• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[sound] Creepy music and screams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello all of you i am gallin and i was wondering if someone could find me and tell me how to put in some creepy music and maybe some screams and sounds that zombies would make

Project: Well this is all for my project it will possibly be called Attack of the Dead (name may be changed) i need these sounds to make a atmosphere alittle more scary here are some pictures of the map

Like i said before i need some scary music and zombie sounds
this would be great if you made it

(maybe you could look at my other requests in the request section)

Level 4
If your map is going to be b.net compatible then I really suggest you don't add songs or else you will most likely go over the 4mb map limit and it wont be playable online.

If you really need a song in the game then I suggest just cutting a part out of a song, most likely a short loop that you can replay over and over.

A good song for this kind of map would have to be Reunion by Marilyn Manson for the first resident evil movie. It starts off a bit eerie and then gets a bit of an action-inspiring industrial pace to it.

Level 4
lol are you serious? I was just giving an example of a good song, and thought I'd link a place you can hear it to see if it is what you are after. If you want music, hit up i-tunes or your cd cabinet.

Putting music into the game is just the same as importing anything else, I figured you would already know that since you had imports in your screenshots.... just import the song and set it as music through the sound editor. Then implement it ingame using triggers.

...did you even read my warning about 4mb cap on b.net maps? You do realise that a single song can be anywhere from 2-10mb

EDIT: I wasn't aware that other guy just gave a link to google, that was kind of unnecessary. Although the point obviously was that there are free sound files for download all over the net, just search for a site that has a bunch of files to suit your maps taste.

Level 4
nah, you can import mp3's and wavs. They just have to be small files to keep under the mb cap. You could still find some small files on the net like screams and creepy noises that you could put in your map, but it really depends on how many imports you have already

Level 4
It is a string that almost sounds like a siren that lasts for about a second, then drops down a note. There is a bass drum randomly sounding in the background, and water drops. Also, there is a lot of reverb, for an overall erie effect. When you hear it, tell me if you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.