• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Quarantine - The Infection Survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi thanks for reading. I need some suggestions for my map called Quarantine. First of all, I would need a new map name because I've found another map also called Quarantine in another website.

To give you an idea of what my map contains: I tried to do the exact same thing as Combat Arms (the 3D fps from Nexon) Quarantine mode but keeping as much possible the warcraft 3 features (because some games are soo exagerated that it doesn't look like warcraft 3 anymore).

I've made this game for people that need more challenge than normal custom games (which are too easy most of the times). Many games in Custom Games are too easy, no challenge at all. This game will be the opposite: a kind of nightmare.

I've done the terrain but I'll add more doodads later and more environment of a zombie infection. Here's a screenie:
qssf7s.jpg

This is only the terrain (don't juge the grassy part (the giant square that takes 70% of the map) because it's supposed to be an artificial grass terrain). The part that need some environment is only the blight and maybe add some blood marks in my grassy part.

In fact I need suggestions for:
-Ranged weapons such as AK47 but I need unique names, no gun names that already exist like G36E or Dagunov. I've created an Assault Rifle that I've made called MG10 (which doesn't exist at all).
-Zombie types and as much possible realistic zombies: please tell me the model/skin, the zombie name, attack, attack speed, hit points, armor, special abilities, more... (I'm using the lowest hit points as possible like the MG10 of the last example only deals 2 dmg every 0.44, survivors will have 30 hit points for VERY HARD, 50 for HARD, 100 for NORMAL, 120 for EASY, 160 for VERY EASY and 250 for TRAINING. The building with the highest hit point is a wall with 320 hit points.
-A system where zombies get knockback when they receive damage (if they receive 2 damages they are knockbacked of 2 ranges, 100 damages, 100 ranges) but can still attack (with their real attack so the armors are counted + their attack animation). I've thunk of using some knockback of the spell section and jass section but it's not flawless with the attack animation thing and it may cause lag for people with slow computers. A system like in Combat Arms where zombies can still attack when they get knockbacked.
-A game title that is unique and not used by any wc3 map maker and that clearly represent the game.

What is done?
***I've done the sound system (like a radio system (go go go, ennemy down, cease fire...))
***Map initialization (not totaly completed because some triggers may be added)
***Terrain
***Ammo system
***Weapon system
***1 completed weapon (item,spell,trigger)
***Map loading screen
***Map description
***The players main unit/builder/hero
***8 structures

Thank you for helping ^^ About the knockback thing, I'ma continue searching a little more. I'll maybe make a system myself O.O??

Status
Not open for further replies.