• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Submit your OWN HERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hehe..Told ya Glo that it was the same!
Well Darkmoon, please notify when there's a testing version =D

Qab

Qab

Level 5

Valifax Ferin
Elven Leader
Model Used: Blood Elf Leutainent
Main Stat: Agility
Melee
Role: Support

Backstory: Living in a ghetto for elves located in the city of Vanis, Valifax quickly developed a deep hatred for humankind. When the humans ordered the elves to leave Vanis, he lead the elves on a desperate revolution, burning half the castle to the ground. He took control of the city and rebuilt it for the elves. He has learned to control his anger to an extent, but it still cruel and mercyless to humans. A few years later, he drunk the blood of a dying mage to gain his magical prowess.

Rally Call
Yelling with all his passion and leadership, Valifax convinces even the msot cowardly to follow him.
Surrounding allies gain a 15% bonus to life regeneration and armour, while enemies have a 15% reduced life regeneration and armour.
Human Flag
(None)

Siphoning Strike
Driving his sword deep into his enemy, Valifax uses it as a channel to siphon off his enemies life.
Target enemy is stunned for 5 seconds, and is drained of 7.5 life per second.
Valifax's animation is stopped with his sword outstretched, and Drain Life Caster on it's tip.

Sword Bond
Valifax hurtles his sword into the ground in the distance, immediately teleporting to appear right next to it. Pullin it out of the ground, he swings it around him in a devastating blow.
Valifax teleports to target location after a short interval, dealing 50 damage in a short radius around him after.
Disenchant
A missile looking like any sword travels from him to the target, when it reaches it, Valifax appears next to it, followed finally by spell, slam animation.

Ethnical Frenzy
Letting his anger fro humans sweep over him, he charges into battle, killing them without mercy.
Instantly kill any human non-hero, 350 damage to human hero's
Death and Decay
(None)

Other Notes: Should probably not be included on any team with human soldiers or heros...

Here's my suggestion. Feel free to edit the abilities if they are inbalanced. Or the abilities themselves for that matter, as long as it fits with him. :smile: I know you only needed one more agility hero, and Glo made one, but you never know.

Level 13

Valifax Ferin
Elven Leader
Model Used: Blood Elf Leutainent
Main Stat: Agility
Melee
Role: Support

Backstory: Living in a ghetto for elves located in the city of Vanis, Valifax quickly developed a deep hatred for humankind. When the humans ordered the elves to leave Vanis, he lead the elves on a desperate revolution, burning half the castle to the ground. He took control of the city and rebuilt it for the elves. He has learned to control his anger to an extent, but it still cruel and mercyless to humans. A few years later, he drunk the blood of a dying mage to gain his magical prowess.

Rally Call
Yelling with all his passion and leadership, Valifax convinces even the msot cowardly to follow him.
Surrounding allies gain a 15% bonus to life regeneration and armour, while enemies have a 15% reduced life regeneration and armour.
Human Flag
(None)

Siphoning Strike
Driving his sword deep into his enemy, Valifax uses it as a channel to siphon off his enemies life.
Target enemy is stunned for 5 seconds, and is drained of 7.5 life per second.
Valifax's animation is stopped with his sword outstretched, and Drain Life Caster on it's tip.

Sword Bond
Valifax hurtles his sword into the ground in the distance, immediately teleporting to appear right next to it. Pullin it out of the ground, he swings it around him in a devastating blow.
Valifax teleports to target location after a short interval, dealing 50 damage in a short radius around him after.
Disenchant
A missile looking like any sword travels from him to the target, when it reaches it, Valifax appears next to it, followed finally by spell, slam animation.

Ethnical Frenzy
Letting his anger fro humans sweep over him, he charges into battle, killing them without mercy.
Instantly kill any human non-hero, 350 damage to human hero's
Death and Decay
(None)

Other Notes: Should probably not be included on any team with human soldiers or heros...

Here's my suggestion. Feel free to edit the abilities if they are inbalanced. Or the abilities themselves for that matter, as long as it fits with him. :smile: I know you only needed one more agility hero, and Glo made one, but you never know.
Ah, snap this is over? Too bad I didnt see this earlier, looks interesting. I had one strength hero in mind too.

Sorry, but you're both very late. We've already reached our goal of having 10 heroes of each main stat. Also, Valifax's ultimate deals damage only if the enemy hero is human. That doesn't really work for the kind of gameplay in my map.

Level 4
Ahh its a shame that my ethereal didn't make the cut -.-, but I hope you will reconsider in adding my character when you ever need a new character for a version :D, I know the concept is annoying but it will be interesting tho.

Level 13
I look forward in seeing how your map is going to turn out, the concept catchs my eye unlike other maps. Be sure to notify me when you begin beta testing :D
Everyone that submitted a hero in this thread will be messaged when any new information about the map arises.

This includes any map testing. Look forward to it, too.

Level 14
Ermm...
Darkmoon Hero, how's your map going?...
It's been a month that there was no replies here, and no notifications :)

Level 10
RAWR!
That looks perfect, Darkmoon! I was actually thinking about this earlier, and realized it would be a lot easier on myself to just use doodads instead of all the terrain deformation and messing around with proper pathing blocker placement. Great job, once again!

EDIT:
I'm guessing that the map is called Zodiac?

EDIT 2:
I just realized that half my heroes lack names. I'll go add names to each one that currently doesn't have one.

Last edited:
Level 13
RAWR!
That looks perfect, Darkmoon! I was actually thinking about this earlier, and realized it would be a lot easier on myself to just use doodads instead of all the terrain deformation and messing around with proper pathing blocker placement. Great job, once again!

Thanks! His spells were actually done originally with terrain deformations, but they just looked odd. I honestly changed the effects to doodads for aesthetics.

EDIT:
I'm guessing that the map is called Zodiac?

The map doesn't actually have a name yet, but it will have something to do with Zodiac.

Glad that you like it. Expect to see more of these videos in the future, despite the fact that it took like an hour to upload the video to Youtube and another 3 hours for it to "process."

Well if your going to do something on the Zodiac, you could name it something like Indigo Prophecy (yes this name is already a game, but I know there's a couple "color" prophecies from the zodiac thing, indigo is just one of them).

Wut? you want poor people like us to say you our awesome ideas?
i got around 10 heroes with nice custom, however non-triggering spells, and ill never say you my ideas!

If you stay silent forever, your ideas mean nothing as they never reached anyone except you, they die with you. So for future reference, please share.

Level 3
omg =D terraformer(i think that was his name :X) looks awesome as it is =D just i think the ultimate is a BIT weak because, if you are weaker than the enemy hero your ultimate is useless
anything else is just awesome ;D

Level 13

Well, I finished the Defiler. It takes a few hours for the video to "process," but I simply don't have the time to sit here and wait for it. I'm posting it now, so I can go to bed. :slp:

Yes, of course. Originally, I had it so that rocks were falling into it, dealing damage and stunning enemies. What happened?

Sorry, I must have overlooked this. While I don't think that Arena will be underpowered (especially since you can keep your friends inside, too), I'll add in the rock-falling feature shortly.

Level 10
"The video you have requested is not available." You have the link to it, obviously, and it's even on the scrolling list on the bottom, but it simply isn't there. I'll try searching Youtube itself. :|
On another note, I went back and tidied up the spelling of my entries, and gave a name to the previously nameless Flamewyrm. If you want, I can rework the Dungeon Keeper, unless you already have a replacement. I see what you mean about the lack of synergy.

Level 7
Hero Name: Zynn McCloud
Class Name: Necromancer
Model: Kel'Thuzad (Necromancer)
Stat: Intelligence
Range: Ranged (Magic)
Role: Support, summoned creatures could be tank.

Backstory: An old typical fire mage who has put most of his life into study of Earth and magic. One day he mysteriously vanished leaving nothing but his Robe proving that he belonged to the Circle of Fire, years later it has been discovered that the strange man left the circle of fire to go into the arts of evil. "The Necromancer" he calls himself, he posseses great knowledge that others might not live to find out about, this man is determined to work alone, he speak hasn't much since the death of his old master Gorrand, known also as the leader of pure evil. If you choose to be around this man, You'll be lucky if he shares any information with you without secretly vanashing you.

Summon Creatures of Darkness
Flavor Text: Summons 3-6 different evil creatures that only he has control of. (Creatures could be skeleton warrior, zombie, orc grunt (Colored dark gray))
Event Text
BTNDemonDragon
Animate Dead

The Dark Absorbation
Flavor text: Zynn finds the weakness of the opponent and with his magic calls upon the evil side of the unit which takes away 1/2 life away absorbing the dark soul into himself gaining +30 hp, for a cost giving +10 damage to the victim from the god of light.
Event Text: takes 1/2 hp of the opponent, gives Zynn +30 hp, gives the opponent +10 damage.
Icon: Barrage
Graphic: Item Agillity Gain

Firomancy
Flavor Text: Zynn casts a bannished spell that he has learned back in his days in the Circle of Fire and mixes it with an evil pressence to cripple the opponent.
Event Text: does 125 damage (+50 dmg each level) + cripple the opponent (Slow him down) for 30 seconds
Icon: Dark Portal
Graphic: Shadow Strike

Ultimate Ability:
Final Strike
Flavor Text: Zynn puts all his knowledge together and instantly kills a hero at cost of stunning himself for 30 seconds and losing half of his own life.
Event Text: Kill opponent, stun himself, take 1/2 life off himself.
Icon: BTNBloodletV9
Graphic: Summon Bear

He does not have AOE spells

Level 3
Yes, of course. Originally, I had it so that rocks were falling into it, dealing damage and stunning enemies. What happened?

i know it had but maybe falling boulders would be a bit unrealistic(i really don't know how to spell that Oo)
maybe doing something like many little spikes come out of the ground in the arena which are vanishing after 1 sec and if the enemy heroes is hit he/she gets a little damage also the spikes souldn't block anything so the enemy won't be pushed around the arena by the spikes.
that would be funny :D *puts on happy face*
(sorry for my bad english >.<)

Level 10
Sorry, but I've already made a replacement hero. And I've already grown quite attached to him.

Not a problem.

Anyway, the hero looks awesome. I was thrown off by Corruption and Defile for a moment, but after watching it again I understand. Great job, once again.

EDIT:
I just noticed that you have at least eight heroes there, and seeing as I don't see an icon for the Defiler or Terraformer I'm guessing you have several of them that are at least partially done?

Level 13
Not a problem.

Anyway, the hero looks awesome. I was thrown off by Corruption and Defile for a moment, but after watching it again I understand. Great job, once again.

Yeah, I changed them a bit for balancing. Now it deals damage, then applies a buff that deals damage over time and silences (to make it useful against heroes). If they die while they have the buff, it spawns a Twisted Fiend.
Also, the fiend gains 1% movement and attack speed for every 5 intelligence of the Defiler. And it still applies the slow-on-death thing, it just isn't shown in the video. Fraps cuts off recordings at 30 seconds.

EDIT-
EDIT:
I just noticed that you have at least eight heroes there, and seeing as I don't see an icon for the Defiler or Terraformer I'm guessing you have several of them that are at least partially done?

Actually, every hero (30) has been made. All stats, models, icons, projectiles, everything. Everything but the spells.

Level 13

Introducing Firehide! Sorry it took so long to make another hero video, but I've been super busy lately. End of trimester, tons of tests, projects, big state-wide tests, aunt dying, etc. Then when I tried to upload the video to YouTube it failed, so I re-uploaded 5 more times, all to no avail. And each upload took around 2 hours. Finally I changed the video format, and it worked. Sorry about the low quality, that's the cost of getting the damn thing working.
Also, Firewall was a bitch. No joke, half the time spent triggering this hero was me trying to get Firewall to work.

Also, as you may have noticed, Lava Spittle was replaced with Rampage. With lava spittle, you could switch between an average melee hero or a weak ranged hero. Why? Not only this, but it took up the slot of an ability that could have had much greater use. So, Rampage has taken its place. Now, instead of switching from melee to ranged, he switches from ranged to melee. It also gives some bonuses, too, to give a better incentive to actually be melee. And the toggle is instant, doesn't even interrupt orders, so it's fairly easy to manage.

Not much else to say. I'll try to get these videos out faster in the future.

Yeah, Stun Aura looks like it may be pretty overpowered (unless it has a way higher chance to hit creeps then heroes) in game. I'd imagine the player keeping Rampage on the whole time while stocking up on armor boosting items and simply tanking everyone, constantly preventing them from escaping with that aura. I don't think that was the original intention of the hero.

Level 13
Yeah, Stun Aura looks like it may be pretty overpowered (unless it has a way higher chance to hit creeps then heroes) in game. I'd imagine the player keeping Rampage on the whole time while stocking up on armor boosting items and simply tanking everyone, constantly preventing them from escaping with that aura. I don't think that was the original intention of the hero.

Well, it's all subject to change and balancing, of course. But currently, Heatstroke has an area of 350, and a 30% chance every 2 seconds to stun for 1.5 seconds. Sounds pretty OP, but we'll see.
Also, the way I'd go for items is to just spam life steal and health regen to counteract the health drain on the ult. Basically, try to extend Heart of Flame as long as possible.

Level 5
it just isn't shown in the video. Fraps cuts off recordings at 30 seconds.

Spoiler Alert: Wegame has their own video capture system with unlimited recording time for free. It also records your mic so you can narrate your video as you're taking it, instead of adding in a voice over as I've had to do with other programs. Only real problem with it is when you try to put the clips into a different program like movie maker. there's a file that tells Wegame where to put the clips that for some reason always closes my windows explorer window, but to get around it you just have to tell the program to put them into a different folder until you get your clips out of the first folder.

Level 13
Agh, I was hoping I'd be the first to post. No matter.
I hope you haven't thought I've forgotten about this project. Because I haven't. Things have just been going... very slow. But now school's over.
I got back from a family reunion a few days ago, where there was no internet, and I had brought my laptop, so I pushed through the creation of 2 and a half heroes (I finished Azzryx like an hour ago) and uploaded their videos. As for the videos, while they are informational films, I'm trying to make them a bit more entertaining by adding music and stuff.
I'm sorry for the lack of progress these past few months, but from now on I'll try to get in at least 1 hero/week.
On a final note, I finally created a project thread. I'm really tired and can't think of what else to say.

A note to the moderators : If needed, you can close this tread now. However, I'm requesting that you don't delete it, because it contains assloads of important information about my map.
Thanks you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.