• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion: Add recommended version to the map info and map listing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Currently the Recommended Version information is under the Contents header at the very bottom of a map's info section, which has a tendency to be buried underneath the images and walls of text providing information on the map, resulting in people asking which version they need in the thread.

Moving/displaying the version information at the top in the same box as the download button could help people know which version they need before downloading a map.

In the same vein, having the version information displayed in the map listing (alongside the filesize and download button) could be useful.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What could work is instead of
test01.png

this:
test03.png

Of course that won't help bundles too much unless you can make a scroll bar there like so:
test04.png

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Personally, I write the required version in red text and large font size at the beginning of the description.
I still get asked a lot why my campaigns do not work when people have version X.XX so I think it is only a few that read this.
I am not opposed top this idea, though you would have to find a way how to properly implement it for bundles that have several maps, though in most cases those should share requirements you would expect.
@Ralle can we add a text field there to the top that the author can (optionally?) fill with the version requirement Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.