• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infected Defence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ATM --> Automatic Teller Machine

It's a computerized telecommunications device that provides the customers of a financial institution with access to financial transactions in a public space without the need for a human clerk or bank teller.

Level 10
ATM --> Automatic Teller Machine

It's a computerized telecommunications device that provides the customers of a financial institution with access to financial transactions in a public space without the need for a human clerk or bank teller.

1. It's medival times, there are no automatic stuff.
2. It's supose to be like treant/animal/nightelf races that defends the treehouses they live in.

Any else ideas?

Level 10
"1. It's medival times, there are no automatic stuff."
When you are defending your point, you do not want to use it in the first place. When you use it, this makes you seem unintelligent and unclear about your point Second, stuff is vague and furthermore ruins your point.

On a personal note, you're going to fuck it up if you add Night Elves in this..

Level 10
When you are defending your point, you do not want to use it in the first place. When you use it, this makes you seem unintelligent and unclear about your point Second, stuff is vague and furthermore ruins your point.

On a personal note, you're going to fuck it up if you add Night Elves in this..

Well, the night elf's are friends of the treants. look at pic number 3, 4 and 5 you can see those green guys on the sides of the treehouse, they are treants.

Level 10
Night elves have the norm of magic and humans have the norm of using bows, primitive guns and swords. Now, if you have hordes of undead, magic is the ultimate over powered weapon or scapegoat. Just look at D&D 3.5 and the spellcasters, very good analogy.

Plus, mysticism ruins the aesthetics of gritty survival.

Well, the funny part is that 43berries has made 3 quality zombie maps :D

??

Level 10
Well, now I've been thinking some more about this map (started to work on it again). And i have 1 question wich building has the pathing of only 1 litte square (a normal scout tower has 4 squares)? Cuase i need mini-walls!

Now, i will have slates like in Gem TD to make the mape more interesting. One slate will be the "Smasher Slate". When you walk on it, 2 log looking things smashes toghether and splatts the enemy that is on the slate. But i dont have any model for that one, look my signature I've got the request there (More detailed info about the model there).

I will start with only 1 race, but i will probobly add more races in later versions. It will be the "Treant Race".

Level 10
I have a topic somewhere in the the Ideas forum. I could send you a link. It has all sorts of ideas.
Slates:
Half Slate: shrinks the unit by 0.5 and halves the health of the unit (max health or just damage taken).
Also, another 1x1 pathing texture can be found under the barrel in destructibles.

Level 10
Just change the pathing texture :D

Well, now I've done it! I found the only 1 square thing!

This is the thing i used: PathTextures\2x2Default.tga
This is how i thought i should be: PathTextures\1x1Default.tga

Does any 1 have any ideas about other Towers / Slates? It would be really helpful.

So now I've got an idea to imrpove the map!

The zombies have immolotion so that your walls take damage and might get destroyed. If i use that i might get some more towers that can heal (repair) the towers, something like in Skibi's TD.

What you think?

Level 10
Now i have added some screenshots from the cinematic for those of you who can't view the cinematic! + I have added an updated version of the cinematic. Look first post!

Maybe send zombies with different abilities over per wave or something?

Maybe I will make that l8er but now i will focus on the towers/walls for a while.

I have a topic somewhere in the the Ideas forum. I could send you a link. It has all sorts of ideas.
Slates:
Half Slate: shrinks the unit by 0.5 and halves the health of the unit (max health or just damage taken).
Also, another 1x1 pathing texture can be found under the barrel in destructibles.

Uhhm the right pathing texture is 2x2 and i fixed that yesterday.

Does any1 have any other ideas to improve the map a little bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.