• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glimmering Sunset =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
here is a rip off of VOIDS legendary sunset pic (naa its not but it looks similiar to it :p)

Give feedback and shit.

EDIT : changed it up a bit. actually added a tiny bit of height variation. It still looks the same to me but w/e.

EDIT EDIT : Okay i fixed it up into a new terrain ...the MYSTIC SUNRISE :D
it looks way better, however no terrain is really involved...its all bout lighting i suppose.

I also added a teaser one next to it....notice the sun flare ....thats photoshopeed haha but only for that one,( its called saharah )

Attachments

• Orange Sunset 3.png
    Orange Sunset 3.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Mystic Sunrise.png
    Mystic Sunrise.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 460
  • Saharah PS.png
    Saharah PS.png
    254 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Level 18
naa madsens has different trees and a better background.

and Voids is the ones with the Arbe trees. So its more off of voids then madsens >.>

and ya its empty. lol there isn't even height variation hahaha ( probably why it only took 15 minutes to make this ^.^)

Level 18
=(

i wanna know better ways to make better suns, but i dont know how all of you do it ( the EPic suns, not the shitty glow suns ....which is what im using right now.

the smexy sun in ur legendary pic is what i was trying to create....but i hate using the " negative pitch angle " crap to fix the light from aboves. I know there are other ways to make suns though ...

have any ? other than the light from above ?

bTW, updated it, added a " newer version " with a tiny bit of height variation ( not really )

Level 18
im pretty sure that the sunflare in photoshop could be recreated in the world editor.

All you need is well placed : " generic glows ", " glows " " lights from above " and " sun flares." all with different color schemes...however it would be so tedious , it might drive people insane.

i was thinking about adding stars... but o man, it was so boring, i had to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.