• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Suggestion] Give backpack minion commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I'm not saying to remove it from hero spellbook. But simply ALSO adding it to the backpack. And yes, this is very easy to do with hotkeys. 9 abilities is not very hard to use while also switching to another unit. At least not if you have some experience and familiarity with the hotkeys in this game. I don't see why not add this. It will only give a new option, not change the old ones.

Level 1
Most spells in the game don't have huge channeling times, so you would have to be really good at microing to control your minions while casting a spell. Not to mention you have to look out for many other factors in boss fights. I'm not saying you shouldn't add it but I just don't see how it would help

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I can't see how "being really good" has anything to do with pressing a few buttons fast. We only have 9 abilities at a time in this game and many have some kind of cooldown. It isn't like you have to be the fastest keyboard presser in the world to press a few more buttons. Anyway, since you weren't against the suggestion this is not to argue with you, I'm just amazed that anyone can find that such simple and limited controls require players to be skilled.

Level 1
I can't see how "being really good" has anything to do with pressing a few buttons fast. We only have 9 abilities at a time in this game and many have some kind of cooldown. It isn't like you have to be the fastest keyboard presser in the world to press a few more buttons. Anyway, since you weren't against the suggestion this is not to argue with you, I'm just amazed that anyone can find that such simple and limited controls require players to be skilled.

What I meant was that spell channeling times are so short you'd have to be pretty good at microing to keep using spells and minions at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.