• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMm well, who would've known ... loose = relax and lose = to lose something lol ...
An unexpected mistake =p
Also if your plan is to make each map better then the precious one, then you have a long journey ahead you, as your first map is great. Also, if you are trying to push the boundaries, give the glow to your units will only help you.
I still don't see how a glow would help.

Mmmm, so i can in deed give you some help with that .... but i need to know what you have in mind ...
Okay I'll PM you with the basic storyline so far. But keep it hush hush.

MMmmm, then you have 3 choices:
1 - Let the voices like they are, and not improving them
2 - re-record most voices in order to make them better
3 - change GRADUALLY the voice quality, so that in the last map it has a better set of quality.

You can always choose the easiest option (option 1) but keep in mind that it will decrease you map's quality.
But I like showing my campaign to people at school and they're like "hey that's your voice!" or something. And I still just think that manipulating the voices would just sound weird.

Good works and jobs are always a pain to who creates them ... that why they have so much value ...
You have the chance of making your campaign, the ultimate campaign, but that will still take a lot of work.... I can help you transfer some of the codes if you want... or i can create some good spells, with simple implementation if you may prefer.
Okay, see if you can create some replacements for the breath of fire and blizzard spells. Or a good ultimate for Lirch. If you look around in that "General Feedback" thread you can find some info about what spells they have and/or still need.

mmmmm just can't find it lol... can you give me a link ?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32401

Pyritie said:
I still don't see how a glow would help.
It is for "eye candy". Eye candy's always help as they give more life to where they are.

Pyritie said:
Okay I'll PM you with the basic storyline so far. But keep it hush hush.
and
Pyritie said:
Okay, see if you can create some replacements for the breath of fire and blizzard spells. Or a good ultimate for Lirch. If you look around in that "General Feedback" thread you can find some info about what spells they have and/or still need.
Mmmm, what is "hush hush" ??? Also, I will see what can do I have a lot to do in real life.

Pyritie said:
But I like showing my campaign to people at school and they're like "hey that's your voice!" or something. And I still just think that manipulating the voices would just sound weird.
Lol, manipulating voice is a great idea and it would only increase you campaign's quality.Besides i am not suggesting you to change your voice radically, i am suggesting you the use of such programs to fix the "stream values" or increase the smooth. You voice will be there, and people will recognize it as well.
You see, all microphones don't record our voice "exactly" is it is. That is why studios use programs like SoundForge, or others to make it sound better. Actually all singers use such programs in studios, dispiting the quality of the sound recording system they may use.

PS Mmmm blarg, 254 pages is not that much for a spam thread :p

Mmmm, what is "hush hush" ??? Also, I will see what can do I have a lot to do in real life.
I.e. keep it secret :3

Lol, manipulating voice is a great idea and it would only increase you campaign's quality.Besides i am not suggesting you to change your voice radically, i am suggesting you the use of such programs to fix the "stream values" or increase the smooth. You voice will be there, and people will recognize it as well.
You see, all microphones don't record our voice "exactly" is it is. That is why studios use programs like SoundForge, or others to make it sound better. Actually all singers use such programs in studios, dispiting the quality of the sound recording system they may use.
Meh, I'll give it a try.

Mmmm blarg, 254 pages is not that much for a spam thread :p
It's the longest thread we have here.

Mmmmm well, i have a suggestion. Maybe we didn't pay the correct attention to the message.
I think maybe you should make the message bigger, or give it some attribute that makes people read it and note that it exists.

You could add a black screen at the first 5 or 6 seconds, in which you play the message.

I have that system in my map, it works =).

Well, duh ... people are not blind ... it is actually your fault !!!
Let me explain, Your campaign is so different and so extreme that people just want to play it, people are so marvelled with it, that it becomes difficult to read every little thing.
It actually a good sign .. it means that you are doing a good job.

... Right.

Same for the king. ALSO, you don't just go meet a king whenever you want. Maybe make a small quest to get a hearing.

~ Added.

As in, the red dragon. When you meet her, she's just hanging around for no reason.
Maybe you could meet her while she's doing some research, or some experiment, or maybe even sleeping.

Will add something to that effect soon.

Pyritie...what is the latest version of this map? I would like to check it out.

You have to be an official beta tester in order to get the latest version.

Some people aren't responding or doing anything who are on the beta team. If you want to join it'd be good having a few more people I know are active. Just tell me and I'll PM cosmicat and give him a few days. If he doesn't respond then I'll kick him.

Oh, and I suggest everyone to click the "Subscribe to this forum" link at the top of the forum index here. (Or click here if you're a lazy ass :p ) That way you'll have easy access from your CP.

Sure I would love to be a beta tester.

And I will see about subscribing.

Afterall...I wonder what all the hooplah is over. Ironic...I still remember the old map from the 4share site.

Subscribing doesn't mean you get spammed with emails or anything. It just makes it easy to find this forum, is all. And you can unsubscribe at any time. It's only recommended.

And okay, I'll send cosmicat a PM.

Kaitech[SanD];382517 said:
Are you getting replacements for those little dragons which spin in circles, and look EXACTLY like the ones from WoW?

That's because those ARE the ones from WoW. And yes, I modeled some new ones; Donut3.5 is currently working on animating them. I still need to make skins for Pirch and Scorch though.

[rainbow]
URGENT!
[/rainbow]
I need a new voice actor for Lirch! You must be able to act very overdramatic. And not giggle about it while you're saying it. (Of course you can rofl all you want afterwards)

Meh, it was just a suggestion .. you seem to have this huge project in your hands that i thought he could help you a little.

Btw, when i said maps, i really meant maps, like w3, old maps showing some key locations with tracks and all that stuff.

You only have 1 image rit !? it's the lost temple lol =)
The castle is also very nice, i don't think you should ignore it on your loading screen.

Nah, maps wouldn't really fit.

Actually I'm thinking of using that picture of the temple as the main menu background and instead using screenshots of the terrain taken from various angles and then when it is done loading and the player clicks a key to continue then it fades away, still with the terrain. Much like that monolith map.

Oh, and can a global mod move these posts to somewhere in my forum? We're getting off-topic here.

Level 8
When is the next version of your map coming out? You said this weekend last week and still nothing.

I could do voice acting, but i dont have the appropriate software. I would need to speak into my mp3 player and export the sound then send it to you for refinement. My voice may also be too deep.

Mmm, i to make that image in the main menu, it would need to be 3D. Now that would be great and professional.
Also, i think that maps would fit, because with them you can tell a little of the story to people like what happened, is happening, or will happen. I don't know Monolith very well, but still you should consider my suggestion.

And yes, this is definitively out-topic.

If you delete you message and move it to the suggestions box, i will do the same with mine.
I think its better this way as we'll be helping the global mods.

I'll just move these messages. I'm a forum mod here you know. (I got DSG to move them out of Wulf's dragon icons thread)

Bleh, I've already been working on that picture so long. I don't want to give it up.

And no maps. People before (for incredibly early versions of this campaign) said that the loading screens were giving it all away. I think it's best to not put any info at all except maybe the map's title.

And monolith is some map Blizzard made that came with TFT.

I am not telling you to give up. Just make the image 3D that's all.

Also, if you don't like loading screens (it is a fact they improve the quality of any map), try to use the method that darky used on his campaign. he uses a super cool image for all his loading screens telling 2-4 lines of story. It is a great method. Although Darkyy's campaign is bugged like hell, and de spiting the fact that you can NOT play level 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, i believe it is still a great project and that we could learn something from it.

Hi, well i don't know if this post should be in the current-progress section, but still i will post it here.

I have good news Pyritie. I solved the "bug". The beta code (ver1.1) is now finally complete.
It took me an hour to fix it, but i did it !! lol. Well, now i will just add a few comments (to help people understand the code better). After adding the comments i shall post the code in THW JASS section and ask for an opinion from the pros. I believe my code is clean but we never know.
Anyway, i intent to do this by tomorrow night.

After an evaluation period of 1-2 days (depends on comments. If there is no comments, then it means my code is ok, and i move to next next stage. Else, i will improve it the best i can. ), as i was saying after a period of 1-2 days of evaluation i will fuse the 2 triggers into one mass trigger with a number of lines >= to 150, and i will finally disable the spell books ( the spell books are NOT disabled in aplha and beta[1.1] version due testing issues), make a mini-tutorial explaining how to implement it and create a very own map to it.
This last stage will be completed Saturday or Sunday (depending on your needs, if you need the map fast i will cut some of the shores i've planned and deliver it to you faster).

To conclude the code will probably be ready Saturday on Sunday, and it will be version 1.2 or 1.3 depending on the updates.

I think i am NOT forgetting anything, so this will be all for now.

Lol, i try to be the best in what i do, thx for noting =). Well, the implementation is not that hard in my opinion:
1- create a global variable called hero
2- create 2 spell books with 5 levels
3- create 4 aura abilities with 5 levels
4- copy and paste my code
5- replace the rawcodes, make sure the trigger name is the same and delete the comments (if you want, but i don't advise)

At least this is what i am trying to do with the code. I believe this will be the implementation method in the last version.

Hi, well i moved on into the second stage of my code. Now you can see my code in the JASS help forum. Many professionals are every day seeing codes there and i believe mine will be evaluated sooner or later.

Now i will wait until Friday or Saturday, and after that i will move on to the next stage of the program.

Also, can you give me the model of Lirch ?? I want to put him in my map for the spells section. I think it would be nice.

ARRGHH ! Firch the bad guy yes. Well, then give me the model of green Firch plz.
Also, i would like to know the other abilities Firch is going to have.

This is my plan for the map:
* It will have Evil Aura
* It will be like a mini-game scenario from the campaign.
* the hero will have all other abilities, but they will not work.
* The only ability which will work is Evil aura. If the player wants to know more abilities he/she will have to download the campaign =)

Also, Werewulf is a girl ... LOL 100% off-topic, just got very surprised.

Anyway, have a look on the forum to see the triggers (ver 1.1)

EDIT

Also you can relax the spell will be given to you before all this map stuff is complete. I will just deliver you a simple map with the spell working. I don't think you want the tutorial so i will rush things for you a little bit.

ARRGHH ! Firch the bad guy yes. Well, then give me the model of green Firch plz.
Again, just use the ingame dragon model, and tint it a bit darker.

Also, i would like to know the other abilities Firch is going to have.
Look in the Spell Brainstorming thread. First post has everything you need.

Also you can relax the spell will be given to you before all this map stuff is complete. I will just deliver you a simple map with the spell working. I don't think you want the tutorial so i will rush things for you a little bit.
Okay good.

And Lirch is green. It's Firch that's... blue?

EDIT: Waaaaaiiit... They're both green?

>.=.>

<.=.<

*shifty eyes*

Yes, although Lirch is a bright green whereas Firch is dark green.

Also, Elenai has joined the team! Chronos has been kicked for not responding to anything, and he hasn't been online since he made that post.

Also SuPa had a great idea. (He told me it in the chatroom)

Basically when you get to the top of each mountain in DoA there will be a boss of some sort. That was his idea. This, however, gave me the inspiration for a great idea: the boss will have the ability that that artifact fragment will give. So the first boss will have the Gust of Wind ability and so on. It will not be in a cinematic; this will be player controlled. And the elemental's version of the spell is more powerful than the regular version so you better watch out!

Also I came up with the idea that the elemental bosses (and all the elementals in general) came from the artifact fragments. So when Py spots the first fragment it sort of comes alive and summons the boss. I was thinking that as the artifact becomes more complete it begins to take over Pyritie's mind.

Sounds cool, huh?

First, i already suggested the boss idea ... however his boss idea is in deed more advanced.

About the artifact, you want to make the campaign Lord of the Rings style ? Anyone who gets the artifact gets possessed ??

I don't think that is much original. If you want to cause a change in Py, than i think Py should change because he feels like the God he is not. It's like when the power you have goes to the top of your brain and starts making bad stuff to it, it's like an overflow of power.

In the end Py could learn a lesson the artifact tought him, a lesson about power friendship and bla bla very disney style (lol)... Although i disagree with making things a fairy tail, i think that the campaign, as a story it is, should give people a message.

About the artifact, you want to make the campaign Lord of the Rings style ? Anyone who gets the artifact gets possessed ??
I never watched or read lord of the rings. So I didn't know that.

I don't think that is much original. If you want to cause a change in Py, than i think Py should change because he feels like the God he is not. It's like when the power you have goes to the top of your brain and starts making bad stuff to it, it's like an overflow of power.
Either that or he starts being extremely bipolar. One minute he's acting like he's invincible the next minute he's crying out to scorch for help.

In the end Py could learn a lesson the artifact tought him, a lesson about power friendship and bla bla very disney style (lol)... Although i disagree with making things a fairy tail, i think that the campaign, as a story it is, should give people a message.
You're right. That would be very disney-like.

But let's just say this campaign doesn't exactly have a... happy ending. I think I already told you what happens in our PMs.

I never watched or read lord of the rings. So I didn't know that.

Shame on you lol... You should watch some trailers in youtube, they can give you an over all view of the epic.

Either that or he starts being extremely bipolar. One minute he's acting like he's invincible the next minute he's crying out to scorch for help.

mmm, that is a disease... a brain dysfunction ... don't know if that is such a great idea. ( I can't say the of the disease in English, but i know it exists. )

You're right. That would be very disney-like.

But let's just say this campaign doesn't exactly have a... happy ending. I think I already told you what happens in our PMs.

Meh, you rit, my fault lol.

I will deliver the final version of the spell to Py. I hope he gets a good time playing with it. I will do this soon today.
If he has any problems, pleaese let me know.

Wrong-thread posts deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, Bad news.I spent all morning today making the final version of the spell. However, when i had all done, in the very final last test, i found a bug. Right when i was preparing to post the map here.... some people may call it bad luck .. i don't know...

This time the bug is because of the disable "call" .It just doesn't work in level one, and i don't know why... I spent all morning trying to fix it but i was unable to do so.
Crap ...
I don't know if i will be able to deliver the map today as i planned. Sry ... I will try to fix the bug and deliver it maybe tomorrow...

I just hope i can fix this bug ... in the very final stage .. dam...

Also, thx for deleting the post for me... it was my intention to do that alone lol.

Level 12
I suggest that you make Scorch tell Pyritie and Lirch that the portal to the Dimension of Air is in the Forest outside of town because i dont think many people know where to look.

Also the River Elemental created by the artifact is named River Elemental, but in the time it has left it stand Water Elemental.

And the food quest... You dont get enough money from Dirch, its missing 5 dilaur. I suggest you give another 50 dilaur or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.