• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Horror Villain Map goal ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Its me again.

I've been working on a map for a long while now. The basic idea is you play as different Horror Villains and Monsters (like Jason, Freddy, etc. Some of you may have seen a few posts in the past about this map).

I've been constantly changing the goal of this map for quite some time, and I'm still not happy with it, so I've come here (again) for ideas on what I should make it into.

The main things I want to say is that it must have PvP action of some kind. It could be a Hero Survival, a Tag, or anything; as long as PvP is included somehow.

I need something that really makes you feel like you're a horror-antagonist as well, if possible.

The map is currently up to four players, with either all four as villains, or two as villains and two as humans/protagonists.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should do with this, I'd be very grateful.

Level 21
What have you tried so far?
Basic tag/survival has been there since the days of kodo tag, you fear that's too bland nowadays?

Level 11
What have you tried so far?
Basic tag/survival has been there since the days of kodo tag, you fear that's too bland nowadays?
First I tried a form of hero-arena (you'd hunt down helpless villagers and fight each other). But it wasn't very interesting.

Then I tried a Dota-type (also involving protagonists such as Ripley) but it didn't fit with the map-style.

Now I'm on a RPG sort of thing, in which you have to destroy an Angel in a city after levelling up in the haunted forests. However, it just feels... wrong for some reason. There's also hardly any PvP.

Level 21
I can relate, since i'm working on something on and off for quite some time now - gaining and losing interest, sometimes thinking i should try a completely new direction. It's a problem with being too open to new ideas and maybe the lack of someone who keeps you on track. Then again you might be able to redirect yourself.

Anyhow, i payed some attention to horror/survival games like Evolve, Dead by Daylight - which get away with putting 4 survivors against 1 very strong antagonist.
Evolve put the beast under pressure to destroy a power node to win (more like an arena).
Dead by Daylight is more about hide and seek (tag), but also some pvp on both sides.

You could also think about something like a siege mode (from unreal tournament) where the survivors or the beast, or both, would have to complete a set of different objectives. Left for dead is like that too (especially in pvp).
And the Alien franchise comes to mind, with the evolution of larva - facehugger - alien. This could involve different genres and shift/mix them even.

Too many ideas, i'd go for the siege type out of interest, but it might be the most work.

Level 11
I can relate, since i'm working on something on and off for quite some time now - gaining and losing interest, sometimes thinking i should try a completely new direction. It's a problem with being too open to new ideas and maybe the lack of someone who keeps you on track. Then again you might be able to redirect yourself.

Anyhow, i payed some attention to horror/survival games like Evolve, Dead by Daylight - which get away with putting 4 survivors against 1 very strong antagonist.
Evolve put the beast under pressure to destroy a power node to win (more like an arena).
Dead by Daylight is more about hide and seek (tag), but also some pvp on both sides.

You could also think about something like a siege mode (from unreal tournament) where the survivors or the beast, or both, would have to complete a set of different objectives. Left for dead is like that too (especially in pvp).
And the Alien franchise comes to mind, with the evolution of larva - facehugger - alien. This could involve different genres and shift/mix them even.

Too many ideas, i'd go for the siege type out of interest, but it might be the most work.
Hmm, never thought of anything of that sort... but it sounds interesting. I think I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the idea. Maybe one day I'll post the map on HIVE...

Status
Not open for further replies.