 2
@kindzas:
Read the spell descriptions, if you don't have enough energy (difference between mana and energy) you take damage for the spell... sometimes 1000

You need to type -save at the end of each game to save your character by writing the code down and then -load CODE at the beginning of each game.
This transfers points and rank which = $ at start which = melee player

Level 1
Ok, i LOVE the game, but you could probably find someone to do some terrain editing. Another thing, i would love to see some new stuff for the construction ability, after lvl 10 (2 minutes) I have all the buildings. You could also probably use some custom models/tiles for the battle ship. I love the game, bu there is a save glitch, sometimes, when i load, the terrain's messed up and there are no enemies. I would just like to see more added to theis game.

All in all:
1. More Custom Models (your putting this on a mod site after all0
2. More construction skills/buildings
3. More abilities in general
4. Tone down the leveling. I don't like the quick lvling at the beginning and impossible leveling at the end, don't use a "level then double xp" kinda thing, streamline it, like level and increase xp by 25%.
5. Get a someone to do terrain for you (if i can get my internet working, could for you ;) )
6. F-ing amazing!

Level 6
Ok, i LOVE the game, but you could probably find someone to do some terrain editing. Another thing, i would love to see some new stuff for the construction ability, after lvl 10 (2 minutes) I have all the buildings. You could also probably use some custom models/tiles for the battle ship. I love the game, bu there is a save glitch, sometimes, when i load, the terrain's messed up and there are no enemies. I would just like to see more added to theis game.

All in all:
1. More Custom Models (your putting this on a mod site after all0
2. More construction skills/buildings
3. More abilities in general
4. Tone down the leveling. I don't like the quick lvling at the beginning and impossible leveling at the end, don't use a "level then double xp" kinda thing, streamline it, like level and increase xp by 25%.
5. Get a someone to do terrain for you (if i can get my internet working, could for you ;) )
6. F-ing amazing!

I suppose that you're talking about normal wc3 Save/Load. I can't really fix it.. it's wc3 problem and I don't have any reason to fix it, because it's mainly used during singleplayer. I suggest that you only save/load with -save and -load commands.

1.Yep, I could add a few more of them, but too many custom models means that it'll be impossible to host this map on bnet.
2.I agree. I just new some good building ideas, because I don't want to make too many buildings of the same type.
3.Yep
4.There's a problem with that: I want players to acquire 10 skill points during the first planet, but having more than 20 skill points means that you've half of the skills. I also wanted to make it so that players don't really have to worry about getting lvl ups. (because it gets so slow)
5.Adding terrain to that means that it won't be the same map anymore and I don't want that to happen. Besides everything is done mainly with triggers atm, so better terrain would require me to increase the size of map.
6.^^

Level 9
My feeling is this map was not beta tested very thoroughly before release. I have played it since Monday and hold the highest known score of 342. Hosted this game approximately 82 times (based on total # of save codes in book). There are in my opinion far too many maps named 'Survival' I have been hosting this game under the names "Mars Survival" and "Survive Mars"

Level 6
My feeling is this map was not beta tested very thoroughly before release. I have played it since Monday and hold the highest known score of 342. Hosted this game approximately 82 times (based on total # of save codes in book). There are in my opinion far too many maps named 'Survival' I have been hosting this game under the names "Mars Survival" and "Survive Mars"

Sorry, but what you meant by "My feeling is this map was not beta tested very thoroughly before release."? Something wrong with this version? You spotted some bug? Care to tell me about it?

It's true that I sometimes just upload the new version of this map here without testing anything. I could really use a beta tester or 2 so if anyone is willing to do that, just send me a message. ^^

Last edited:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Survival is, beyond doubt, one of the strangest maps I've played. I really had no clue what to expect, apart from the fact it'll be like Dawn of the Dead. That isn't really true; you're given no space to build your own base and, thankfully, this map avoids modern stereotypes of Survival maps having to be related to Zombies.

That aside, I enjoyed this map. It's very similar to the Arcade styled "Shoot em' Ups" of old, like Smash TV etc, and starts off rather easy. The map then stays the same, you gain levels and have access to better guns, etc.

However, I feel somewhat left out because apart from the job system I couldn't really grasp any of the 'more advanced' aspects. For example, I needed to make item X, to do this I combined an item gained from profession Y and Z, the trouble is Mr Z died 10 minutes ago on one of the insanely hard, yet enjoyable, bosses.

On top of that, the commander roles. Let me just get this part out of my system; OH MY GOD THE ESCAPE KEY IS SUCH A BLOODY ANNOYING MENU SETTING FOR A KEY. IF I HAD A PENNY FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I WAS KILLED FOR PRESSING ESCAPE TRYING TO EXIT THE LEVEL UP MENU I'D BE A BILLIONAIRE. BLOODY HELL ANGER RAGERAGERAGE. Pretty please sort this out?

Oh, and while you're at it can you provide some sorta tutorial system for the commander menu? I had no idea what I could do with it until about 15 games in, when I'd unlocked the other character class which, may I add, was bloody useless. The chaos knight was so unbalanced in the sense that it is a melee character with low hp.

With those flaws aside, I've gotta say that in my times of reviewing maps -- although it's only been a month or two -- this map is by far one of my favorites. It combines the laid back and easy going gaming with competitiveness, so regardless of what mood you're in, you can play it. Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing the future developments.

4/5

Level 9
Known Bugs: (1.20)
-Being able to build inside the battleship.

I always liked that feature, being able to build the plant shop on the ship I always thought of it as an extra perk.

Ship should be adjusted to accomodate the hydroponics lab I think ;)

New bugs list.
Cannot promote Light Blue, Dark Green and Brown. Actually these have been around since 1.16 I kinda forgot about them, but playing again reminded me. Those three colors for players never even make the promotions listing 7-12.

Warp Gate - Alien can follow you through it and invade your ship. This is why I like being able to put guns on the ship...

Ship Population - no sustainable purpose other than pretty text dancing on my screen?

Level 6
Known Bugs: (1.20)
-Being able to build inside the battleship.

I always liked that feature, being able to build the plant shop on the ship I always thought of it as an extra perk.

Ship should be adjusted to accomodate the hydroponics lab I think ;)

Building inside the battleship did cause some problems such as blocking paths, so i considered it as a bug. Most of the area is now unbuildable so there isn't much space to build.

New bugs list.
Cannot promote Light Blue, Dark Green and Brown. Actually these have been around since 1.16 I kinda forgot about them, but playing again reminded me. Those three colors for players never even make the promotions listing 7-12.

Didn't find any bugs by checking triggers. Are you sure that all of those players had enough points and levels for next promotion? Trying to test that.

Warp Gate - Alien can follow you through it and invade your ship. This is why I like being able to put guns on the ship...

Although it wasn't my purpose to make it like that, I still consider that as a good thing because it prevents players from visiting battleship too often.

Ship Population - no sustainable purpose other than pretty text dancing on my screen?

It actually affects your construction speed and raises your income faster. Doubling your population doubles your construction speed and raises your income 2x faster so population is quite important.

Commander "tutorial" coming soon.

Level 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSong View Post
New bugs list.
Quote:
Didn't find any bugs by checking triggers. Are you sure that all of those players had enough points and levels for next promotion? Trying to test that.

Hmm well, as it is, I always thought that if I got to level 2 and other people made it to level 2 with me that I should be able to at least promote them to lance corporal. That's when I started noticing the not being able to promote them, but I can promote other people. I am in the belief that the problem only occurs in full house games. Which I don't know why but people like me hosting survival I always get full house. Also if they survive killing the boss shouldn't they have leveled enough from that to be eligible for a promotion from private to lance corp? It's not like I'm powering them up to lieutenant or major.

I did do that a few times in the past, I think I made someone from Private to Brigidier General because I didn't understand promotions system. Also I have noticed that a lot of the other players are extremely damn jealous of all my points!

I am getting a lot of comments like: Woah! 378 points? He's cheating! Also been called a cheat and a fag for having too many points.

I would like a -hide command to hide my points from the board and have them display as 1.

Level 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSong View Post
New bugs list.
Quote:

Hmm well, as it is, I always thought that if I got to level 2 and other people made it to level 2 with me that I should be able to at least promote them to lance corporal. That's when I started noticing the not being able to promote them, but I can promote other people. I am in the belief that the problem only occurs in full house games. Which I don't know why but people like me hosting survival I always get full house. Also if they survive killing the boss shouldn't they have leveled enough from that to be eligible for a promotion from private to lance corp? It's not like I'm powering them up to lieutenant or major.

I did do that a few times in the past, I think I made someone from Private to Brigidier General because I didn't understand promotions system. Also I have noticed that a lot of the other players are extremely damn jealous of all my points!

I am getting a lot of comments like: Woah! 378 points? He's cheating! Also been called a cheat and a fag for having too many points.

I would like a -hide command to hide my points from the board and have them display as 1.

Getting promoted to lance corporal requires at least 2 points. Anyway, going to test that by myself. (after i have watched 1 anime episode ^^)

I can understand your problem, but I'm not sure if such command is the best solution. Points are there so other players can see how experienced someone is and it's really a good way for commanders to see who they should promote.

Btw, I just uploaded a new version which fixes 2/3 of long term bugs and also adds some new things, but that promotion bug is still there.

EDIT: I tested it and I was able to promote players who were using those 3 colors.

Last edited:
Level 1
I like this map, but I do not understand a few things, particularly in the newer versions. I tried playing commander recently and after a few minutes the game said something like "you were forced to resign for doing a bad job as commander." I thought I was doing a fine job, I was constantly researching and constructing, I had a medical facility and shields and coating completed, but abruptly and with no explanation I was fired. We didn't have any teleportation devices left so no one else on the team could get to the ship, so we were forced to play the rest of the game without a commander, and needless to say we didn't last very long. What I would like to know is why the game now fires the commander. What did I do wrong? At least it should give you a reason or offer one of the other players a chance to take over. I just thought it was strange that the game thought I was doing a bad job because I've beaten this map before while playing as commander.

Also, now when you become commander, you lose whatever special abilities you had due to your rank. The special auras you get with higher ranks really help on this map, so I think it would be better if you were able to keep these when you become commander. The way it is now seems to encourage less-experienced players to become commander because the high ranking ones will want to keep their abilities. Also this makes it very difficult to play the map with only one player.

One more thing about the abilities. The "Attack" and "Defend" abilities don't seem to work, or at least they don't work on your own character. Whenever I use them, I see no effect on my character's stats. I seem to recall this working in one of the earlier versions of this map but not anymore.

Anyway thanks for making the map. It's a lot of fun and has some great ideas. Keep up the good work!

Level 8
Boring and bugged (or stucked)

-.- A map that can play, but not the one i would like have... :con:
Example: I don't know is this a bug but... After a while I played this, when i tried to enter spaceship (or that-like), it said: Spaceship was destroyed...
And after that I just tried and tried and tried and tried to get in it but nothing. And there isn't much different items.... usually just strange flowers...
5/10 :bored:

Level 1
i've been playing this map quite a bit...

it seems like the commander automatically runs out of gold quite often...

also i added you on msn... i think i might be able to fix the shooting from command center issue

there are some questions i have that id like to discuss over msn

Last edited:
Level 9
"you were forced to resign for doing a bad job as commander." I thought I was doing a fine job!

I noticed this too, but I was able to make it go away by researching and consistantly researching the following right off from the beginning. I don't think it has to do with upgrades because I've gotten away without getting the trainee center before.

Commerce 2
Construction 2
Science 2

I really think it could have to do with commerce. I've noticed when other commanders get fired and I take over they had 0 in commerce.

Would it be possible to build a 'star gate' on a planet and then be able to warp from the ship to a planet you visited before and collect items you won previously?

It really wears at me the absolute need to grab bag everything essential. I start as archeologist, tech knowledge as high as possible, and then when the yellow zergs spawn I switch out for Medic, and place items on the ship (which someone always steals) and then run around making purple potions because apparently the other two medics can't be bothered.

Things I would love:

A public/private 'lock box' for each player. Something I can put things I want to keep for a little while away in and has a lock ability on it that seals it from other players. If a character like medic is feeling generous they can place items within another player's lockbox for them, but cannot take those items out.

The controlling player of each lockbox can lock or unlock it at any time. This gives access to restricted goods to other players that need them, or denies access. If my character dies then the lock box on the battle ship also dies.

I have been furiously annoyed because I keep getting screwed over by nubs.

I am builder, I make 4 towers on Level 1, and stockpile 4 special herbs for a later build. I put them on the ship to be used later.
Jonny Nub teleports to battleship, he sees these lovely towers and herbs just sitting on the ship, picks them all up and makes things out of them right before we warp.

I am an archeologist, I make 4 really nice mana potions I put them on the ship along with Alien artifacts IV. To be used later. I tell people, leave them alone they are for LATER.
Jonny Nub teleports to the battleship, he sees these interesting things called Alien Artifacts, picks them up, takes them with him to surface and either drops them right before we warp or he dies with them and I don't notice until I go back to the ship.

I am a medic, I make 6 fine green potion stacks they are stacked 15 a piece and heal 100 hp each. I put them on the battle ship so I can go make some more.
Jonny Nub strikes again. He takes all of my potions that I just put on the ship, trots over to the shop on the ship and sells them all.

I am a miner. I make 15 electric grenades, I also make another 10 extra electric blue potions. I place them all on the ship, and run down to the planet to get more.
Jonny Nub sees them and thinks 'oh cool, ship makes grenades spawn on it.' Takes all of my grenades and tosses them around like they are free candy.

There is no reason I should need to put up with crap like that game after game, when I bust my ass every level to put the most into it, in the hopes of one day getting a great team and seeing Level 4. Only to have it all snatched away from me by someone who has never played the game before. If I had a private lock box on the battle ship it would never happen.

Level 6
I noticed this too, but I was able to make it go away by researching and consistantly researching the following right off from the beginning. I don't think it has to do with upgrades because I've gotten away without getting the trainee center before.

Commerce 2
Construction 2
Science 2

I really think it could have to do with commerce. I've noticed when other commanders get fired and I take over they had 0 in commerce.

Would it be possible to build a 'star gate' on a planet and then be able to warp from the ship to a planet you visited before and collect items you won previously?

It really wears at me the absolute need to grab bag everything essential. I start as archeologist, tech knowledge as high as possible, and then when the yellow zergs spawn I switch out for Medic, and place items on the ship (which someone always steals) and then run around making purple potions because apparently the other two medics can't be bothered.

Things I would love:

A public/private 'lock box' for each player. Something I can put things I want to keep for a little while away in and has a lock ability on it that seals it from other players. If a character like medic is feeling generous they can place items within another player's lockbox for them, but cannot take those items out.

The controlling player of each lockbox can lock or unlock it at any time. This gives access to restricted goods to other players that need them, or denies access. If my character dies then the lock box on the battle ship also dies.

I have been furiously annoyed because I keep getting screwed over by nubs.

I am builder, I make 4 towers on Level 1, and stockpile 4 special herbs for a later build. I put them on the ship to be used later.
Jonny Nub teleports to battleship, he sees these lovely towers and herbs just sitting on the ship, picks them all up and makes things out of them right before we warp.

I am an archeologist, I make 4 really nice mana potions I put them on the ship along with Alien artifacts IV. To be used later. I tell people, leave them alone they are for LATER.
Jonny Nub teleports to the battleship, he sees these interesting things called Alien Artifacts, picks them up, takes them with him to surface and either drops them right before we warp or he dies with them and I don't notice until I go back to the ship.

I am a medic, I make 6 fine green potion stacks they are stacked 15 a piece and heal 100 hp each. I put them on the battle ship so I can go make some more.
Jonny Nub strikes again. He takes all of my potions that I just put on the ship, trots over to the shop on the ship and sells them all.

I am a miner. I make 15 electric grenades, I also make another 10 extra electric blue potions. I place them all on the ship, and run down to the planet to get more.
Jonny Nub sees them and thinks 'oh cool, ship makes grenades spawn on it.' Takes all of my grenades and tosses them around like they are free candy.

There is no reason I should need to put up with crap like that game after game, when I bust my ass every level to put the most into it, in the hopes of one day getting a great team and seeing Level 4. Only to have it all snatched away from me by someone who has never played the game before. If I had a private lock box on the battle ship it would never happen.

I'm definitely going to make such lockbox system someday. I don't know when but it will come.

Level 5
I have a good suggestion for you Masa:

Have a section of item holders that, when you put items in them, they get sent down on the next time that items get sent down, to the planet with the fighting players.

This thing would be useful for buying some med kits and storing them in there for another wave, then they get sent down, and all the other players can use them, this would be good for a commander with VERY high income to supply his allies down on the planet, So he can support them well with out the fear of dying. Thus making the game more balanced in the favor of the marines.

Level 6
I have a good suggestion for you Masa:

Have a section of item holders that, when you put items in them, they get sent down on the next time that items get sent down, to the planet with the fighting players.

This thing would be useful for buying some med kits and storing them in there for another wave, then they get sent down, and all the other players can use them, this would be good for a commander with VERY high income to supply his allies down on the planet, So he can support them well with out the fear of dying. Thus making the game more balanced in the favor of the marines.

Actually I've thought of making that for a long time, but I never bothered to make it. I can make it at the same time with lock box system once I can get someone to make larger battleship area for me.

I also wanted to say that I've started publishing beta maps. You can see the link for the latest beta version at map description and you can also get it here: Survival1.23b2.w3x. I simply didn't have time to test it so it's probably filled with bugs.
The next version is going to have:
*Improved Save/Load code. It's going to have shorter code, it's harder to crack it and it's not going to produce wrong codes.
*New heroes. I'm going to make at least 1 new hero and some people helping me might also make new heroes, so the new version is going to have 1-3 new heroes.
*Some balance changes.

Last edited:
Level 5
Alright Theres a BUG

I have noticed a few things that have gone haywire.

The first planet boss can channel AND attack,

The commander system is pleading me to research when when i have 0 Gold, (Make the time that the command should research is when he has 150 gold, enough for supplies and enough to keep up some level 2 construction), Do this will also cause commanders not to research Construction out of cheapness, Making gameplay easier.

You cant promote to Lance corporal until 10 points, and corporal at 30. I thought that the first upgrade was free.

There is two spot i found on the ship that you can put the lock boxes and the Drop off box,
It is the area to the left and right of the warp portal to the planet.

And also, as a final note, There should be more abilities in the commander Ability menu on the MARINE, not the commander Interface.
Heres a few suggestions for the abilities:

Call in Battleship, This calls in the battleship for a minute, It has HP proportionate to its durability, With a ratio of somewhere of 750 HP to 1 durability. It has an attack based on its "Gun turret" Upgrade. Allied marines can warp onto the battleship by right-clicking the summoned battleship. Cooldown should be maximum possible.

Cruise Missile, Calls for the battleship to launch a cruise missile at the targeted area. This will damage marines, and it deals massive damage. Again the cooldown should be maximum possible.

Thats all the ideas i have for now. 5/5 for this map!

Level 6
I have noticed a few things that have gone haywire.

The first planet boss can channel AND attack,

That's not really a problem as long as he can't move while channeling ^^ At least it makes things a bit harder.

You cant promote to Lance corporal until 10 points, and corporal at 30. I thought that the first upgrade was free.

You had enough income for the first promotion? It's not completely free because it still requires some hero levels and some income (1 for the first promotion).

There is two spot i found on the ship that you can put the lock boxes and the Drop off box,
It is the area to the left and right of the warp portal to the planet.

I don't want to fill it too much.. so I'm still in need of terrainer.

And also, as a final note, There should be more abilities in the commander Ability menu on the MARINE, not the commander Interface.
Heres a few suggestions for the abilities:

Call in Battleship, This calls in the battleship for a minute, It has HP proportionate to its durability, With a ratio of somewhere of 750 HP to 1 durability. It has an attack based on its "Gun turret" Upgrade. Allied marines can warp onto the battleship by right-clicking the summoned battleship. Cooldown should be maximum possible.

Cruise Missile, Calls for the battleship to launch a cruise missile at the targeted area. This will damage marines, and it deals massive damage. Again the cooldown should be maximum possible.

All that would require very good looking model which is also supposed to have a small file size. Such model doesn't exist :/

Level 1
I got to a point after the plague treant boss in the 3rd planet that no more creeps spawned. :[ And I was still alive. I solo'd everything starting from planet 2 because my teammates died, and I just sat in the middle with no monsters spawning and built up my bship while it kept raining down destruction. Then I spammed 70-90 marines and blasted every single boss and creep with sheer number and firepower. Got about 80-90some points that game... Maybe you could either nerf marines (darnit) or make more levels/planets/creep waves?

That, and where and how do you research "Improved Guns"?

Level 1
I had the same problem after I beat the plague treant boss. There doesn't seem to be an ending. Also I don't like how regular enemies can now cast polymorph and entangling root. It basically makes it necessary to keep sending in tons of marines or else you'll be unable to fight at all.

A couple things about marines: I had hotkeyed the marine training building and just kept building them when I was down on the planet, and when I went back to the battleship some of them were stuck up above the shop in the top right corner. They couldn't get out, so I had to shoot them to free up the food. I think there should either be more room around the edges on the battleship so this can't happen or you should be able to rally the marines to automatically go through the portal. Right now the rally point doesn't work at all.

Also the marine upgrades that are mentioned in a couple places don't seem to actually exist. Even when I get the training center expansion I don't see any way to upgrade them. The training center expansion is basically useless because experience is way too expensive to be useful.

One thing I really don't like are the constant "WARNING" messages that pop up when you're playing as the commander. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of fighting a boss or a big group of enemies and I simply can't risk going into the commander menu, but the game insists on threatening to take my points away and telling me I'm not doing my job right. Really this is just an unnecessary distraction and I think there should be a way to disable these messages.

I tried playing as a templar once, and I think I encountered a bug. I picked up a healing kit, and as I was being attacked by a couple larvae, I tried healing myself. Afterwards my templar became unresponsive. He just stood there, stuck in the healing animation, not listening to my commands, and I wound up dying. Is this supposed to happen?

Anyway keep up the good work.

Level 1
If you look up, he's already noted that in the list of known bugs. I've had it happen to me too, and I got out of it by pressing S.

I also think Chaos Knight should be buffed. Very, VERY dangerous to use in boss fights and has mediocre damage without the damage sword, but it's also extremely useless in planet 2 because of air units and 100 armor frost armor. And yea, entangling roots in planet 3 screws over every hero.

Level 1
I played a bit more this afternoon and noticed a few peculiarities.

After being promoted a few times, your hero will permanently lose movement speed every time you pick up an item or train the Knowledge ability.

If you -load before you choose a hero, you will have default stats. If you wait until you've selected a hero and have control before you -load, however, you get a boost to your stats (including damage).

I'm not sure if this is the case for all heroes, as I was only playing Marine today.

Level 1
Wah?! Is that true? I always load before I pick my hero...

I also solo'd the planets again ;_;. Got 80ish more points, and now my total is 200. from 30->200 in 2 games... gawd dayum. Once again the game ended after the plague treant, and I had to have my marines kill me to save.

That and maybe you should nerf the 2nd planet's first boss, where his frost nova affects about 1/3 to 1/2 the map. The only reason I survive this is because I flee to my battleship and spam marines, but other marines are not so fortunate.

Level 6
I played a bit more this afternoon and noticed a few peculiarities.

After being promoted a few times, your hero will permanently lose movement speed every time you pick up an item or train the Knowledge ability.

If you -load before you choose a hero, you will have default stats. If you wait until you've selected a hero and have control before you -load, however, you get a boost to your stats (including damage).

I'm not sure if this is the case for all heroes, as I was only playing Marine today.

Thanks for reporting that.

Those awful bugs have been fixed.

Last edited:
Level 1
First impression is BAD terrain.....

Second impression is a FUN map.

I suppose you to do terrain rebuild
,and your map only 8xxkb small enough to add more effect or module in.

Level 1
Planet 2 is extremely hard now, what with all the lvl 3 flying units spammed frost nova, you take damage too quickly to heal, and i also noticed that the level 2 archeologist spell, the flame one, got nerfed or something. It doesn't do as much damage... less than the level 1 in fact.

Level 6
Planet 2 is extremely hard now, what with all the lvl 3 flying units spammed frost nova, you take damage too quickly to heal, and i also noticed that the level 2 archeologist spell, the flame one, got nerfed or something. It doesn't do as much damage... less than the level 1 in fact.

Yep, they are quite hard, but not impossible.

Level 2 fire ability should make more damage than level 1 fire ability, but level 1 fire ability is actually supposed to make less damage than frost nova lvl 1 (to a single target) Fire ability still has a huge AoE so it's more powerful and fire makes more damage than frost ability at high archeology level.

Level 1
Hrm? There are levels for the abilities? I thought Frost was 1, Fire was 2, Lightning was 3, and Volcano was lvl 4? Except the volcano doesn't last as long as it says it does...

Level 1
I mentioned this a while ago and I don't think it was ever addressed. When you use the rank abilities "Attack" and "Defend," it only affects other players and not your own hero. Is this how it's supposed to be? I think it would be better if you got the effects as well, and I seem to recall this being the case in an earlier version of the map.

Level 1
well

i can say i realy like this game XD
i found it on the other website at ver 1.21
i just played this about 30+ times strait XD
your game is realy good but... it got some bugs

about the password
the password goes only until 289 points
and i tested only until warrant oficer
soo maybe there is some other things i don't know

the battlecry skill (i don't remenber the name) from seargent and on
when you use the skill all units afected by the skill become a little slower about 3 move speed
but if you use this skill lots of times you become a easy prey to every single creep (i'm talking about the caos knight, but the marine get slowed too)
you never get the speed back...
soo imagine i walking 20 movespeed... inside the ship i take about 2 minutes to get out the ship

the templar stuck for crafting is already commented here

we need better manner to call commander skills, i just don't want to stand still while i give commands. (a good reason we got RADIO tecnology, or a intergalatic battleship don't hav radios and stereophones?)

and i'd like to ask for a copy of this map to help you make it better and to see how your secondary skill works, to use in a game like "smash TV"

Thanks for the good work

Level 6
Hrm? There are levels for the abilities? I thought Frost was 1, Fire was 2, Lightning was 3, and Volcano was lvl 4? Except the volcano doesn't last as long as it says it does...

Yep, there are actually levels for those abilities, but they can only be lvld up by leveling archeology skill.

I mentioned this a while ago and I don't think it was ever addressed. When you use the rank abilities "Attack" and "Defend," it only affects other players and not your own hero. Is this how it's supposed to be? I think it would be better if you got the effects as well, and I seem to recall this being the case in an earlier version of the map.

It's not a bug. They're supposed to act like that so you can only help others with those skills.

well

i can say i realy like this game XD
i found it on the other website at ver 1.21
i just played this about 30+ times strait XD
your game is realy good but... it got some bugs

about the password
the password goes only until 289 points
and i tested only until warrant oficer
soo maybe there is some other things i don't know

the battlecry skill (i don't remenber the name) from seargent and on
when you use the skill all units afected by the skill become a little slower about 3 move speed
but if you use this skill lots of times you become a easy prey to every single creep (i'm talking about the caos knight, but the marine get slowed too)
you never get the speed back...
soo imagine i walking 20 movespeed... inside the ship i take about 2 minutes to get out the ship

the templar stuck for crafting is already commented here

we need better manner to call commander skills, i just don't want to stand still while i give commands. (a good reason we got RADIO tecnology, or a intergalatic battleship don't hav radios and stereophones?)

and i'd like to ask for a copy of this map to help you make it better and to see how your secondary skill works, to use in a game like "smash TV"

Thanks for the good work

That movement speed problem was *supposedly* fixed. Are you sure that you were playing the latest version (1.244)? I just want to know that because it doesn't really help me if you're telling about bugs which were present in older versions.

Password system code hasn't been changed recently so there might be a problem with it. Going to check it.

Thanks for comments/bug reports ^^

Level 1
the problem about the password is just between 289 and 300
above 300 there is no problem

the problem about the speed was fixed XD

i just tested today

thank you

i'm lookin for more bug for ya while i enjoy playnig XD

Level 2
i get not full codes when i have 160; 161; 162; 163 points
two last digits is missing

Last edited: