• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
or i could just delete the old one and send the message here instead cause it was a little edit.

Edit: i found a thing you might want to change...
When Pyritie and Lirch comes back to the house in the begging of chapter 2 they don't have their hats on that they had in the end of chapter 1. I think that they should dissapear when you are to go to Dragonlitermorticae.

That was the thing

No no no you don't understand. They only hoarded gold for the same reason crows like shiny things. Gold is shiny, thus they took it.

They only "stole" cows because the humans had killed off most of the other animals the dragons could feed on, so all that was left was the cows and sheep.

Besides. The dragons in my campaign are far more civilized.

Level 8
Aren't jobs required in a society? I think Py wanted them to be sentient, quadrupedal beings that are capable of forming communities. I.E. what humanity would have turned out to be if we had all been born with wings and scales.

And, in a community, isn't it necessary for jobs? Service industry might not be needed, but it would be efficient to have "jobs" in the production and manufacturing industries!

So, they might share some human characteristics, but in the end, its actually sentient characteristics.

Which reminds me, your characters should be doing something when you first meet them.

As in, the red dragon. When you meet her, she's just hanging around for no reason.
Maybe you could meet her while she's doing some research, or some experiment, or maybe even sleeping.

Same for the king. ALSO, you don't just go meet a king whenever you want. Maybe make a small quest to get a hearing.

The red dragon could be mixing potions (depends on whether she's the kind of person to do that) and there's an accident (explosive or not).
A slight cliche, but if used correctly it can be decently funny.

In something like Wc3, animations aren't always necessary to represent an action. Words and dialogue usually do the job.

Level 8
This is an extension of something I originally posted in the bug forum (I think it was before this one opened). The trees get in the way when you are going to dragonlitermorticai or whatever the heck it is called :). I found this system on wc3campaigns that makes trees fade as you approach them. I copied the site link thing http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=85952 and I think that is it. If it is not, it is worth looking for.

The red dragon could be mixing potions (depends on whether she's the kind of person to do that) and there's an accident (explosive or not).
A slight cliche, but if used correctly it can be decently funny.

In something like Wc3, animations aren't always necessary to represent an action. Words and dialogue usually do the job.

Find me a model of a rack of potions or something then.

Modo said:
This is an extension of something I originally posted in the bug forum (I think it was before this one opened). The trees get in the way when you are going to dragonlitermorticai or whatever the heck it is called :). I found this system on wc3campaigns that makes trees fade as you approach them. I copied the site link thing http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=85952 and I think that is it. If it is not, it is worth looking for.

If you read the description of the system, the trees don't fade in the way you'd think they would. It actually uses custom animations for the trees, and the animation fades the tree.

If I'd want to make it work for the high-res trees I'm using, I'd have to either make the trees units and fade them via triggers, or transfer the custom animations the trees in that system use.

Level 19
I played the first map long time ago. It was quite nice but I have to say that the level design was boring because I could only move to one direction almost felt like some mario game. After I got to the city I got stuck when I was supposed to find a path somewhere. And the bonus arena place was really strange. If the game had several ways to approach a problem it would be a lot more interesting. Like a quest that can be solved in two different ways. It could be also cool if the player could decide with his actions that would the dragons become evil or good.

Well .... I will only say a few things as i don't have time to post everything as i would like to.
From the beginning.

Level 1:
The movie is very good. And you obviously dedicated much of your time in such a map. You know the "start in great" expression and you used it greatly to have an enormous impact on people. Congratulations. However.... in the start there is no voices ... your map has parts in which dragons talk and in which they don't ... you should fix this, by making dragons talk in all parts or by making them not talk (well, the music part is an exception, as voices would ruin the ambiance, but you should fix the rest).
Also, in the start the dragons appear with 2 funny hats that suddenly disappear .... why ?? And, when the game starts, the dragon has no yellow/green glow under him (and he has on the next maps/scenes).
Your attack/armor icons are also VERY messed up ... they are all wrong ... you used a 64 pixels icon to represent an armour when you should use a 48 pixel icon.
I know about icons, i can fix that for you, with your permission, if you want.
In alternative, you can also, read my icons tutorial, and become an iconing master =).
The narrative is actually good. The dragon finds the artifact while searching for wood ... But you should make it easier to find the cave ... i took 30 mins to find that dam thing lol ...
However i disagree in one part of the story: Your narrative has a tremendous amount of human psychology and behavior, which is cut down into pieces suddenly when the dragon father orders his son (pyrite) to go the city before killing any1. A human family would have never allowed both his children to go alone into a dangerous crusade (you can say that they are not humans, they are dragons, but if that is so, why did you offered your characters so many human components ??).
You should create a link or an excuse so that the family could allow the children to join the crusade. The artifact is just not enough as no human being would have ever put his children's life at stake because of a material good.

The cinematics are all excellent (well, you need to fix that voice thing, but without the voice they are 10/10).
You made a good selection of music and image.

However i disagree with the dragon's voices. Pyrite should have a more soft voice (children maybe) as well as his brother - the models suggest young dragons, and therefore they shouldn't have adult voices.

It would also be good to fix that piano crash if possible ... Also, the piano has not all keys lol ... but that is ok.

More coming up tomorrow, about level 2 and 3.

EDIT

Still about lv 1.

Well, you obiously want yourmao to have a 3d envoriment, therefor i suggest the using of a "key system", using arrows to move and so on. Using a key system is not difficult, and if you understand JASS You can find a good system in the Blizzard's race map.

Also, Please add a camera option. Many people (like me) get dizzy and sick very easy when playing 3D games ... Warcraft was not made to be a 3D game, but still you managed to do so... Many people like me will eventually not play your game, because they don't support 3D as good as you may do.

Please consider those people and add a camera option which allows people to choose between 2D, 3D and other camera options you may prefer.
I get really dizzy ....

More coming up soon.

Last edited:
However.... in the start there is no voices ... your map has parts in which dragons talk and in which they don't ... you should fix this, by making dragons talk in all parts or by making them not talk (well, the music part is an exception, as voices would ruin the ambiance, but you should fix the rest).
The voice acting is not finished in some parts. That is why.
Also, in the start the dragons appear with 2 funny hats that suddenly disappear .... why ?? And, when the game starts, the dragon has no yellow/green glow under him (and he has on the next maps/scenes).
Because they are kids, so they get hats :3 and the glowy stuff looks weird when it's halfway through the floor. And it also takes away from the cinematics.
Your attack/armor icons are also VERY messed up ... they are all wrong ... you used a 64 pixels icon to represent an armour when you should use a 48 pixel icon.
You obviously know nothing about what a WORK IN PROGRESS is.
I know about icons, i can fix that for you, with your permission, if you want.
In alternative, you can also, read my icons tutorial, and become an iconing master =).
I won second place in an icon competition here, beat by one vote. I think I know how to make good icons ;P
The narrative is actually good. The dragon finds the artifact while searching for wood ... But you should make it easier to find the cave ... i took 30 mins to find that dam thing lol ...
Well that's your fault :p
However i disagree in one part of the story: Your narrative has a tremendous amount of human psychology and behavior, which is cut down into pieces suddenly when the dragon father orders his son (pyrite) to go the city before killing any1. A human family would have never allowed both his children to go alone into a dangerous crusade (you can say that they are not humans, they are dragons, but if that is so, why did you offered your characters so many human components ??).
Because the mom talked the dad into it. Like she says, "Pyritie has the artifact. Don't forget that."

However i disagree with the dragon's voices. Pyrite should have a more soft voice (children maybe) as well as his brother - the models suggest young dragons, and therefore they shouldn't have adult voices.
I do the voice for Pyritie. I'm 16. Also, Donut3.5 is animating new models I made. These once are just temporary.

It would also be good to fix that piano crash if possible ... Also, the piano has not all keys lol ... but that is ok.
Will fix it when I'm not lazy. If it had all the keys they would be very hard to click. And then I'd need to record more sounds, etc... it wouldn't work.
Well, you obiously want yourmao to have a 3d envoriment, therefor i suggest the using of a "key system", using arrows to move and so on. Using a key system is not difficult, and if you understand JASS You can find a good system in the Blizzard's race map.
Yes, keep going onto the second map. That has arrow key control.

Also, Please add a camera option. Many people (like me) get dizzy and sick very easy when playing 3D games ... Warcraft was not made to be a 3D game, but still you managed to do so... Many people like me will eventually not play your game, because they don't support 3D as good as you may do.
You're the first person I've heard of who gets sick from 3D games. I highly doubt people would get dizzy unless the ground is spiraling really fast :p

Keep playing on :D

Well ...

Pyritie said:
The voice acting is not finished in some parts. That is why.
That's ok.

Pyritie said:
Because they are kids, so they get hats :3 and the glowy stuff looks weird when it's halfway through the floor. And it also takes away from the cinematics.
So you just make them grow up super fast into a matter of scenes !? bah ... that has no sense ... Also, the hero glow colors don't look weird in Warcraft Camp cinematics.

Pyritie said:
You obviously know nothing about what a WORK IN PROGRESS is.
It is obviously YOU who know nothing about a work in progress. I am ALSO making my own map, and i will not tolerate stupid childish comments like this one from some 16 year old boy.
Also, my job here is to find your mistakes, and that is what i am doing, either do you like it or not.

Pyritie said:
I won second place in an icon competition here, beat by one vote. I think I know how to make good icons ;P
First of all there is no icon prize. So it would be impossible for me to know that you you were 2nd classified in some icon contest.
I am also NOT TELLING THAT YOU ARE A NOOB at icons making. I found an error common in newbie maps, and i just offered my help to solve it. If you don't accept my help that is ok, but keep in mind, my intention was never to insult or diminish you.

PS: You also have great images in devian arts ... except for those dragons =P, they look like Pyritie =P

Pyritie said:
Well that's your fault :p
Well, can't blame me, no1 is perfect lol. =)

Pyritie said:
Because the mom talked the dad into it. Like she says, "Pyritie has the artifact. Don't forget that."
You probably skipped this comment:
Flame_Phoenix said:
You should create a link or an excuse so that the family could allow the children to join the crusade. The artifact is just not enough as no human being would have ever put his children's life at stake because of a material good.

Pyritie said:
I do the voice for Pyritie. I'm 16. Also, Donut3.5 is animating new models I made. These once are just temporary.
Then you probably know that with 16 years old your voice is changing to adult. Besides it only takes 2 more years before law sees you as one. What can i say - enjoy the time while you have =).
As for Donut3.5, well, i am anxious to see the new models and animations =D.I don't know much about models, but if you need a ghostly model from an already existing warcraft unit, you just tell me and I'll do it =).

Pyritie said:
Will fix it when I'm not lazy. If it had all the keys they would be very hard to click. And then I'd need to record more sounds, etc... it wouldn't work.
Well, i agree that a real piano has 2 many keys and sounds. But i think that fixing the bug would be good.
I would also like to see the piano keys in the correct order (lol, i play piano! =P, i didn't pay much attention to the key model's but i think it was not in the correct order, not sure).

Pyritie said:
Yes, keep going onto the second map. That has arrow key control.

Mmmmm strange... i actually tried to use the up, down, left and right keys and nothing happened.... I was forced to use the mouse ...

Pyritie said:
You're the first person I've heard of who gets sick from 3D games. I highly doubt people would get dizzy unless the ground is spiraling really fast :p
First person!? LOL, well you should read the epileptic attack warning that comes with every game. Also, When using the dam mouse in scenario 2 it is very easy to get sick.
Still, you should add a camera option, as it only increase the quality of your map. Besides there are more people like me that don't like 3D environments in warcraft .... I was so happy when i reached level 3 lol ...

I already saw all levels, but i am evaluating level 2 now.

You should also:
1 - Use images for the maps in each scenario for the loading screen.
You can also use the Blizzard's Campaign method and use a custom image that tells the player a part of what is goin to happen, what happened or that is happening.
2 - Most of your spells are not new. You should replace old warcraft spells with new custom spells.

More comming up soon.

So you just make them grow up super fast into a matter of scenes !? bah ... that has no sense ... Also, the hero glow colors don't look weird in Warcraft Camp cinematics.
To be honest, wc3's regular campaigns suck. They're sooo boring and tedious.

It is obviously YOU who know nothing about a work in progress. I am ALSO making my own map, and i will not tolerate stupid childish comments like this one from some 16 year old boy.
Also, my job here is to find your mistakes, and that is what i am doing, either do you like it or not.
Okay, okay, stop flaming. I'm just saying that those icons are just temporary. I'm probably just going to set them back to the defaults, but I'm not sure. But I'll convert them into the correct size and add the right borders if I decide to use them.

First of all there is no icon prize. So it would be impossible for me to know that you you were 2nd classified in some icon contest.
I am also NOT TELLING THAT YOU ARE A NOOB at icons making. I found an error common in newbie maps, and i just offered my help to solve it. If you don't accept my help that is ok, but keep in mind, my intention was never to insult or diminish you.
Okay, okay, calm down. If you want to offer your services as an iconist, go ahead and make a new thread in the jobs subforum.

PS: You also have great images in devian arts ... except for those dragons =P, they look like Pyritie =P
Well, yes, they are Pyritie. And the other things are mainly just fractals. They're pretty easy to make, and don't take that much time. And those dragons on there are mainly just quick sketches.

You probably skipped this comment:
It's not just a material good, it's THE artifact! IT'S EPIC.

Then you probably know that with 16 years old your voice is changing to adult. Besides it only takes 2 more years before law sees you as one. What can i say - enjoy the time while you have =).
I know, I know. But I want to do Pyritie's voice. And my voice never really broke, actually. It just changed pitch gradually over time.

As for Donut3.5, well, i am anxious to see the new models and animations =D.I don't know much about models, but if you need a ghostly model from an already existing warcraft unit, you just tell me and I'll do it =).
I have a thread in the modeling WIP forum about the model, if you're interested.

Well, i agree that a real piano has 2 many keys and sounds. But i think that fixing the bug would be good.
Yes, DSG told me a good solution. Maybe I'll fix it today when I get home.

I would also like to see the piano keys in the correct order (lol, i play piano! =P, i didn't pay much attention to the key model's but i think it was not in the correct order, not sure).
They are in the correct order, don't worry. I play(ed) piano too.

Mmmmm strange... i actually tried to use the up, down, left and right keys and nothing happened.... I was forced to use the mouse ...
You sure you were on the second map?

First person!? LOL, well you should read the epileptic attack warning that comes with every game. Also, When using the dam mouse in scenario 2 it is very easy to get sick.
That's just there for legal purposes, to avoid lawsuits.

Still, you should add a camera option, as it only increase the quality of your map. Besides there are more people like me that don't like 3D environments in warcraft
If I make the camera from above all you'd see is trees. It's a very thick forest.

1 - Use images for the maps in each scenario for the loading screen. You can also use the Blizzard's Campaign method and use a custom image that tells the player a part of what is goin to happen, what happened or that is happening.
Yes, it's just that whenever I import something the map's loading screen gets reset back to the default, so I'm not bothering with it every single time.

2 - Most of your spells are not new. You should replace old warcraft spells with new custom spells.
The mana tide, thunderstorm, and the air spells are all custom and/or triggered. The other heroes in the game have lots of other spells too.

Pyritie said:
To be honest, wc3's regular campaigns suck. They're sooo boring and tedious.
Well, I was not commenting the campaign, i was commenting the cinematics. Warcraft 3 camp cinematics are as good as yours and perhaps you should learn something with them. My comment is that in camp cinematics, the hero glow, does not look weird, thus i see no reason for eliminating the glow in your map.

Pyrite said:
Okay, okay, stop flaming. I'm just saying that those icons are just temporary. I'm probably just going to set them back to the defaults, but I'm not sure. But I'll convert them into the correct size and add the right borders if I decide to use them.
and
Pyritie said:
Okay, okay, calm down. If you want to offer your services as an iconist, go ahead and make a new thread in the jobs subforum.

Apologies accepted. I am not much of an icon maker, i am more of an icon manager. I don't mind converting you icons to the correct format or to make minor changes i them (because i believe you are a better icon designer then me).

Pyrirtie said:
Well, yes, they are Pyritie. And the other things are mainly just fractals. They're pretty easy to make, and don't take that much time. And those dragons on there are mainly just quick sketches.

Mmmm fractal ... easy to make !? I never did one of those things ... neither am i good at drawing pictures ( I actually am a little bad at drawing so lol), but it seems that you were born to make pictures =). Good luck with that.

Pyritie said:
It's not just a material good, it's THE artifact! IT'S EPIC.
Mmmmm, would you let your son (imagine that you are a father) go into a dangerous crusade, with an EPIC weapon that he can barely use ?? Alone ??? He would most probably kill himself. He doesn't even controls the weapon correctly (see the lightning and the fire that originated the father's comment "go away b4 you kill some1").

Pyrities said:
I know, I know. But I want to do Pyritie's voice. And my voice never really broke, actually. It just changed pitch gradually over time.
Well, if you want the dragon to have your voice, i respect it. However i advice you the usage of sound programs in order to increase the sound's quality. There are also several affects you can add to make your voice a lot better. Consider it.

Pyritie said:
I have a thread in the modeling WIP forum about the model, if you're interested.
Mmmm, i may give it a look.

Pyritie said:
You sure you were on the second map?
Argghhh yes i was. In the second map Pyritie and his brother meet 2 dragon laddies and they enter the portal to find more about the artifact.
I played all that dam map with the mouse... you can't imagine how horrible it was...

Pyritie said:
That's just there for legal purposes, to avoid lawsuits.
and
Pyritie said:
If I make the camera from above all you'd see is trees. It's a very thick forest.
I really think that an option to choose a 2D camera would be a good improvement to your map. But if you can't you have one solution:
1 - Make the forest larger.... (lol)
On the other hand your can (and should) add 2D maps in order to get a healthy variation. If you campaign contains both cameras, it is sure to attract more people.

Pyritie said:
Yes, it's just that whenever I import something the map's loading screen gets reset back to the default, so I'm not bothering with it every single time.
Mmm, it is OK, as long as you remember to add it in the release version.

Pyritie said:
The mana tide, thunderstorm, and the air spells are all custom and/or triggered. The other heroes in the game have lots of other spells too.
Ya, but lots of them are not custom .... You should at least make sure that each hero has a minimum of two custom spells...

Well, I was not commenting the campaign, i was commenting the cinematics. Warcraft 3 camp cinematics are as good as yours and perhaps you should learn something with them. My comment is that in camp cinematics, the hero glow, does not look weird, thus i see no reason for eliminating the glow in your map.
Yes, but they are more zoomed out. Besides, it's a minor detail. I may even just get rid of the glow altogether in the second map, and only add it when the camera is overhead.

Apologies accepted. I am not much of an icon maker, i am more of an icon manager. I don't mind converting you icons to the correct format or to make minor changes i them (because i believe you are a better icon designer then me).
Okay ^.=.^

Mmmmm, would you let your son (imagine that you are a father) go into a dangerous crusade, with an EPIC weapon that he can barely use ?? Alone ??? He would most probably kill himself. He doesn't even controls the weapon correctly (see the lightning and the fire that originated the father's comment "go away b4 you kill some1").
Well, the campaign would be a lot more boring if they could never leave their house, right?

Well, if you want the dragon to have your voice, i respect it. However i advice you the usage of sound programs in order to increase the sound's quality. There are also several affects you can add to make your voice a lot better. Consider it.
Meh, it's fine as is. Besides, it's hard to find younger voice actors nowadays.

Argghhh yes i was. In the second map Pyritie and his brother meet 2 dragon laddies and they enter the portal to find more about the artifact.
I played all that dam map with the mouse... you can't imagine how horrible it was...
:p

I really think that an option to choose a 2D camera would be a good improvement to your map. But if you can't you have one solution:
1 - Make the forest larger.... (lol)
On the other hand your can (and should) add 2D maps in order to get a healthy variation. If you campaign contains both cameras, it is sure to attract more people.
Well seeing as wc3 IS a 3d game, most likely it will stay as is. The camera system was hard enough to set up, so I probably won't be changing it any more.

Ya, but lots of them are not custom .... You should at least make sure that each hero has a minimum of two custom spells...
Lirch will get two (a charge spell that I removed from the second map due to issues with the knockback system and the camera system, and an ultimate), and Pyritie, by the end he has completed the artifact, will have 15 spells in total, 13 of which are custom. Besides, as awesome as a spell is that grabs your enemies, throws them into the air, the caster slams the ground, nearby allies are healed, enemies gain a -2 armor reduction and a movement speed decrease... people like simple spells as well.

Pyritie said:
Yes, but they are more zoomed out. Besides, it's a minor detail. I may even just get rid of the glow altogether in the second map, and only add it when the camera is overhead.

Well, there scenes where they are more zoomed out and scenes where they more zoomed in.
Minor detail or not, truth is that if you have a chance to reach perfection, why not take ?? There is nothing to loose.

Pyritie said:
Well, the campaign would be a lot more boring if they could never leave their house, right?
I am not objecting against the adventure. I just say that your narrative needs to be improved in that specific point. As i said, you should add some other excuse or condition. In the "Return of the Mumy" for egxample, there is also a kid with a super-artifact, and the producers managed to give the kid his own adventure.
But i also believe you want more original ideas.
Since you are a teenager, you should take that in account. You could make Pyritie run from his parents in order to seek for adventure (his innocence will lastly teach him a great lesson), for example, or you could add a condition that forces him to go alone, or that forces his parents to stay. Lastly you can always do the "hero that goes to an adventure to save his world/home, because he has no other choice (and this title is very long lol)" script.
Anyway, as it is your campaign, i will probably leave this to your consideration. You just need to improve that part a little bit.

Pyritie said:
Meh, it's fine as is. Besides, it's hard to find younger voice actors nowadays.
Actually it is not that hard. nowadays, Young voices are not performed by young actors, but yes by very experienced actors who can manipulate sound. Later their voices are changed with recording and sound programs ...
Something i still think you should try.

Pyritie said:
Lirch will get two (a charge spell that I removed from the second map due to issues with the knockback system and the camera system, and an ultimate), and Pyritie, by the end he has completed the artifact, will have 15 spells in total, 13 of which are custom. Besides, as awesome as a spell is that grabs your enemies, throws them into the air, the caster slams the ground, nearby allies are healed, enemies gain a -2 armor reduction and a movement speed decrease... people like simple spells as well.
Well, people are not interested in warcraft old spells. people will in fact like a simple spell, but only if it is new. All new spells, don't need to be super powerful. Just need to be original.

PS, i also wonder until how long this thread will be lol.

Well, there scenes where they are more zoomed out and scenes where they more zoomed in.
Minor detail or not, truth is that if you have a chance to reach perfection, why not take ?? There is nothing to loose.
Glow just make the units look funny. It's only really necessary if they need to stand out from other units (taking in the account that they're also like twice as large D: ).

I am not objecting against the adventure. I just say that your narrative needs to be improved in that specific point. As i said, you should add some other excuse or condition. In the "Return of the Mumy" for egxample, there is also a kid with a super-artifact, and the producers managed to give the kid his own adventure.
But i also believe you want more original ideas.
Since you are a teenager, you should take that in account. You could make Pyritie run from his parents in order to seek for adventure (his innocence will lastly teach him a great lesson), for example, or you could add a condition that forces him to go alone, or that forces his parents to stay. Lastly you can always do the "hero that goes to an adventure to save his world/home, because he has no other choice (and this title is very long lol)" script.
Anyway, as it is your campaign, i will probably leave this to your consideration. You just need to improve that part a little bit.
I know, I'm not very good at stuff like that. Scripting is hard when all you have is speech; there's no body language. Makes it quite difficult, especially for someone who's never wrote a script before.

Actually it is not that hard. nowadays, Young voices are not performed by young actors, but yes by very experienced actors who can manipulate sound. Later their voices are changed with recording and sound programs ...
Something i still think you should try.
I just don't wanna have to go and re-record EVERYTHING all over again.

Well, people are not interested in warcraft old spells. people will in fact like a simple spell, but only if it is new. All new spells, don't need to be super powerful. Just need to be original.
Pyritie's chain lightning actually increases in damage as it jumps; too bad he hardly ever encounters huge hordes of units.

PS, i also wonder until how long this thread will be lol.
Not as long as that spam thread in the something else forum called "_".

Pyritie said:
Glow just make the units look funny. It's only really necessary if they need to stand out from other units (taking in the account that they're also like twice as large D: ).
Heroes in Warcraft have glow. Because your heroes belong to warcraft they should also have. Besides, it is good for eye candy. As i said before, what do you have to loose ?

Pyritie said:
I know, I'm not very good at stuff like that. Scripting is hard when all you have is speech; there's no body language. Makes it quite difficult, especially for someone who's never wrote a script before.
Well, there is a first time for everything (except for those guys with 40 years old that never made sex, but that is not important for now). I also agree with the fact of being hard due the inexistence of body language ... Still speech is a powerful, weapon, if you go to Arinel's Tail project, you can learn something from them (their story is a warcraft movie).
Also, if you've never wrote a script before, i don't mind helping you. Just make sure the next ideas you have are linked like a web.

Pyritie said:
I just don't wanna have to go and re-record EVERYTHING all over again.
I am not telling for you to start all over again. I am just saying that you can improve greatly the sound quality of you next talks in the movie.

Pyritie said:
Pyritie's chain lightning actually increases in damage as it jumps; too bad he hardly ever encounters huge hordes of units.
That doesn't count as new ... Dota has it and so do many maps. It is one of the easiest spells ever. People find a spell interesting when it is either spectacular or black boxed (a black box is something you don't know how to do)

Pyritie said:
Not as long as that spam thread in the something else forum called "_".
Where is that thread ???

Heroes in Warcraft have glow. Because your heroes belong to warcraft they should also have. Besides, it is good for eye candy. As i said before, what do you have to loose ?
It's LOSE, not loose. Besides, I don't have to make this all wc3-ish. I'm trying to push the boundaries here. My plan is to make each map more awesome than the previous.

Well, there is a first time for everything (except for those guys with 40 years old that never made sex, but that is not important for now). I also agree with the fact of being hard due the inexistence of body language ... Still speech is a powerful, weapon, if you go to Arinel's Tail project, you can learn something from them (their story is a warcraft movie).
Also, if you've never wrote a script before, i don't mind helping you. Just make sure the next ideas you have are linked like a web.
You can help, sure. Go make a thread in the jobs forum then.

I am not telling for you to start all over again. I am just saying that you can improve greatly the sound quality of you next talks in the movie.
But then it will be inconsistent and people would be like "omg wtf Pyritie's voice changed D:"

That doesn't count as new ... Dota has it and so do many maps. It is one of the easiest spells ever. People find a spell interesting when it is either spectacular or black boxed (a black box is something you don't know how to do)
Meh, all the custom script and stuff is a pain to transfer between maps and stuff... I generally just think it's fine the way it is. If you can find some good simple spells that are MUI and aren't full of bugs, then by all means send me a PM with a link or something.

Where is that thread ???

"something else" subforum. It's at the bottom of the forum index page.

Pyritie said:
It's LOSE, not loose. Besides, I don't have to make this all wc3-ish. I'm trying to push the boundaries here. My plan is to make each map more awesome than the previous.
MMm well, who would've known ... loose = relax and lose = to lose something lol ...
An unexpected mistake =p
Also if your plan is to make each map better then the precious one, then you have a long journey ahead you, as your first map is great. Also, if you are trying to push the boundaries, give the glow to your units will only help you.

Pyritie said:
You can help, sure. Go make a thread in the jobs forum then.
Mmmm, so i can in deed give you some help with that .... but i need to know what you have in mind ...

Pyritie said:
But then it will be inconsistent and people would be like "omg wtf Pyritie's voice changed D:"
MMmmm, then you have 3 choices:
1 - Let the voices like they are, and not improving them
2 - re-record most voices in order to make them better
3 - change GRADUALLY the voice quality, so that in the last map it has a better set of quality.

You can always choose the easiest option (option 1) but keep in mind that it will decrease you map's quality.

Pyritie said:
Meh, all the custom script and stuff is a pain to transfer between maps and stuff... I generally just think it's fine the way it is. If you can find some good simple spells that are MUI and aren't full of bugs, then by all means send me a PM with a link or something.
Good works and jobs are always a pain to who creates them ... that why they have so much value ...
You have the chance of making your campaign, the ultimate campaign, but that will still take a lot of work.... I can help you transfer some of the codes if you want... or i can create some good spells, with simple implementation if you may prefer.

Pyritie said:
"something else" subforum. It's at the bottom of the forum index page.
mmmmm just can't find it lol... can you give me a link ?

Status
Not open for further replies.