• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Surreal and creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

I'm not nearly spending as much time gaming as modding, so maps of the type I will ask about could very well have slipped my attention until now.

The question is: What maps and projects are out there that really have no other ambition than to mess with your mind? I'm talking about maps that use the many possibilities of the Editor and tools to create a glitchy world full of crazy hallucinations and shock effects. The setting could be about someone trying to fight their way out of their own diseased brain, or a map where you simply fight for your survival with no information given whatsoever. As disturbing as they would be, I believe they could be rather easy to make (since in horror, being subtle is often a plus). I think I already watched a few cinematics going in that direction, but I was wondering if someone is or has been working on something going a little further

Level 19
Silent Hill is nice too, but you'll need a Version Switcher.

If you're really out to look for some mind screwing, then I suggest these maps:

(Give me a moment to edit...)

Status
Not open for further replies.