• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
Just dropping some terrain.

Attachments

• Sunrise.png
    Sunrise.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 285
Level 34
Looks good! Your choice of textures close to the camera is the one glaring thing I see at the moment. You have to hide the fact that you are using a almost 2 decade old game. :p

The composition could be worked on too. There's nothing grabbing my attention at the moment. The balance is good between background and foreground and the left and right, but I feel like perhaps it could use something to make the focal point. The stump is what I notice right away, maybe add some interest there. Some glow coming out of it, or someone looking into it. I dunno.

The lighting is well done! The background is great! Overall it's a good piece.

Looks good! Your choice of textures close to the camera is the one glaring thing I see at the moment. You have to hide the fact that you are using a almost 2 decade old game. :p
Thanks! :p
The composition could be worked on too. There's nothing grabbing my attention at the moment. The balance is good between background and foreground and the left and right, but I feel like perhaps it could use something to make the focal point. The stump is what I notice right away, maybe add some interest there. Some glow coming out of it, or someone looking into it. I dunno.
Yeah, I agree. Maybe an structure or a person as you said.
The lighting is well done! The background is great! Overall it's a good piece.
Thank you! :)

Level 23
As Gilles already pointed out, the main issue with this shot is the quality of textures and models up front. The generel style of the models fits well with the overall look, but you certainly have to search for high quality replacements to make it look good. You could also try using a few fog effect to mask a few of the odd model parts. Given the lake/swamp feel of the overall terrain I could really imagine this could enhance the overall atmosphere aswell. Just make sure you do not overuse it.
Also I really like the tree in the middle as focus point, but I think you somehow need to underline it a bit more, I guess changing the rockformations a bit, so they point a bit more towards the focal point could help here.

What I really like is the overall atmosphere, the reflections and overall cue state. WIth a little refinements this could turn out very nice overall! Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.