• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions

suggestions-png.248668

Here you can post your own thoughts and suggestions on the map's future development.

Planned features so far:

• New multiboard display modes for each tab, to show things like the estimated economical/military/scientific strength of each player, their government type and leader name, their council affiliation, etc.
  • A new type of dimensional rift, which opens up to a daemonic world. The demons will offer the first player they come across to abandon his empire and become their champion. The champion gets a new hero unit who can summon new portals using resources he gets by sacrificing the population of cities he captures.
  • When unleashing the zombie virus, players will get the chance of upgrading a "zombie overlord" tech which grants them control over all zombies on the map at the cost of losing all your regular units. Only one player can become the zombie overlord, and it requires that at least 40 zombies of your strain are active on the map.

Last edited:
Level 11
After Ai gets reworked, I was thinking that you could make it so that ai takes over leaving players. To keep the balance in case someone leaves.

Last edited:
@Clanzion, i used to have that in earlier version, but it didn't work because A: the AI would just go full berserk on the nearest player and usually kill then without pardon, and B: it would eventually cause enough lag to desync the game. But yeah, i'll see what i can do, and maybe later i can add it in as an option.

@Paillan, true, but if i had used a map based on Peter's projection instead, people would complain that the map looked wrong... we're just too used to the Mercator projection. As for realism features, what do you have in mind?

Level 11
Suggestions:

Zombies -
  • Allow splashing corrosive damage that reduces armor by 3(?) and damages over time.
  • New Zombie Variants
Dinosaurs -
  • Add a pterodactyl to help dinos combat air.
Government/Game play -
  • An option to overthrow your government and leader; thus be able to change leader and government type.
  • In my opinion, I feel that earth scotched tactics should still work after a city is captured, that way it will be more useful in giving a decent blow to the enemy's wealth and unrest. I think this will also increase its usage.
  • An option to allow observers after defeat.
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA

Last edited:
Level 19
Is there any form of terrorist organizations sprouting out of nowhere? Or maybe similar to revolutionaries overthrowing the government.
Sorry if there is already something like this in the map that I'm not aware of.

Like I've said before if you could limit the usage of aircrafts by integrating fuel as mana. It could be more realistic in that sense.
I don't like aircrafts attacking in North America and coming all the way from China or something like that. Also that's why I also wanted to suggest adding aircraft carriers in naval combat so that aircrafts can also refuel and repair without going back to airbase again. Aircraft carriers are the face of any naval fleet, and it clearly shows the power of a country so that is also a reason aside from being realistic.

Level 11
I seconded apcrabnightlive's sentiments. I still feel that even with the recent nerfs of jets, they are still as prevalent as always. Being able to repair aircraft afar would be a nice addition.

I guess the main reason is that there is a category of chemical warfare in the research tab which i wanted to add stuff to. The other reason is that flamethrowers are obsolete in modern warfare, while chemical warfare is not (although it's banned by international law). Aren't the napalm bombs toasty enough? :grin:

BTW, pterodactyls are on my todo-list, though if i add them, they will probably be too slow to engage jet fighters (obviously) and more of a threat to helicopters.

I would really love to add these, but i don't think i can find a meaningful mechanic for a stealth fighter. Stealth bombers are pretty cheesy and irritating as it is, and wc3 detection mechanics can't properly handle multiple stealth types (so a unit which can detect aerial stealth can also detect submarines and agents, etc).

Level 2
A but a i have a other request russian doesn't have m2 infantry tank but have BMP-3 Troyka Infantry Tank and Indonesia Have A Special infantry called Army Kopassus,Navy Denjaka,Air force Paskhas please can you add it on your map?
Paskhas-TNI-AU2-wartainfo.com_.jpg
Paskhas Force

Denjaka-wartainfo.com_.jpg
Denjaka Force

kopassus-wartainfo.com_.jpg
Kopassus Force

Level 28
Oil patches activating when a sea unit is near them should be in the quest menu, I only found out about it due to a random hint.
Maybe have an upgrade that gives cities an attack.
While it's useful, the "ping nearby oil/iron" usually causes several overlapping pings on the minimap, making it hard to tell where the resources are. Maybe have the pings fire off in sequence?
A Faceless One model seems more appropriate for Cthulhu.
No Panama canal?
There are two different icons for Explosive damage: One with a fireball (on tanks for example) and one with the Magic icon (on drones). Is there a difference?
The Gas Canisters ability says it needs biological weapons to be banned to work.
In single player, used the "pass resolution" button for bioweapons, it gave messages that said I both voted for and against allowing them.

Maybe have an upgrade that gives cities an attack.

I dunno... generally, i just advocate putting turrets down to defend your borders.

In single player, used the "pass resolution" button for bioweapons, it gave messages that said I both voted for and against allowing them.

Yeah, i've seen this bug a few times but it appears to be hard to reproduce. I will give it another look.

No Panama canal?

I will see what i can do about that. Mostly it's a matter of map aesthetics vs balance, though i think a canal would be useful.

While it's useful, the "ping nearby oil/iron" usually causes several overlapping pings on the minimap, making it hard to tell where the resources are. Maybe have the pings fire off in sequence?

I am actually considering removing this feature all together since the "pan to closest resource" ability which workers have is all you need in most cases.

Oil patches activating when a sea unit is near them should be in the quest menu, I only found out about it due to a random hint.

All right, i will fix this. Lots of people seem to be struggling with this so some extra info is probably good.

The Gas Canisters ability says it needs biological weapons to be banned to work.

This is just how dependencies work in WC3 and there's nothing i can do about it. If an ability requires dependency A, B, and C, it will list all of them even if just one is missing. For this map, i use a "dependency equivalent" unit called "Biological weapons banned" which each player needs to "own" to use bio weapons. The other option is that i simply make the ability unavailable for the player (i.e. hide the ability icon), but then he will have no feedback as to why that ability just disappeared.

There are two different icons for Explosive damage: One with a fireball (on tanks for example) and one with the Magic icon (on drones). Is there a difference?

Thanks, i'll fix this. They're both supposed to be a fireball.

A Faceless One model seems more appropriate for Cthulhu.

Uhm, not really. I see how you're thinking, but a giant humanoid faceless one walking across the ocean with a club in his hand just doesn't look as imposing as the sludge tentacle monster. Besides, the flurry of black tentacles is what Cthulhu is all about.

banner.jpg

Level 28
As the "pan to nearest resource" includes sea oil, maybe make a land version for engineers and a sea version for ships?

Is construction speed supposed to be greatly reduced (as in, slow even with warpten) when the economy is stalled? I used the "cancel everything" button, but that didn't help (and even after completing the building, economy remained stalled).

Had a crash possibly caused by the last AI city being taken by zombies.

Research stations appear to boost speed by 7%, not 10 (unless 10% is with full education?).

Maybe infantry and tanks can't, but land artillery at least should be able to target ships.

Last edited:
Construction speed for all structures is actually 10,000 seconds, but progress is set through script anyway. Yes, the speed is reduced to what your economy can handle when you run out of a specific resource. Next time you get stalled, you can use the "-income" command to know how large your profit and gain is - remember that research can also cause you to stall.

The research speed boost actually just multiplies your research modifier with 1.1 (which is how real percentage works - games normally tend to use percentage points and call it percentage, which is technically incorrect). Anyway, this means that with 60% research speed, your bonus will be 0.6*1.1 = 0.66.

Thanks for the info about the crash, i will make sure to investigate this. The AI system will be completely revamped in the future, which will hopefully allow it to be used in multiplayer as well.

Allowing artillery to target ships is a pretty good idea, i don't know how realistic it is, but at least it will give players more options for fighting ships and more reason for building artillery. I might include this in the next patch. I will consider the "pan to nearest resource" option for ships as well.

Level 28
Ah, I get it now.

For some reason, the minimap shows an enormous amount of green camps all over the place (and not just on unclaimed cities), despite there being nothing there. Even in Antarctica, unless the penguins are counted as creeps for some reason.

Engineers have an annoying tendency to get stuck inside iron mines when built.

If building construction consumes oil, iron and currency, the amount drained should show up when the building is selected (as when a unit is being trained).

Battleships can't target deep sea rigs.

Given the different targeting mechanics, every unit should have its tooltips say which units it can't shoot at, not just which ones it's effective against (e.g. infantry can shoot all land units; missile troopers shoot air, buildings and vehicles but not infantry; fighters shoot tanks and buildings but not infantry; ICBMs and nukes can't shoot buildings, etc.)

I like the chemtroopers, maybe you could have an early-available flamethrower equivalent that makes zombie-infected humans stay dead.

A weird city distribution bug: Playing EU vs US (Berlusconi's in charge? No wonder the world is so crappy) and I ended up getting regular attacks coming from US troops near St Petersburg. Although one of their engineers might have been abducted and dropped off there.

Finished the game this time around, and while it didn't crash (despite the Americas swarming with zombies) it froze on exiting the score page.

Beating Cthulhu or the mothership should give something.

Give satellites a suicide ability so they can be replaced if necessary (and because orbital bombardment is fun).

Medics could really use a heal upgrade.

While the research system is well-designed, I feel using it for damage and armor upgrades slows down the game.

Speaking of which, some ideas concerning UFOs:
Have an ability (once radars or satellites are researched) to ping where the UFO is, I only shot one down because I was playing with the map revealed and saw it crossing the ocean.
Warn players when a unit gets abducted and ping the location.
Give player-built UFOs an abduction ability.
Have alien-conquered cities produce alien troops the way zombies do.

If you revamp the AI (hopefully getting them to stop filling their bases with infantry squads and making them so easy to zombify), make zombies and aliens have a basic AI as well, if only a spawn-units-at-city-and-attack-closest-enemies script (and have zombies oppose aliens).

Agents using vials can cause selectable dummy units to appear (literally named Dummy).

Cthulhu can be targeted by tridents but not regular subs.

Exploding power plants cause radiation damage, but there's nothing to mark where the radiation is coming from.

Does the radiation shielding research work against solar flares?

Some weird effects sometimes attach to units. For instance, Cthulhu once had an assault rifle as long as himself blink into view when attacking. What, being an unspeakable horror beyond time whose very sight drives men insane wasn't enough, you had to give him a gun?

More economic bugs: Had a bug where building construction and upgrading was stalled, but research and unit production wasn't, and all resources were well above zero. After a very long time, I finally got a message saying I was out of iron (at zero at first, then around -400), but it also said I was at +6 production. I was also at -4000 +11 currency, but didn't get any messages about that.

Played the conquest mode, and on the score screen, all conquered nations were in my color.

Last edited:
For some reason, the minimap shows an enormous amount of green camps all over the place (and not just on unclaimed cities), despite there being nothing there. Even in Antarctica, unless the penguins are counted as creeps for some reason.

I think maybe resources also get creep icons?

Engineers have an annoying tendency to get stuck inside iron mines when built.

Yeah, this has been an issue for some time despite repeated attempts to prevent it. Iron mines and oil refineries have a special pathing pattern which only fits at the places where they're allowed to build (all other tiles are unbuildable by default, and regular structures don't require buildable tiles to build).

If building construction consumes oil, iron and currency, the amount drained should show up when the building is selected (as when a unit is being trained).

Thanks, i will fix this.

Battleships can't target deep sea rigs.

I will see what i can do about this, but it's possible that it can't be helped. They also can't attack naval yards afaik for the same reason.

Given the different targeting mechanics, every unit should have its tooltips say which units it can't shoot at, not just which ones it's effective against (e.g. infantry can shoot all land units; missile troopers shoot air, buildings and vehicles but not infantry; fighters shoot tanks and buildings but not infantry; ICBMs and nukes can't shoot buildings, etc.)

Sure, that could be useful. Btw, nukes and ICBMs should be able to target buildingss, the fact that they can't (they can only target ground) is a bug. Frankly, i should change the abilit to use a targeting image which shows their radius.

I like the chemtroopers, maybe you could have an early-available flamethrower equivalent that makes zombie-infected humans stay dead.

Maybe, i just don't know if i can see their role. Anti-structure and anti-infantry? That's how it was in World in Flames. I'm just afraid that players won't understand the difference between flamers and chemical troopers.

A weird city distribution bug: Playing EU vs US (Berlusconi's in charge? No wonder the world is so crappy) and I ended up getting regular attacks coming from US troops near St Petersburg. Although one of their engineers might have been abducted and dropped off there.

Yes, definately an abducted unit. This is very common.

Finished the game this time around, and while it didn't crash (despite the Americas swarming with zombies) it froze on exiting the score page.

Sounds like a memory leak. There are some unpreventable leaks regarding creating-removing units, i'm pretty sure i've covered all the other leaks though since i've gone over the scripts dozens of times.

Beating Cthulhu or the mothership should give something.

Suggestions? Perhaps it's fair that whoever kills the mothersship also gets UFO tech.

Give satellites a suicide ability so they can be replaced if necessary (and because orbital bombardment is fun).

Not sure about this... but i will consider it. For a while though, i was thinking of adding an orbital strike satellite, which would essentially be an orbital ICBM launcher.

Medics could really use a heal upgrade.

Good idea, i will add this!

While the research system is well-designed, I feel using it for damage and armor upgrades slows down the game.

Can you elaborate on this? What is the alternative?

Speaking of which, some ideas concerning UFOs:
Have an ability (once radars or satellites are researched) to ping where the UFO is, I only shot one down because I was playing with the map revealed and saw it crossing the ocean.
Warn players when a unit gets abducted and ping the location.
Give player-built UFOs an abduction ability.
Have alien-conquered cities produce alien troops the way zombies do.

Nice ideas, although i can tell straight away that the last one won't happen. One option i was considering though was to have one player play as the aliens in a certain game mode and maybe then build some other alien units. You'd have to balance it though so that the alien is strong enough to survive against the others, but not strong enough to stomp any individual player.

If you revamp the AI (hopefully getting them to stop filling their bases with infantry squads and making them so easy to zombify), make zombies and aliens have a basic AI as well, if only a spawn-units-at-city-and-attack-closest-enemies script (and have zombies oppose aliens).

The revamp is mainly centered around having the AI sprawl through certain territorial zones, and also be less based on constantly polling different things, like counting units of certain types/issuing orders over and over again.

Agents using vials can cause selectable dummy units to appear (literally named Dummy).

Cthulhu can be targeted by tridents but not regular subs.

Will fix.

Exploding power plants cause radiation damage, but there's nothing to mark where the radiation is coming from.

Radiation is invisible in real life. However, there should be an overhead buff, somehow that got bugged and will no longer display for more than a second or so.

Does the radiation shielding research work against solar flares?

Yes.

Some weird effects sometimes attach to units. For instance, Cthulhu once had an assault rifle as long as himself blink into view when attacking. What, being an unspeakable horror beyond time whose very sight drives men insane wasn't enough, you had to give him a gun?

Uhm... what?? That's super weird. I have never seen that before, must be an attachment from some unit cauasing a graphics glitch (sometimes geometry not belonging to a bone will attach to random things).

More economic bugs: Had a bug where building construction and upgrading was stalled, but research and unit production wasn't, and all resources were well above zero. After a very long time, I finally got a message saying I was out of iron (at zero at first, then around -400), but it also said I was at +6 production. I was also at -4000 +11 currency, but didn't get any messages about that.

Will look into this.

Played the conquest mode, and on the score screen, all conquered nations were in my color.

That's because they were conquered! They are now a part of your nation.

Last edited:
Level 28
Mines: Maybe have a trigger so the engineer is teleported outside once contruction is completed, or give them Blink.

Flamers: Something like a slightly weaker version of chem troopers (same principle of weak but very fast attack), useful for clearing out buildings and countering infantry-based rushes in early stages before artillery is upgraded.

Research: I think damage and armor upgrades should use the standard method of being upgraded at a building. This would allow faster progress, especially in early game.

Radiation: Yes, but maybe have a fire effect on the plant's location so you can see where it was and remove the effect with safe reactors researched.

Cthulhu Cannon: Probably, I've seen something similar in other maps with random corpses suddenly being attached to units.

Teleport Gate can be built in trees.

What's this about dinosaurs?

Even more ideas:
Give deep-sea rigs a weaker version of the shipyard's healing aura.
Cities taken by Cthulhu spawn amphibious Deep Ones with extra damage against ships.
Cthulhu/mothership rewards:
* Beating Cthulhu lets you summon R'lyeh at the target location (as a neutral, so you don't control when it goes back down), allowing you to basically block off air and sea traffic if they don't want an angry starspawn rising to eat them.
* Beating the mothership gets you UFO tech, and if you already had it, lets you summon the mothership again (as a neutral hostile, but you choose the location).
* The summoning ability transfers to the last player to defeat it (if R'lyeh submerges again without anyone approaching it, the defeating player loses control and the city returns to its randomly-surfacing cycle).
Weather control (very high-end research).
Artillery units should have Attack Ground and be able to attack trees.
Medics should have a different model and icon than Rangers.

Last edited:
Level 3
This is a really cool map, it almost doesn't even feel like you're playing Warcraft 3.
But I'd like some other things added into the map.
Maybe more oil? I know you tried to be realistic but its so hard to keep my oil from plummeting.
shallow water between Indonesia and Australia?
I'd also like to say that my game ran out of memory within an hour into the game, I don't have any crash logs or anything (sorry), but I was playing single player with 11 AI and I had about 6-7 jets out, I had almost no ground troops (Was playing Australia).
The version I was playing on wasn't 1.9, I think it was 1.8e but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Level 3
I found a bug on 1.9, I was playing the phantom mode.
I also found out (in the same game) that if you launch 3 nukes at Africa your game crashes. Is 3 the number in which the triggers activate Nuclear Winter? It should be more like 15 nukes if so.

Attachments

• Bug.png
    Bug.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I found a bug on 1.9, I was playing the phantom mode.
I also found out (in the same game) that if you launch 3 nukes at Africa your game crashes. Is 3 the number in which the triggers activate Nuclear Winter? It should be more like 15 nukes if so.

What were you doing when this appeared? "No players available" really just means "no players available to whom this action is alplicable". So for instance, if you press "request peace" while you are already at peace with everyone (as is the case at the start of Phantom mode), it will say this.

Regarding the game crashing when you launch 3 nukes at Africa, have you been able to reproduce this, or did that just happen to be the circumstances in some game when it crashed? The memory leak is something i should look into, though.

Regarding nuclear winter, you usually need a lot more than 3, but it's also a question of how often you launch them. Every time a nuke detonates, a counter goes up by a certain value, but decreases every second - when it goes over some value a nuclear winter is triggered. Usually it takes around 10-15 nukes.

Weather control (very high-end research).

This idea i really like!! Some device which creates a random weather-related disaster at some point (like hurricanes, lightning storms, tornados, etc). But what would it be? A new type of satellltie? Or a structure? One problem is that the build menu is full, although the last version made use of "advanced engineers" for the brainwave transmitter. Still not sure whether i want to use these for more stuff, though.

Level 28
Well, I thought of it as a multi-tier research: first tier lets you cancel a naturally-occuring disaster, second lets you direct it when it occurs, third lets you summon one and control it. The actual disaster would need to be researched independently in order to be summoned. Also, maybe researching one disaster could affect/boost other gameplay elements (meteors affect satellites, hurricanes and tornadoes affect aircraft, lightning storms affect standard power plants, solar flares affect fusion power plants, quakes affect oil drilling and iron mining, etc.)

As for where, you could simply have it done at the polar research stations (what self-respecting supervillain wouldn't build his mad-scientist device at the poles?), making sure the ability resets with every new owner to the new owner's research tier.

Can confirm the nuclear winter happens after 10 nukes (12 in this case, launched simultaneously against the zombie-infested cities of Australia, and for some mysterious reason my people revolted against me, ungrateful bastards).

Can the AI make its own decisions regarding trades?

Endgame bugs:
There was a a bug with an M60 tank who just would not die, remaining at 1 HP for the rest of the match (he couldn't be repaired either). "Made in the US of A" indeed.

A stealth bomber who kept circling the same spot after being buit. Sometimes he responded to orders to go somewhere else, but then he returned to the same spot.

Finished the brainwave transmitter while still researching something. As a result, was stuck at no biomass for a while (although I could train zombies in cities) until the research finished and I started getting biomass income.

You keep oil patches after going zombie.

Zombie swimmers have the Garithos voice. The irony of "Inhuman beast!" and "We humans have to stick together."...

Become overlord again without any research going on... and biomass was still very slow to build up. Is there a wait period or is it a function of how many cities you've taken?

So it turns out that if you order your zombies to keep attacking a captured city, the zombie spawn continues to happen every time the city "falls" (up until the city loses all wealth and becomes a ruin).

Getting two Zombie Horrors to fuse should have them automatically seek a target. Or is it to make sure biomass gets consumed?

A bug where I lost a city to Cthulhu, but a zombie belonging to me spawned there anyway.

There should be a timer for all players involved when time limits (recapture a city in 60 seconds, hold a capitol for 5 minutes, etc.) appear.

Last edited:
There is one calculated metric for accepting peace requests (mainly based on number of enemies) and one for declaring war (proximity, military strength, etc) and apparently it passes one and not the other. The AI system is generally quite crarppy and the quality of the AIs decision making degrades as the game progresses. I will redesign it entirely in the future.

Level 4
Hey, why not creating a city upgrading system, where when some city reach high currency, it can be upgraded.