• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Life of a Peasant] Life of a Peasant - Horror Edition?

Level 11
This might sound kind of silly, and I'm sure LoaP is kind of overdone at this point, but it's just something I'm interested in trying, though I'm not entirely sure how to go about it.

The idea is basically LoaP, but instead of playing as ordinary people, you play as vicious killers and monsters from fiction. Maybe you could spend time killing Campers in the forest or take your chances with the city? Fighting other players would also be a thing.

I've always been interested in developing a map where you play as killers from fiction (I've posted a few things regarding this here before) but I think this could potentially be something if I can just get a solid idea.

Any ideas are welcome. Is the goal just mindless slashing and fun, or should there be an actual winning goal? How would something like this work? If PvP is included, what's stopping it from just becoming an Arena? How can the spirit of LoaP and Horror be merged together?

I'll be experimenting with the map for a while and taking any comments into account.

Level 14
That might be interesting for some, but not others.

For instance Slashers wouldn't be able to disguise, but certain Aliens could and Spirits and Demons could maybe possess people to act like them.

Unless Slashers are supposed to sew their own clothing and live in the wildernesses through eating people, I can hardly see them not shopping for clothing periodically (except for supernatural slashers which hunts you in your dreams or other similar slashers that does not follows the laws of reality).
And if they do have to go shopping, I guess they can not go in the shop waving around their knife and with their mask and have to use regular clothing.
Although you might have chosen to only keep supernatural slashers (like Jason) in which case, it is logical that they can not disguise.

Level 14
I wonder what players will be able to do outside of killing each other and killing the peasants.
Will there be creepy stuff to explore?
Loot to find?
A day night cycle which impacts how full the streets are to make so that you can kill stuff stealthily in the town easier the night than the day?
A way to highjack cars to pursue people then leave the car to stab them because it is the proper way to kill people?