• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Master's Terrain Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
My terrains
1:Night Elf Village deep in the Forest.
2:Castle with Mage Lord.
3:Ice Lands.
4:Tavern at Night.
5:Forest way.
6:Dawn in sub-desert area.
7:World Tree.
8:Dawn in Lordaeron.
9:City on Clouds.
10:Snowy Castle.
11:Rexxar

Attachments

• Night Elf Forest.jpg
    Night Elf Forest.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 956
  • Dalaran.jpg
    Dalaran.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 592
  • Ice Land.jpg
    Ice Land.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 540
  • Tavern at Night.jpg
    Tavern at Night.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 616
  • Forest Way.jpg
    Forest Way.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 508
  • Sub-Desert Dawn.jpg
    Sub-Desert Dawn.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 571
  • World Tree.jpg
    World Tree.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 491
  • Dawn in Lordaeron.jpg
    Dawn in Lordaeron.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 481
  • Flying Town.jpg
    Flying Town.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 547
  • Snowy Castle.jpg
    Snowy Castle.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 596
  • Rexxar.jpg
    Rexxar.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Level 4
They would look fine for a playable map, but they are not that special if they are for sole purpose of terraining. And as a sidenote, don't use that "..." after sentences that much.

Level 35
Since you asked so nicely, I'm now going to review your terrains:

Pic 1:

- Its fairly nice. I dont really like the choice of camera angle nor do I carry any love for those tree models, though. Some rocks over your .. Pond? Is flaoting, and please. Have some more variety in tree models. (at least two types)

Pic 2:

- Ah the O so light arch terrain, we've all done that sometime or the other, havnt we? ;) Anyways, it is too flat and seems to lack doodads, it just doesnt interest, at all.

Pic 3:

- As with Pic 2, there is nothing really that draws any interest. You should make your terrains with something centered, like a lake, mountain, ruin, castle or something resembling the mentioned. I like the fog though :D

Pic 4:

- HIGH RES HAX PACK! Me no more comment!
No, really :p You've used the high res models good, but some more variation in trees are ALWAYS welcome. And again, when was it last you saw a green forest with blue fog, or when was last you saw a blue fog at all? Think realism my friend, realism.
Also, in this terrain the fog is too dense, and the terrain stops where the fog starts, seeming like the fog is swallowing the terrain, not good.

Level 10
The last 2 pics are aight, looks like you improved scince the first few. They definatly need some hight variation the ground looks far too smooth in every screen.

Also where is the sky? Everything ends in the background with heavy fog, try changing the sky box and using clouds and sun/stars.

Level 18
My thing is barrens i love barrens and barrens is just so barrens like :) barrens is my thingy anyway Your barrens needs more tile variation also use som shrubs. (and change the color of the shrubs when you use them) Anyway you can clearly see that you have inproved your terrain skills.

Level 4
1:Night Elf Village deep in the Forest. 4/10
2:Castle with Mage Lord. 2/10
3:Ice Lands. 2/10
4:Tavern at Night. 5/10
5:Forest way. 6/10
6:Dawn in sub-desert area. 1/10
7:World Tree. 1/10
8:Dawn in Lordaeron. 0/10
9:City on Clouds 9/10

30/90=3.3/10

not good,not bad.

Last edited:
Level 18
1: Your flying city needs a better sky and there is to much white. 2: how much time do you spend on your terrain 10min? (dont wana be anoying but it looks like you spend 10minutes on evry terrain)
3: i see inprovement but i would say spend more time and look things over a couple of times

Level 10
Yes you need to spend more time crafting your terrains - not just placing a few doodads here and there and saying that looks good.

If your gonna make terrain-art you should be a lil more devoted to a single map insted of trying to pump out as much crap as you can.

These terrain are not horrible i think you have potential - just need to spend more time on one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.