• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion] Revert collision check change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
-Collision check with all player controlled units disabled; enemies are now able to walk through player characters.

This change turned tank's life into a hellhole, formerly has to get around you spending seconds so your taunt is ready when mook has reached the squishy behind.
Singletarget Casters are having a hard time with it either, the mmo where you got this idea from has an function for toggling through targets and a flexibler camera so you can keep harming your original target when they stack up in front of the melee char. You can still play the game as before just have to spend time and dedicate effort 'scanning' the stack each time you want to fire a soulblast/fireball/we.
The only ones that possibly have benefited from this change are AoE casters.
If you had a problem with Golem boss being soloed then you shouldve enabled this for only that boss. And in that case it would have made sense since its a fucking giant and therefore wouldnt get pathblocked by a thing 1/10 its size.

I'm confused how you can actually make out a difference in the creep behaviour from the changes.
Since all heroes and 'swarming' units had a collision size of 8 before, creeps also "went through" the heroes pre-change.

The change should almost only be noticable for fights with bigger bosses, as now you can attack them from a much bigger distance.

I guess it's pretty much a issue of content design. D3 waves obviously suffer from the change (and so do the mini-golem spawns). Then again, the increased collision size benefits any AoEing on D3 waves, so it kinda balances itself out again.
I'll try to make sure not to generate too much content with lots of units in the same position to make it easier to target.

All in all, I think the benefits of the new system (more realistic hit boxes) weight heavier than the drawbacks (stacking units) in most situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.