• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear is my terrain dident know what to call it: Castle,Forest,Sunrise or Sunset

Attachments

• Forest.jpg
    Forest.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 247
  • Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 227
Level 18
This, IMO looks like a pretty...how shall I say... Noobish terrain. I think its just the grass model you used, that I really don't like, and it stops ubruptly, make it fade some from the path. Id totally prefer a different grass, but its your choice. You should also add some variation in the environment, different grass, plants, flowers, anything.

And it appears there are two suns, coming from opposite directions, and the two light rays on the right are coming at pretty noticeably different angles.

The castle looks nice, maybe some more doodads outside of it, like torches or something, but definitely more "life" humans, animals, etc...

The second one looks really bad with that fog. I would definitly suggest changing the color or just getting rid of it.

All in all, I think it could be a decent terrain with some tweaking.

Level 34
The grass model is much too tall. Take a page from MadseN's book and make it really short, then blanket the terrain. Works very well.

Level 34
If he were to scale it down, he might be able to pull it off using that grass model. But probably not.

Level 7
I would personally suggest more variation of environmental doodads, also try using some of the earlier suggestions for grass. Hmm. I think you should try to tint your light from aboves to blend with the fog. Also the scalet of the trees compared to the gates demeans it. I completely grabs the wonder in the the wall (if you want to make it seem like some awesome grand gate to a large city). You want it standing august and the focal point of your shot. With such big trees in the way it takes away from the epic-ness of the gates. Also, try adding a little yellow or blue to that orange fog. It's currently just a tad too orange. I'd also suggest making your lights face the same angle. Hoped this helped.

Level 6
Hmmm... weird... first tall grass and then... barren ground, it's ugly wugly.
Also maybe make buildings rise up behind the castle wall. Also the lightning in the first pic is messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.