• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summary of TCO Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I wrote a little story about The Chosen Ones. It tells about the dragons, humans, and the first war and what happened after that. What do you think?

PART 1 - Prologue

Xyrzious was the one who created the world of Oelivert.
In the age when the legend was reality, the dragons dominated all.
Their unlimited power flood from the creator to the other dragons.
But as Xyrzious died the ultimate powers were no longer.
There were no more the balance, the justice and the domination.
This made the dragons weaker but also greedier.
The abuse of the dragons' powers created dozens of new intelligent races.
But this also was the beginning of their downfall...

PART 2 - Between chapter 3-4

...As if they were gods, the dragons ruled over all living creatures and used them as slaves.
The enslaved were meant to make dragons' lives easier.
However, the enslaved suffered a terrible domination and injustice.
As time passed by, their anger grew into a flame.
Finally, hatred against the dragons blew throughout the lands.
Spreading the flame, to a blazing fire.
The result was the death of a dragon, Xanothin.
It was the first time when a dragon was killed...

PART 3 - Between chapter 6-7

...When the humans killed their first dragon their bravery grew stronger.
The bravery inspired not only people, but also many other races to take up arms.
The different races joined together for the first time in history.
By building their own settlements and weapons to protect themselves against their creators.
Thus began the first war, the war against the creators.
It was a harsh war, both sides suffered countless injuries and fatalities.
Four hundred years later, the humans and the other races earned their future. The future of Oelivert.
The age of humans had begun...

PART 4 - Between chapter 8-9

...The meaning of "The Last Hunt" was to kill the race of dragons enterily.
It was a success, or so the humans thought. But they were wrong.
The dragons managed to hide themselves. Thus, many of them still exist planning their revenge.
For last 12 years they have been observing Oelivert for their chance.
To once again rise to domination and take up their original role...

PART 5 - Between chapter 10-11

...After countless aeons from Xyrzious' death, the dragons still are the most powerful beings in Oelivert.
Their power to transform to other beings is still a superior weapon against any other race.
And the knowledge of theirs' is a never-ending cycle that is unbroken.
Soon they shall once again shake the basic pillars of Oelivert when they rise again.
This unavoidable rising is about to come, the humans and the other races cannot avoid it...

PART 6 - Interlude

...Now, shall the short peace finally end. The dragons had raised again from beneath the ground.
Their anger towards the humans and other races is unmatched.
The second war is about to begin. But this time, the war will be more destructive than ever before.
The Oelivert shall be scorched by the dragon fire and became ashen.
As always, the last war had taught them to fight more destructively.
The dragons won't let each other down anymore. They will help when their comrades are in danger.
They are not the only ones who have learned from the last war.
Also the humans and other races are more arranged than ever before.
Even if the shock that dragon still exist is incredible, they will regroup their forces quickly and effectively.
The second war will be more destructive than any that has been seen in Oelivert ever before.

Last edited:
Level 8
Good interlude and explanation of the main facts of TCO. But one thing is quite unclear for me (i'm just stupid, i suppose): You wrote
The abuse of the dragons' powers created dozens of new intelligence races.
Did you mean "intelligent"? because you used the noun. But when you intended to say something about their skills, then maybe that would have helped you:

The abuse of the dragons' powers created dozens of new intelligence-oriented races.
(just one of my really bad 10 seconds-thinking skills).

The rest is fine.

Level 37
Yea I was talking about humans, orcs, trolls, etc, etc. There are 101 this type of races. All the races can talk and communicate. Okay I will add your suggestion.

It's now: "The abuse of the dragons' powers created dozens of new intelligence-oriented races." instead of "The abuse of the dragons' powers created dozens of new intelligence races. "

=> I will perhaps create a cinematic about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.