• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi all, i want to make a first real terrain with those UTM but what kind of map do you want to see? i need idees:grin:

ps: how can i make a sunrise? or just a sun...

Level 23
THere are so many different things a map could be about, but that's one of the most important points in terraining I think, to come up with your own individual ideas!
Try to orientate on screenshots by experienced terrainers and look what they do, and then try to get your own ideas by this without copying their ideas.

Level 4
Ok thx im now working at a elfish island ^^ just expirimenting. But those terrains in THE "legendery terrains thread" are awesome! How tthe hell did they made that! If i look to those i reAlly want to make terrains :)

Level 2
Ok thx im now working at a elfish island ^^ just expirimenting. But those terrains in THE "legendery terrains thread" are awesome! How tthe hell did they made that! If i look to those i reAlly want to make terrains :)
Well,making terrain like that,takes hardwork and dedication not to mention experience.

By the way,use Spell check before you post.

Level 23
he means hard work, which means you have to practise a lot and gain experience before you can make a terrain like those. There's a reason why there are only a few guys in the list of top ten terrains, and there's also a reason why it's just top 10 and not top 1000 ;-)
So if you want to terrain, don't expect that you make epic terrains right from the start!

Level 13
Yes, terraining needs practice. But it's true that you get motivation from those legendary terrains and from top 10 :)

I also suggest you to have a look at
raid1000's screens

Also if you are going to make playable terrains, I suggest you to download
Diablo III Warcraft by CloudWolf Studios
It gave me damn much inspiration and motivation. So I started to practice. And if you want to know how did i succeed, check My PLAYABLE Terrains

Level 18
i think that terraining comes from what you feel, and how you percieve things.

Not that its a bad idea to ask others for inspriation, but instead draw your inspiration from something which visually appeals to you. for instance, check on the internet for beautiful landscapes. Search other terrains and also look into what you are felling inside your soul.

If you catch my drift...

Status
Not open for further replies.