• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map/spell uploading suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Map uploading:
- You need to write thread that involves large amount of information of the map (I suggest making map/spell template, which has basic stuff ready which you need). Thread should involve basic things like map name, what kind of map is it, extra explanasion for stuff that is good to know about your map, atleast 5 screenshots, credits and maybe something more.
--> hopefully this would make rewieving maps much easier and people would submit less maps (hopefully not as many shitty maps would be posted) and it would be nice to see more info/screenies for some maps.

Spell uploading:
- Tighten up the criters to upload spell too. I really like the system on helpers.net. example: [Spell] Pentagram Spell(all credit to NoobzPwnz) - The Helper Forums
Spell uploading is pretty good as it is now, but could be improved. I think helpers. net has perfect system. Atleast it would be good to know if its: GUI/JASS, MUI/MPI

And if criters are not filled, moderators could either remove map or send pm to uptade the maps description before accepting the map/spell.

Level 31
We already implement a rules that a map must have a proper description or else it would be rejected and the author have the right not to reveal the entire information about the map especially if their map is a cinematic map.

Infact everything you suggest about map uploading already been implement except the screenshot rules which I believe it ain't necessary.

Level 13
We already implement a rules that a map must have a proper description or else it would be rejected and the author have the right not to reveal the entire information about the map especially if their map is a cinematic map.

Infact everything you suggest about map uploading already been implement except the screenshot rules which I believe it ain't necessary.

Well then you dont have very strict conditions. example:
Balin's Tomb 2.01 Beta 1 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

I cant really tell what kind of map that is, or atleast it doesnt give slightes hint of the quality.

Making thread for maps would allow much larger customisation for informaton (the map template) and make it easier to see if its a good map and worth trying. I think screenshots can tell more than 1000words.

But I quess it works the way it is, but I still think it aint good system atm.

Level 15
Actually the spell upload is pretty decent as of now. However, when I update my spell, it doesn't seem to show when it was updated. Nor does it move my spell to the top of the list.
However, when Dr Super Good approved it last time, it showed the update. It might be bacause of my computer or something.
Other than that, its fine :)

Level 15
Actually, thats not my point. Dr Super Good approved it.
Anyway, the bug is something like this. I updated spell today but the date shown at the "Last Updated" place is 20 Oct 2008 4:03am or something (GMT+8). This might be a bug with my comp or something wrong with the spell section.

Status
Not open for further replies.