• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Studying new language

Language

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
with French you will be able to grasp the other Romance languages such as Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese much more easily, it has the benefit of 'making other languages easier' in the long run.

This is useful if you are just 'doing it for fun' mostly.

German however is more useful in the market place as a whole, since Germany is the 3rd(?) richest nation on the Earth, and thus, has a market to match.

It is difficult however, yet worth while.

This is useful for more professional needs, but more difficult for 'just for fun learning'.

It depends on your motives, and your future wants. Either one is worth while.

Level 14
Because of requirements at Highschool and University I've taken both French and German.

I'd say German. It's more fun to learn, or at least it was in my experience.

Level 12
If you can learn english well, french is alittle less painful, I'm forced to learn it as the criculm in Canada says we need atleast 6(?) years of french. Once you get past conjugating verbs you'll figure out the rest (theres a lot of rules for french adverbs)

Level 18
German you must study, for sure.

roman languages are hard (i learned latin) but much more easier than slavs languages.

True. Slavic languages have a shitload of cases, tenses and declinations. As if they have taken the most complicated stuff from all other languages.

(I'm a native speaker of one of these so I should know).

German you must study, for sure.

True. Slavic languages have a shitload of cases, tenses and declinations. As if they have taken the most complicated stuff from all other languages.

(I'm a native speaker of one of these so I should know).

Well, bulgarian doesn't have much of them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.