• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Zombie Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys, I'm making a map for my project in school which is a teaser and I want my map for it. And the only one problem for my map is zombie infection. For example, at the start of the game, all players will have survivors spawned. And there's a countdown and if the timer ends, one of the survivors will become a zombie boss. Can someone do it? I already done the zombie infecting part where when they kill the survivors they become zombies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Can someone do it?
Thousands of mappers can do it, I am pretty sure you can with some help as well.

Create a timer, set it for the grace period you want. Create a timer window for that timer so that the players can see it. Create a trigger that fires when the timer expires. This trigger picks a random unit from all the survivors and then replaces his unit with a zombie. It then makes him hostile to all other players by picking all players but himself and making them hostile with him (and him hostile with them). You may need a variable to keep track of the zombie player that is set when the zombie player is chosen. Remember to remove (or hide) the timer window when the timer expires.

Level 6
Thousands of mappers can do it, I am pretty sure you can with some help as well.

Create a timer, set it for the grace period you want. Create a timer window for that timer so that the players can see it. Create a trigger that fires when the timer expires. This trigger picks a random unit from all the survivors and then replaces his unit with a zombie. It then makes him hostile to all other players by picking all players but himself and making them hostile with him (and him hostile with them). You may need a variable to keep track of the zombie player that is set when the zombie player is chosen. Remember to remove (or hide) the timer window when the timer expires.

Ok.. I've done it..Thanks Super Good..

Status
Not open for further replies.