• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

At dawn they sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Map name = At dawn they sleep ( yup its also a slayer song.. :p )

The map is about humans vs undead battleing over control of villages,the undead have to infect the food source ( just destroy a tower ) from a human village to infect the village and let it spawn zombies to strengthen the undead armies. The humans can also take cities back by healing the food source and placing new village in it by destroying the Infection ( also a tower ). so if you have much villages it means (for undead) much troops to fight the enemy with. For the humans much cities means no troops for the undead so less enemies to fight and an extra gold bonus intime.

Some little bonus features will be included also,like buying items at merchants and such,the skills will all be the same exept the undead have custom skill i added already.

In the begining al players have to chose a hero and then they get a fortress,if you choose the paladin you get a paladin fortress and its different when you choose a bloodmage and have a bloodmage fortress because it trains other units. After both sides (4 players at one side) have chosen they're heroes the game starts. The undead have to rush towards the nearest crypts and start raising corpses (bone fletcher skill) and training undead units and so attack in a rush first a few villages. The humans have to defend these villages. And so the fight for the villages contineus. Also there will be like 'Special strategic points' which provide you with much stronger troops or items but these are hard to find and hidden on strange places!

This is the only thing i gotta tell about the map

As ussualy i already started the map and thought of the idea and all,btw im creating a new site so it would be downloadable on there.

Well what u think? original aye?

Last edited:
Level 27
-=Updated=-

Have only worked at the triggers where you choose the heroes ( still bugged lol ) and have added kind of 20 items which have some unique abilites ( i think ) and also im thinking of customizing every hero spell just by editting the original.

EDIT - Some comment on the idea or not? :p

Last edited:
Level 27
ANTI-DOTA? Oo your trying to knock off the DotA fame? or am I being stupid again hehe

Exactly what i meant,i have thought of this map to have the same chance to get famous like dota,it has the same dumb get-a-hero-and-go gameplay but its much more expanded and your only goal isnt defeating enemies and leveling so i think this has a quite good chance indeed ;)

Level 9
This map sounds rather interesting. Make it damn good now or you'll spoil the good idea. :p I'll be cheering for ya.

Level 27
This appears to a conquest map on Batlefield series...
sounds interessing.

When you will upload a beta?

Today its wednesday and i shall make the terrain ready (editor rush) .. i aint lowering its quality by rushing it though becuase its called 'editting' for a reason ya know ;)

EDIT - Omg ... i had sojust typed fucking much but i pressed some fucking button and now every i typed is FUCKING gone!!!! omg... omg .. omg .. i will update this some other time omg fucking shit button ...

About the map terrain its 80% done now so it can be changed still (when i started 40% was done already so i only had to do the other 40%)

BLagh!!!!! FUCK BUTTON! ... update comes later.. rly it where kind of 400 words i typed and now they're all gone!!!

Last edited:
Level 27
One day passed so doubleposting is allowed for me,

-=Big update=-

Map name – ADTS ( At dawn they sleep )
Release version – Version 1.0
Release date – 2007
Terrain size – 160x160
Maptype – Battlefield-like with Aos influences

-=[highlight]About the map[/code]=-

-=The game concept=-

The game concept is to defeat the also popular ‘DOTA’ by introducing an Aos-like game which really ISNT ( NOTE – ADTS is no Aos!) an Aos but an battlefield-like strategy game with warcraft battlefield system. The goal of the game is defeating the enemy in different game mode’s the following modes are

- Sudden death
$ - The sudden death mode will defeat the whole enemy team when the other team captures an control point of them.
- Field control
$ - Controlling a different percentage of the control points, you will be able to choose out of 60% or more,70% or more,80% or more,90% or more,100% total victory.
- At dawn they sleep
$ - At daylight humans get blessing from the daylight, at night the undead get cursed by the dark gods. At day humans get an attribute bonus and at night undead get an attribute bonus. To win a team should control 90% of the control points.

-=Terrain=-

The terrain is 160x160 and both upper left side and upper right side will be 5 control points each side making a total of 10. The terrain is done warcraft III blizzard style by creating cliffs and then raising them and placing clumps of trees but also placing trees with precision. The terrain could be seen as messy unedited nature environment.

-=Units=-

The units in this game are trained from barracks and received from captured control points.
The train-able units depend on what for sort of hero you have chosen in the begin of the game.
No unit models will be used in the release version only original blizzard models.

-=Abilities=-

The abilities can be purchased with lumber in the begin by the heroes, every hero receives 5 lumber to buy 5 abilities of choice. All the abilities will be the original ones edited or JASS triggered ultimate abilities and such.

-=Other=-

The BETA map will be released when most of these things are almost done or done.
Models can be imported in further version and eventual balances could be made also.
Hero ability icons will be only used as custom icons and normal unit abilities will be used with normal icons. Also of course the buffs and such will be customized.

-=FAQ=-

Q: [highlight]How much will be the size of this map? [/code]

A: 160x160 terrain and beneath 4 mb because its multiplayer

Q: [highlight]How much heroes will there be of choice[/code]

A: There will be eight heroes, four human and four undead.

Q: [highlight]Will you require any help of other people? [/code]

A: I am not able to create good AI and such, also for JASS spells and such I will require skills of other people

Q: [highlight]Will this map be n00b-friendly[/code]

A: When you play it for the first time it will not be such n00b-friendly if your enemies go into a control point rush but this also depends on the game type you choose, just read the loading screen and the quests and learn from other matches.

Q: [highlight]Will this map defeat dota? [/code]

A: It has the same game play but very expanded

Q: [highlight]You keep talking about original is this map really this original? [/code]

A: Yes for so far I know there haven’t been made an mix of Aos,Battlefield control point match and an RPG like hero levelling where you can choose your skills yourself.

Q: [highlight]What’s so great at the gameplay? [/code]

A: It has much variations to do, you could fight for control of points (1) or powerlevel (2) or farm (3) or you could creep for level (4) farm for items (5) support in battle (6) and so go on.
Also the combination of three sorts of games does the gameplay good.

[highlight]Updated Thursday 25 January 2007[/code]

Level 27
You are requesting a trigger AI or an Ai of the AI editor?

AI Requirements:

The AI should command spawning units from any control point to auto attack the next control point on the route but if this control point already is owned by an ally then they automaticly go to the next,and next and eventualy they will go to other sides to..

And when you select them they're AI should not work anymore and you can control them yourself ( whoever owns the unit )

The one who is creating the AI should know himself if he rather likes to do it with 'Trigger' or with 'AI Editor' because i only care if it works ..

The AI-editor will get credits on the 'Loading screen' in the release version and in the quest-credits

If a spawned unit is targeted to a point without enemyes it will need to go to another point?

Make a initialy off trigger that will pick every units owned by the npc player on the owned point and attack the next.

When the point is owned by an ally of the npc, turn this trigger on.
When the point is owned by an ally of the npc, turn this trigger off.

This is a raw exemple of what you can do. refine it, but I dont know the map dimensions, whats are were, etc...

Level 27
If a spawned unit is targeted to a point without enemyes it will need to go to another point?

Make a initialy off trigger that will pick every units owned by the npc player on the owned point and attack the next.

When the point is owned by an ally of the npc, turn this trigger on.
When the point is owned by an ally of the npc, turn this trigger off.

This is a raw exemple of what you can do. refine it, but I dont know the map dimensions, whats are were, etc...

Its just not to me to create AI because i suck in it and everything i do isnt very unbugged because always bugs can occure when i create these kinds of things and sometimes they are awfully bugged .. i dont do this myself .. end of story :p

Level 4
There are some original ideas here. I like the anti-dota bit. I get the feeling dota is still going to be around for a while whether you release this game or not...

Cant wait to see both this game and your new site... PM if you want a beta tester!

Level 6
as much as you dont want it to be like dota the game still sounds like that (really really shit and overrated) game... still the sort of logistics feel to it sounds good. do the villages spawn millita when there attacked or build footmen and defences?

Status
Not open for further replies.