• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Whoever likes the Nintendo Wii game Super Smash Bros Brawl can debate here.
I really like this game, its just so much fun!

My favourite characters are:

mario_s.jpg

MARIO

link_s.jpg

LINK

fox_s.jpg

FOX

zelda_s.jpg

ZELDA

sheik_s.jpg

SHEIK

I want to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.

Last edited:
Level 34
Luigi all the way. Then I dunno, I haven't played much since Melee is better. Maybe Sonic or Pokemon trainer.

Level 14
I liked melee more becouse off OP Mario.

In Brawl however I think Olimar or possible young link.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I like marth, ike and zelda.

Marth has absolutly nuts swords, capable of easy 20% damage hits with huge range. Also if you hit them right (sword tip at right angle), you can exert extreem force capable of sending even low damage opponents critically off the edge allowing for a KO shot from an item. On top of that his final smash it totally rigged if you time yourself right, instantly killing any character at nearly any state in most stage areas from 0%.

Ike, is near the opposite of marth. Whereby marth was speed with medium power, this guy is power with medium speed. Ikes power is extreem, and arguably one of the hardest hitters in the game with moves matching or beasting any of the top hitters. He also inherits marth's sword mechanics so if you hit correctly you can send enemies flying critically. Ike may be slow if used normally, but he has an array of rapid fire combos and ranged attacks to pull off. Yes it can be hard to hit, but his hits hurt, easilly capable of killing characters as low as 40% if they do not look out with just 1 hit. On top of that his volcano attack makes for cheap edge kills and can OHKO atleast 3 character types in normal rules while they are at 0% thus why I like him.

Zelda, although looking like a girl is totally overflowing with power. Her attacks deal high damage and are easy to chain. Upwards smash can instantly 30%+ most characters for chains of 3 hits. Her sidewards is annoying due to damage overtime with stun. Her din's fire can also piss of recoverers dealing huge or fatal damage to them while they are struggling to make it back. To top all of this she has an array of force moves to kill stuff, with walk attacks which are nuts. Also her kicks are deadly, one lightning kick on you and you will mostlikly be dead if 40%+ near the screen edge. Her final smash also rules, as it is near instant cast and stunlock enemies while the angle allows for light characters to be killed in small stages while at 0%. Finally she has the most rigged bug of all, the giga zelda bug allowing permant XXL form which can kill all characters in 3 secs from 0% but is very rare and hard to pull off. Sadly shiek sucks, as shieks range is low, control is hard and clumbsy and she is light. Shiek can not kill shit basically due to nearly no force and hard to contact hits. Also shiek lacks the major strength of zelda, the annoying range attacks so is more prone to damage.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Link is usless in the end compaired to toonlink. Yes link is stronger but toonlink is faster and smaller, both of which make him noticably superiour to link as he handles exactly the same. Basically no one ever picks link who wants to play pro, they only pick toonlink if they want a link.

In the end toonlink and link needed different movesets to correct this.

Level 5
I liked melee's gameplay better, its...faster in my opinion. However, melee is plauged by clones, and more clones. Brawl is too somewhat. My favorite would have to be the original Super smash bros. Brawl, for me, was as much of a success as it was a let down. It had good gameplay..but the smash balls and characters with a massive array of spam annoyed me to no end, and the campaign was long and boring. However, playing brawl online was a fun experience, and the fresh characters, fun stages, and unique move sets made brawl a solid game for me.

-Favorite Characters-
Marth
Ike
Luigi
Kirby

Level 2
SSBB is awesome! :D
unfortunatly nobody ever wants to play with me (im too good :grin:)
my fav characters are:
Marth
Toon Link
Snake

for some reason i can never get into an online game so ive never seen what onlines like for this game :sad:

Level 6
From what I hear, a model importer program is going to be released within a month. There's already a moveset/animation editor for Brawl. With a custom ISO you'll be able to have fully custom characters (supposedly they won't have to replace existing characters either)...

Sounds pretty awesome.

(Moveset edit of Lucario: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5azJkDRgNI; pretty likely Mewtwo will be returning once the model importer is finished!)

Maybe some talented modelers here want to make some sexy models for Brawl? :d

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Link is too slow, thus he fails (although he is pretty cool).
Toon link out classes him in nearlly every way, which is sad considering one is a teenager and the other a child.

It really needs a ballence patch to fix these problems.
The yellow electric hamster is like really insane for its speed.

Level 3
Ike is EASY to play for me. I own with him. I hate Sonic, and whenever I play, I set all the CPUs to Lv1 Sonics. "You're too Slow!" Well, you're too dead.
Wish they hadn't cut Mewtwo out for that clone, Lucario....>:[

Level 5
I like Ice Climbers. Everyone tells me they suck, but they can actually be pretty good.

Level 34
Cpt. Falcon would be another favorite if we were talking about the superior SSBM. They completely wrecked him in brawl.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
He was not totally wrecked. He still has speed and power behind his moves. The problem is he has noticable recovery now from some of them and also is a lot lighter than he used to be so can get KOed at low %.

If anything they wrecked Gannondorf who shares simlar moves. He now is just too slow and most of his moves can be blocked by much faster ones.

Level 34
No, they definitely ruined the Capt. His knee is absolutely useless in brawl (which was the best thing about him in melee), and he's not as fast.

TLW

TLW

Level 2
I havnt played it that much, but I think I prefer brawl, although the new levels added with Brawl are deffinatly alot more fun. (the wind waker set level has to be my favorite). My favorite charecters have to be Young Link (as he was in melee) Ice Climbers (again same..) and Mario. Though I feel mario is quite as powerfull as he used to be.

The only thing I really dislike about brawl is the new item that appears, I can't remember what it's called but you hit it so many times and get a "super attack",I feel it's more annoying than anything.

I also miss dr, Mario, yes basically a clone of Mario but who cares! :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.