• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City goes to 2.4.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
UNVEILING THE NEW MAJOR SUNKEN CITY UPDATE
HiveArticleSunkenCity.png

Version 2.4.1 for Sunken City is out and it brings an immense amount of changes to the already legendary map. This version has been in development since August of 2017, which makes it the biggest update ever made for Sunken City. Spasmaster has once again outdone himself, the new changes are more than exciting!

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditionalT1.png

The primary goal for this version was to improve the design of each hero by providing new customisation paths for the players via changes to the kits of the heroes and their talents, while also adding 2 new talents.

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditional1.png

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditional2.png

New Warlock and Tinker Talents

Every single hero has received some a degree of changes to their abilities, while with some heroes new spells and tools got introduced. Additionally, heroes like the Warlock and the Warrior got a visual update with new top-quality models created by Tauer The biggest update of all is the one for the Necromancer hero, who got a complete rework, including an amazing new model specifically created for Sunken City by Proxy and Nightmare! Big thanks to them!

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditionalT2.png

New shop items got implemented while many others have received changes or improvements. The ESC Stats Menu got updated with two new stats for the players to choose from. The 'Mastery' and 'Pet Damage' stats got introduced, allowing many heroes additional customisation options they didn't have before.

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditional3.png

The 'Mastery' and 'Pet Damage' stats are now available to be increased in the stats menu

These changes, combined with the changes to hero kits were all done with the intent of providing more build flexibility for the player, making each playthrough more interesting.

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditionalT3.png

During the development of all the above mentioned features, many other changes sneaked in, such as:
  • Glyph changes
  • System improvements
  • Changes to several boss fights
  • New droppable items got added to the loot tables
  • Bugfixes
  • And even more - see the full list of changes in the Latest Changelog.

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditionalT4.png

Many hours of work went into this version and we hope everyone will enjoy this update! Special thanks to my fellow testers from the Discord server who spent many hours themselves to help me bring this version to life.

You can download the version below and if you wish to play with us you can join our Discord server where all Sunken City players gather together and organize games. See you there!

HiveArticleSunkenCityAdditional4.png

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Well it depends, really. For some people it's the different build paths and the different heroes they can play that give them the sense of replayability. If that's what keeps you going, then yes - a lot has been done. If it's the map structure or the lore, these are things that rarely change and are the same with each run. So if it's lore and environment that would spike your interest, then I am afraid there isn't that many new things.

At any rate, replayability is something I am always having in mind when working on the map, so if you haven't played for awhile, then you will find some new things that would surprise you, I hope. :)

Level 30
Well I'll give it another go these days then - it is a very polished project that I'm glad for having it highlighted.
Keep the good work up - it's extremely refreshing to see a well-functioning dungeon crawler these days, that isn't skewed in terms of balance or originality!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

When you thought this day can't be better, this comes in sight. :D I hardly soloed the city with the Warlock. Is purely awesome.

Level 4
Hey, downloaded the map and gave it a shot solo. Not really that into it, I did play it for about 2-3 hours and got bored mostly of my repetitive class. Also there's a ton of overwhelming secrets, like the volcano at the start, I finally visited the other side with no hints or tips as to what that dude is doing there or wants, or when I'll need to interact with him. And the water at the fountain at the start, it makes me feel like there's more fires I could've put out before doing the continuation?? The one, I think level 4 or 6 dungeon with a tree blocking the way to an xp scroll and hp scroll (I think it was) do I need a tree cutting ability, do I need to be a class that can blink? etc.

To keep a long story short I'll just leave my suggestions:
- Since each class has like 4 spells, allow a player to reroll to another class with a cooldown period, this will entice me a bit more to carry on from my 2-3 hour run.
- Lots more hints and tips to what to do at which point in time, especially when you die, "you died because you need x to stop trap y" for example.
- This is most probably not an issue with multiplayer, but as solo, can't items port to the safe when you drop it on the map, or have a backpack "spell" that ports it there? My map is littered with items, because I can't carry anymore and you gave the option to transmute them to better items so I don't want to sell.
- There's some good lore, but as far as I can tell, most/none of the bosses have lore? I might be wrong on that one.
- Cooldown on investigate should be reduced to like 1 second, quite annoying to investigate half an inch too short of where you need to and then have to wait for the cooldown to finish.
- Can't it be made that if you select your backpack and move, your hero will also move? Since your backpack has the investigate skill, this will be quite nice to have.
- Agility reads that it caps your bonus attack speed at 100%, is this also the case for pure attack speed bonus or just agility?

My rating for it will be a 3/5 for now.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Hey, downloaded the map and gave it a shot solo. Not really that into it, I did play it for about 2-3 hours and got bored mostly of my repetitive class. Also there's a ton of overwhelming secrets, like the volcano at the start, I finally visited the other side with no hints or tips as to what that dude is doing there or wants, or when I'll need to interact with him. And the water at the fountain at the start, it makes me feel like there's more fires I could've put out before doing the continuation?? The one, I think level 4 or 6 dungeon with a tree blocking the way to an xp scroll and hp scroll (I think it was) do I need a tree cutting ability, do I need to be a class that can blink? etc.

To keep a long story short I'll just leave my suggestions:
- Since each class has like 4 spells, allow a player to reroll to another class with a cooldown period, this will entice me a bit more to carry on from my 2-3 hour run.
- Lots more hints and tips to what to do at which point in time, especially when you die, "you died because you need x to stop trap y" for example.
- This is most probably not an issue with multiplayer, but as solo, can't items port to the safe when you drop it on the map, or have a backpack "spell" that ports it there? My map is littered with items, because I can't carry anymore and you gave the option to transmute them to better items so I don't want to sell.
- There's some good lore, but as far as I can tell, most/none of the bosses have lore? I might be wrong on that one.
- Cooldown on investigate should be reduced to like 1 second, quite annoying to investigate half an inch too short of where you need to and then have to wait for the cooldown to finish.
- Can't it be made that if you select your backpack and move, your hero will also move? Since your backpack has the investigate skill, this will be quite nice to have.
- Agility reads that it caps your bonus attack speed at 100%, is this also the case for pure attack speed bonus or just agility?

My rating for it will be a 3/5 for now.
If you don't feel that thrill of joy when you play Sunken City then something's wrong. Weird that you would give it a 3/5. That dungeon crawling map deserves more than 5/5.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hey, downloaded the map and gave it a shot solo. Not really that into it, I did play it for about 2-3 hours and got bored mostly of my repetitive class.
Well each class has multiple build-paths and playstyles and then you have 21 of these heroes. I am not sure how much you managed to get into the build of the hero and which one you played specifically, but regardless, there is plenty of diversity in that regard.
Also there's a ton of overwhelming secrets, like the volcano at the start, I finally visited the other side with no hints or tips as to what that dude is doing there or wants, or when I'll need to interact with him.
He's actually an Easter Egg. Not a secret, not someone you have an interaction with.
And the water at the fountain at the start, it makes me feel like there's more fires I could've put out before doing the continuation??
Which fires did you feel like extinguishing and to what end?
he one, I think level 4 or 6 dungeon with a tree blocking the way to an xp scroll and hp scroll (I think it was) do I need a tree cutting ability, do I need to be a class that can blink? etc.
Well, it's a puzzle that you can figure out. You might not have found the answer yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't an answer somewhere. :p
You say that from the point of view of a single player. Unfortunately the game is designed and meant to be played with a team of 2-3 players. Additionally, the whole game session is designed to have you plan out, dedicate yourself and invest into a build. Having the option to change heroes contradicts both of these design philosophies.
It will be taken in consideration.
I can understand that in solo you might have to run a bit back and forth to the portals to the Enchantress Area, but the issue is literally non-existent in multiplayer, where 3 heroes and their backpacks can carry the items to the 'base'.
Just Agility.

P.S: I am willing to continue discussing the map in its comment section - here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.