• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I'm not sure where to put this..but.

So far I like the game. Its very inovative, and shows fully what the warcraft editor can really do when great hands get ahold of it. I havent played past the wood gathering, but so far....

+
-I love the game style. Its fun, and excellent quality.
-I love how you took warcraft, and made it seem like an entirely new game.
-I like the over all material.
-ORIGINAL!!! YAY!!!
-Very nice cinematics.
-I love the stuff on the characters (like the hat, and teh hook on Lirch's nose)

-
-The movement and cameras are kind of choppy, and slightly annoying. Especially when trying to move around.
-The sound files are kinda wierd....
-Just an over all lag to the flow.

-
-The movement and cameras are kind of choppy, and slightly annoying. Especially when trying to move around.
Well it's only because it's the only system that would actually work inside a house. A follow camera system would go through the walls, etc.
-The sound files are kinda wierd....
But they're better than nothing, right?
-Just an over all lag to the flow.
._.

Level 35
A lag to the flow = its kind of klinky. Try and smooth out some of the cameras, mabye make the house bigger and roomier. And a technique I learned when making RPG maps, is to make the units small, and make the map like a world map.

Essentially, if you make your units scaled smaller than "1" you have more room to see, and more room to give the camera some space to breath.

As for the movement...its only choppy in the sense of "difficulty to click" and move to a different room. Its like Monkey Island movement in the house..And I love IT!!..but its not as smooth as I am used to.

The sound files are pretty good...Also brought back Monkey Island memories. The only problem is they have a little bit of feed back, and softening it might help with that.

Other than that...so far I rate it a 8-10 for game mechanics (I havent tested it fully) 8/10 for material and 10/10 for originality.

Btw, about the spell, i will try to deliver you as soon as i can.
I feel i am not being as professional to you as i should .. sry for that.

Bonus: You will be able to choose two methods of implementation. (2 triggers or 1 trigger).

Professionalism or no professionalism, I don't mind. As long as the spell works I'm good.

Frankly I wasn't even expecting half the stuff you're doing at the moment.

A lag to the flow = its kind of klinky. Try and smooth out some of the cameras, mabye make the house bigger and roomier. And a technique I learned when making RPG maps, is to make the units small, and make the map like a world map.

Essentially, if you make your units scaled smaller than "1" you have more room to see, and more room to give the camera some space to breath.
Well it's a bit late for that now... the cameras and cinematics are all ready and so going and shrinking everything would look weird.

That and smaller stuff gives you less room. Nudging doesn't work as well, and destructables are made worse by their "snap to grid" feature.

As for the movement...its only choppy in the sense of "difficulty to click" and move to a different room. Its like Monkey Island movement in the house..And I love IT!!..but its not as smooth as I am used to.
Never played monkey island, but if it's good then thanks. But yeah, even though it may be hard to click at times, it works very well, and in the end that's what matters.

The sound files are pretty good...Also brought back Monkey Island memories. The only problem is they have a little bit of feed back, and softening it might help with that.
Yeah I know. Hopefully I'll be getting a better microphone for christmas, but I won't be redoing (for the third time) all of the voice acting. It's tedious enough as it is.

Well, about the Evil aura, I think you could ask wulf to create an icon with two dragon faces (the suggestion i gave but some1 deleted it). The two dragons would be looking each other in the eyes, like a challenge. It's pretty much the Age of Myths (titans) image or the Warcraft II b.net edition image.

And the aura, well, i think you could use the "dual aura" (already suggested by some1 i think) name.

It's up to you now ...

... And i thought you were forced to write at least a minimum of 15 characters ...

Anyway, since you don't like it, i have another suggestion for the icon: the could could be the face of a dragon, divided into two parts. The right side of the face symbolizes one set of auras, the lest side symbolizes the other.
About the name, i haven't see mech's post yet, but what do you think of "unpredictable Aura" ?

... And i thought you were forced to write at least a minimum of 15 characters ...
I made some extra text the same color as the background.

Anyway, since you don't like it, i have another suggestion for the icon: the could could be the face of a dragon, divided into two parts. The right side of the face symbolizes one set of auras, the lest side symbolizes the other.
About the name, i haven't see mech's post yet, but what do you think of "unpredictable Aura" ?
Mind Mastery sounds better. It doesn't have to have "Aura" at the end of its name, you know.

And I was mainly going to use this as an icon, seeing as it matches nicely with the actual aura model.

icons_210_btn.jpg

Although it has the correct borders and stuff.

Yeah yeah calm down.

• Can the on/off spell have two icons? Or is it just one spell which you use a boolean for?
  • Can the aura actually on the hero change? Like one way it has one model, and the other way it has a different aura model?
  • Those effects on allies get REALLY bright and annoying, but I know how to change those to something more... desirable.

Very good though, I liked it a lot.

Mmmm

Can the on/off spell have two icons? Or is it just one spell which you use a boolean for?

Well, i can do that, but i will have to change all the code ... it will be like starting it nearly all over again.
In the code i made, the spell can only use 1 icon, i didn't know you were planning to use 2, so i made the spell to work only with 1.

Can the aura actually on the hero change? Like one way it has one model, and the other way it has a different aura model?

Ya sure. Just change the aura models in the object editor.
Example:
1 - In book1 attack aura has no model and armour aura has model A
2 - In book2 attack aura has model B and armour aura has no model

You can also use this system with the buffs. If you don't like seeing the units with 2 buffs, just remove them from the auras. Although i created the spell to exist with multiple buffs, but it still will work.
It is also done in the object editor

Those effects on allies get REALLY bright and annoying, but I know how to change those to something more... desirable.

LOOL, well, what can i say, i liked them =). They exist only for testing purposes, it is easier for me to know when a unit has the effect of a specific aura.
Still, you can change them as you like lol.
They just seem funny in peon wars lol.

Very good though, I liked it a lot.

Phew, ya thx. It's really good to know.
Still, let me know if you want any changes.

Well, i can do that, but i will have to change all the code ... it will be like starting it nearly all over again.
In the code i made, the spell can only use 1 icon, i didn't know you were planning to use 2, so i made the spell to work only with 1.

Huh. I always thought you were going to use two; one to turn on and one to turn off. It'd be easier for the tooltips that way: "Gives +1 armor to nearby friendly units and -5% damage from nearby enemies. Click to give -1 armor to nearby enemies and +5% damage to nearby allies."

Although I wouldn't think the whole system to be re-written. Just change the boolean or whatever into detecting which ability was cast.

A new icon will need a new ability and a new ability will force me to create 1 extra trigger for events conditions and so on...

I will have to remake all the system from the start. Although i may agree it will be easier for the tool tips it will force me to embrace the creation of a new system.
Also, if you only have one icon for the ability, why create another one !?

Anyway, if you want with two abilities i will see what i can do, and i will change the code as soon as i can. Just give me more time.

Mmmm, ok.
Great auras, i was planning using some of them in my map as well =). But i see you found them too.
Anyway, i have already started to remake the system. I can't tell you how much time it will take, as i have just started to edit the spell and it is to soon to make predictions.

I already have the icons imported and the auras as well. The abilities are now created and i will eventually change their tool tips later, after knowing that the code works properly.

Btw the way, chilling aura has a bug that makes it unable to visualize properly in game, so i think you mean mana aura when you refer to blue aura.
The skulls are also great ... i think you should leave them, remember that Flirch is the bad guy so skulls around him would make sense.

Anyway, i will let you know more details sooner. I just need more time with the new code.

Btw the way, chilling aura has a bug that makes it unable to visualize properly in game, so i think you mean mana aura when you refer to blue aura.
Not the snowflake one, the round circular one.

The skulls are also great ... i think you should leave them, remember that Flirch is the bad guy so skulls around him would make sense.

I think they just get in the way.

Take your time.

Py I've testing your new version recently and I've been focusing my attention in the second map.

Although I am happy to see great improvements over all, I still have a suggestion to do.

Lirch (Py's brother I think, the green dude) has a spell called dirt Bomb.

Well, first, I don't understand why The green dude doesn't have an ultimate - all his powers are level 1.
And about this spell - it is a little archaic for what you can do. There is no effect over all this spell.

I suggest something more like my GasBomb:
When the green dude launches the mud bomb, it causes (missing the word) something and there is mud over that area. Just like when a bomb explodes.

Well, you could add a mud cloud to the area, and all units who enter that mud could will get blinded. This would, in my fair opinion, be a better version of the current mud spell.

I'll give you the link, for you to have a better idea.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/1324/

Also about the passive ability the green dude has, I still find it archaic as well ... you could create a passive ability with triggers you know. I may think of some suggestion to replace that.

I don't know if I'll be posting more stuff by now as I have work to do, but i may eventually say something depending on the time I have.

Still, throwing mud into the eyes wouldn't affect various units but one. Besides my system is an OT sys (over time system), this means every X seconds it will select Y units around an area and give them a Z buff selected by me.

Although I still think that particular spell could be greatly improved, if you don't want an OT sys, you better choose another another system, although I think my suggestion would be awesome for that hero.

About the passive ability, what about something connected to Hero stats ??

Level 12
I just played it, the first mission was rather enjoyable, i enjoyed the creative gameplay instead of fighting but as for the second I got pretty frustrated in the woods and at the city and just had to navigate on the minimap instead. However the mining thing made me want to mine more and more even though I already had a gem, great job!

The city looks great anyway, I think it would look more magical with white fog going on, did you try?

Nevertheless, I had fun.

And oh, as for the lightning bolt of pyritie I suggest you change the cosmetic effects. The bolt looks too mild to be the sort to cause a fire and stun a target. Make it look like the chain lightning kind of lightning, have you ever seen dota's zeus' lightning bolt?

img5533zeus1337450x360ee4.jpg

I believe it creates a dummy that flies over the target unit at a height that is high to the top of the screen and using a model of "tree of life upgrade" so it cannot be seen and forcing the dummy to attack the target unit.

Of course, this unit will have a 100% bash for the stun effect and lightning attack like chimeras.

Level 8
Make a dummy fly up above the point and give it Lightning Attack so a more zappy lightning bolt appears.

Ofc, you'd need to make sure that the dummy didn't attack anyone else. Why don't you just use a non-bouncing chain lightning?

But wait... you're not using that, so that ideas in the garbage XD.

Level 3
No that's not it. But somewhere I heard you can only use copyrighted music in mulitimedia for anything if it's educational. Everything else is bad. That's why I'm asking because these guys didn't pay for the CD and they're getting it. So until I know what's going on I'll pass on downloading.

On the Flipside though, I think you are a great creator, and I wish you all the luck for the future of your campaign making! (and art) :)

Last edited:
No that's not it. But somewhere I heard you can only use copyrighted music in mulitimedia for anything if it's educational. Everything else is bad. That's why I'm asking because these guys didn't pay for the CD and they're getting it. So until I know what's going on I'll pass on downloading.

Yes, all of the music in the campaign was bought. Not by me; by my parents.

And if you're really all that worried about it, you can always turn off music via the Sound options menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.