• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's a good Fire Nova Spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im I_Eat_Nails in clan TTG. We made great maps like Dawn Of The Dead. I'm currently contructing a map call Forsaken survivors. It is a first person shooter against zombies and undead demons. I need a great fire skill for the flame thrower. :twisted:

Level 9

i could make a spell for you, but its pritty simple just make a triggerd spell like:

A unit finishs casting a spell

Spell being cast equal to blah blah

Do actions:

For each integriter 1-5 do actions:

Create 1 unit at point with polar offset by 1.00 twords angle of (casting unit).

Set varaible blah blah equals (last created unit)

order unit to move to pont with polar offset by (the range u want) twords angle of (attacked point)

Wait .30 seconds

This should create a wave of flames at the targeted area, if you wanted to make it a normal attack type however youd need to do a four part trigger:

A unit gains an item Equal to flamethrower (or) this can be passively created at the start.

Hero gaining item equal to blah blah

Do actions:

Set blah blah2 equal to hero gaining item (or the hero)

Create 1 flamethrower for player (a neutral player)at point (position of gianing ero) (or) (position of hero)

Set varaible blah blah equals last created unit

Then you need to:

Every .01 seconds

Hero has item equal to true (if its passive you dont need this)

Do actions:

Move unit blah blah to position of blah blah2

Finaly you need to:

A unit is order to attack.

Unit being ordered equal to blah blah2

Do actions:

set varaible blah blah3 equals targeted unit.

Change ownership of unit blah blah to owner of blah blah 2

Order blah blah to attack (targeted unit)

One other thing to change the unit back to a passive:

A generic unit dies.

Unit equal to blah blah 3

change ownership of blah blah to a neutral player.

For the flame thrower unit you need to change his attack speed to .01, his projectile to some sort of fire thing, his mld file to none.mld, his collision size to 0, his movement type to flying, his movement speed to 0, his flying height to 1, and his damage to what ever. Now, you must change him back when he finishs attacking.

Have fun :p

Level 3
hmmm.. ill send you my map and ill show you if you want. Its pretty good besides that it needs some tweeking. tell me your aim and ill send it to you. If you dont have aim, then tell me your wc3 name and ill see what i can do because i have fire wall.. :cry:

[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.