• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken Isle [Tag Map]+Rep for good ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Sunken Isle Renamed to Shipwrecked!~+Rep for good ideas

Hello guys,i'd like to get ideas on my map Sunken Isle
Shipwrecked

Story
--------
Still thinking but concept of wandering voyagers that got trapped on this isle that is cursed by titans and nagas that saw them trapped on the isle and want to kill em all.

What i need
---------------
-Ideas like concept of how should it be different from other tag maps,builders etc.

-Should it have a save ur allies when they die like tree tag or should it be like when you die you dont revive?

-Should there be custom spells and music?

-Name of runners/nagas/titan.

Thats all i need for now,thanks!:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Dying condition (voyagers)=> when they die they will leave gravestones. (its neutral passive so it will be hard to find it). You need some necromancers to raise him again.
Naga Dying Condition => When they die, wait 10 seconds then they will revive. As long as the Titan is alive, naga's will always rise
Titan Dying Condition => game end, voyager's win

Ideas
1) there would be 9 voyagers, 2 nagas, and 1 Titan
2)There are small dungeons where it will drop item-for-voyagers-only
3)Special events! like rain of fire etc
4)Many titan type! Chaos, Nature, Ice, etc...
5)All unit (voyager, combat units) can use sandbags (defend but drops stones xD)
6)Main resource would be lumber, all early buildings will use lumber. Golds are mined on gold mines scattered around the map.
7)Easter Eggs! they do nothng :(
8)Only massive army+teamwork can kill the titan
9)at the start, you can be the old-builder or a bandit (bandit can also build SOME buildings. Also its units are bought not trained.
10)Also the terrain should be deep jungle type (heavy fog, trollish ambience, thick forest, many clliffs, waterfalls, rivers. (I like those kind of terrain :3)
11)ISLAND DEFENSE! lawl

Level 9
Lmao,very nice ideas +Rep to both of you,i'm currently working on the terrain by myself and im not that good in terrain but trying very hard so i hope it gets a island type of feeling,
Anyway i plan to have maybe 10 choices of runner and 3 choice of titan 6 choice of naga.

No i dont plant it to be like island defense =p

so will you implant the bandit thingy? i would like it :)
also some tips on terraining:
1.Dont put green trees near the coasts, put 2-3 ruins tree wall instead
2.dont ever put critters! they suck :)
3.use the trees from ashenvale to make the jungle
4.apply rain weather (heavy)
5.Put only 10-15 rocks on the map
6.be sure to make the naga/titan starting point clear :)

Level 9
Oh,so u mean if i pick murloc as my first unit i can transform into a bandit which makes everyone including the runners my enemies so i can rob em and convert back into a murloc whenever i want to? or what?

Level 9
I'm making it so that they start at a small island,then they need to purchase a boat to wander around the island to find a free space to start building,titan/naga does not need boat and can swim through water to find them.
How about making so that if u team kill ur teammate u will turn into a bandit?

Level 6
make it work like an escape map. where nagas and titans roams the land and starts building towers everywhere while the escapees can either just hide until backup comes or fight to escape(by also making towers) or look for "dangerous" escape areas where it's almost only possible to go into if you have really great teamwork or alot of units to tank/kill the monsters inside.

They get to choose, either escapees, nagas or titans.

Nagas rules the waters/shores(they can only make towers in water). and has 1 or 2 flying units(coatl and another one, just search in hive for a model). their strongest unit is the Kraken(forgotten one model with tentacles). They can also disrupt the weather by making it rain or cause the water to move fast or be higher(have a high tide). They are strong on water(since that's the only areas where they can build towers and have advantage since they can attack while on water) and fairly normal on land. Nagas can have a high upkeep which is an advantage but upkeeps needs to be near a food source(example, a fish pond or an area with alot of fish) to keep up with the fast production of units. They can also eat one of their kind(the slaves) so that they can have a stable food source(maybe slaves costs 1 food, killing them gives 2). But the max food limit is 100.

titans(all are golems) rules the lands. they have siege units which moves two times faster than their normal units and attacks faster but has a little less damage than the titans(if maybe a metal titan's attack damage is 100, the siege tanks damage is only 55). They don't have flying units but they have Earth manipulation skills where they can summon golems, rock pillars, holes, or cause disturbance in any area in the map. They move really slow but their damage is devastating. They are also great tanks. And since their sizes are so big and their siege units demands alot of materials, they only have a low upkeep unlike in nagas where they can just make spawning grounds or something. It can be increased but a big land is needed for titans to be able to gather alot of "rocks" and "Metals". they have really big dig sites that needs big lands(ofc). They only normally have a max food limit of 30(1 unit only costs 1 food).

Well, humans have towers made from sticks(poison throwing tower, sharp stake towers, burning stake towers) and traps(like holes with water that makes iron golems slow down more and lose health per second because they rust, or holes with mud that makes all types of titans gets stucked in there forever but only traps 1 titan at a time. And no they don't multiply, they get more units by attracting animals or making constructs(i mean they build like a statue and animals gets attracted to that statue so they join the humans or they make wooden or rocky(made from earth) constructs that are enchanted so they become strong like bears or wolves). That's about it.

I'll add more, just pm me.

Hmm, make altars where when you go near them they revive your allies. but altars only works once. they get destroyed when it gets used. Or add revival altars which are very long to make(2 minutes?) and only resurrects one ally.

custom spell = yes. music = not much, it'll greatly increase mapsize.

Level 9
Apparently now,i'm making different choices of builders,but they all build the same basic stuffs like shelter as lumber harvesting building,sandbags as wall,cherries as food supply,attack towers as treehouse(need captives inside)<-- Captives are workers,then research for spells,etc will be different.
There are bases where u can build alone or build with someone,there are a few bases like 2-3 that are connected.

So far i've only done a runner called Assasin

Basic skill:panic
Custom skill:Fake<--- Blinks to a position for 3 seconds then blink back to its original position.

Level 3
yeah and some voyagers could have profession like advantages. Like a better at wood works, one great at tracking/hunting for food, other is better at combat but don't build well. an engineer or architech could do better builds but not so effective at other functions and so on.

Okay NAGA! :)

Hero => Naga Myrmidon
Primary Attribute => Agility
Stats => 36 str (+2), 46 agi (+1.75), 33 int (+2.25)
Armor => 9 hero
Model => Jigrael's Naga Incursor
Attack Damage =>
Attack Cooldown => 1.89 secs
Movement Speed => 320
Mana => 750 (+2 per second)
Health => 9000 (+2 second)

Hero =>Naga Brute
Primary Attribute =>Strength
Stats => 50 str (+3.20), 29 agi (+1.50), 36 int (+1.30)
Armor => 10 hero
Model => Naga Royal Guard
Attack Damage =>
Attack Cooldown => 2.05 secs
Movement Speed => 320
Mana => 500 (+1 per second)
Health => 10000 (+3 per second)

Hero => Naga Sea Wizard (witch is female while wizard is male)
Primary Attribute => Inteligence
Stats => 37 str (+1), 36 agi (+1), 42 (+3)
Armor => 5 Hero
Model => Misha's Naga Sorceror
Attack Damage =>
Attack Cooldown => 2.28 seconds
Movement Speed => 320
Mana => 1000 (+3 per second)
Health => 8000 (+1 per second)

Alternate Heroes
Heroes who focus on one stats but reduced 5 on all attributes
Shelled Naga=> Armor
Naga Deepstalker => Speed
Naga Sorceror => Mana

Hero => Shelled Naga
Primary Attribute => Strength
Stats => 38 str (+3.20), 27 agi (+1.50), 30 int (+1.50)
Armor => 20 hero
Model => Misha's HighWarLord Najentus
Attack Damage =>
Attack Cooldown => => 2.05 seconds
Movement Speed => 320
Mana => 5000 (+1 per second)
Health => 20000 (+3.25 per second)

Hero => Naga Deepstalker
Primary Attribute => Agility
Stats => 33 str (+1.50), 45 agi (+2.40), 27 int (+2.10)
Armor => 10 hero
Model => Misha's Deepseastalker
Attack Damage =>
Attack Cooldown => 1.00 second
Movement Speed => 320
Mana => 9000 (+2 per second)
Health => 8000 (+2 per second)

Hero => Naga Enchanter
Primary Attribute => Intelligence
Stats => 30 str (+2), 28 agi (+1), 42 int (+3.40)
Armor => 10 hero
Model => Misha's Naga Enchantress
Attack Damage =>
Attack Cooldown => 2.02 second
Movement Speed => 320
Mana => 20000 (+5 per second)
Health => 10000 (+1 per second)

BTW, this was use in an underwater tag map of mine :)
I'll post the skills soon :)
I think they are not balanced :c
Credits is must, copyrights from me :3

Status
Not open for further replies.