• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Struggle for Azeroth

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Struggle for Azeroth
Created by Ujimasa Hojo

Features:

Race Changes:
  • Naval Units (Some maps)
  • Glyph Upgrades
  • Other modifications to keep up with current lore

New Races:
  • Burning Legion (Can be chosen when playing Undead)
  • Old God Minions (Can be chosen when playing Night Elf)
  • Dark Horde (Can be chosen when playing Orc)
  • Eastern Horde (Can be chosen when playing Human)

New Races cannot be chosen when food costs exceed 5. Therefore, enabling Random Heroes for the game disallows the choosing of alternate Races even for the AI. It is also recommended that you do not issue commands on starting units until the selection has shown up.

Neutral Units:
  • Ancient Vaults - Sells various Unique items and Artifacts
  • Arcane Library - Helps your Heroes become more powerful
  • Arcane Observatory - Allows you to reveal an area of the map and detect invisible units
  • Bank - Exchanges gold for lumber and vice versa
  • Fountain of Energy - Regenerates the health and mana of all non-mechanical units nearby
  • Merchant - Sells various magic items
  • Tavern - Allows you to resurrect Heroes instantly

Preview:

Western Horde:

142431-albums5757-picture73467.png

Old God Minions:

142431-albums5757-picture73470.png

Western Alliance:

142431-albums5757-picture73468.png

Undead Scourge:

142431-albums5757-picture73469.png

Burning Legion:

142431-albums5757-picture73476.png

Dark Horde:

142431-albums5757-picture73475.png

Eastern Alliance:

142431-albums5757-picture73474.png

Eastern Horde:

142431-albums5757-picture73473.png

Neutral Units:
Neutral units offer various kinds of services.

142431-albums5757-picture73471.png

Glyphs:
Some of the citizens hold Glyphs. Kill them and take the glyphs before other players do.

142431-albums5757-picture73472.png

Naval Units:
Fight for control over the seas.

142431-albums5757-picture73507.png

Western Horde:

Old God Minions:

Western Alliance:

Undead Scourge:

Burning Legion:

Dark Horde:

Eastern Alliance:

Eastern Horde:

Change Log:

General:
  • Revamp.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

General:
  • First Hero now for free.
  • Fixed some few things.

General:
  • Fixed Heroes in Gameplay Constants.

General:
  • Fixed some few things.

Eastern Horde:
  • Updated the Arcane Sanctum and Workshop models.

General:
  • Fixed some few things.

Eastern Horde:
  • Tweaked the Blood Elf buildings.

Old God Minions:
  • Fixed the Trickster's starting mana.

General:
  • Shops revamped.

Old God Minions:
  • Updated the custom buildings.

Burning Legion:
  • Now uses Demon Buildings.

Dark Horde:
  • Now uses custom Buildings.

Old God Minions:
  • Fixed the wrapping of the Hall.

General:
  • Fixed some Tooltips.

Undead Scourge:
  • Fixed Lich's scorescreen.

Old God Minions:
  • Updated the Hall model.

Eastern Horde:
  • Tweaked the Blood Elf buildings to reflect the Forsaken.
Eastern Alliance:
  • Changed the skin of the High Elf Spell Breaker.

Western Alliance:
  • Tweaked the Druid of the Claw and Alchemist models.

Western Alliance:
  • Tweaked the Tempest model.

Eastern Horde:
  • Priests and Sorceress may transform into Wretched.

Western Horde:
  • New Hero: Beastmaster.

Old God Minions:
  • New Hero: Enchantress.

Western Alliance:
  • New Hero: Demon Hunter.
  • Alchemist reworked into Druid of the Pack.

Undead Scourge:
  • New Hero: Necro Lord.
  • Blood Lord reworked.

Burning Legion:
  • New Hero: Dread Mage.
  • Wrath Lord reworked.

Dark Horde:
  • New Hero: Alchemist.

Eastern Alliance:
  • New Hero: Grand Marshal.
  • Beastmaster reworked into Beast Hunter.

Eastern Horde:
  • New Hero: Apothecary.
  • Fan of Knives removed from Deathstalkers.
  • AI no longer researches Grand Master Training for Priests and Sorceresses.

Old God Minions:
  • Night Elf Computer players may now randomly play the faction.
  • Tricksters have been given the Infestation ability expanding the techtree.

Old God Minions:
  • Corrupted Trees of Life down spread blight upon creation.

Western Alliance:
  • Fixed Ravage's level requirement.

Old God Minions:
  • Fixed Siren's starting mana.

General:
  • Leaky Triggers fixed.

General:
  • Optimized imported models reducing total map sizes.

General:
  • Play as the Illidari faction.

General:
  • Transferred the Halloween 2014 Special to Resource Discussion.

Old God Minions:
  • Druid of the Flame's Bird Form now has an appropriate portrait.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

Credits:

Models:
  • Baron Darkclaw - Fan &amp, xXm0RpH3usXx
  • Blood Elf Buildings - SinisterX
  • Demoness - Mecheon
  • Demon Space Ship - pWn3d
  • Draenei Paladin - SinisterX
  • Draenei Sorceress - SinisterX
  • Dwarven Ram Rider - Norinrad
  • Fel Orc General - Frankster
  • Fel Orc Lancer - Frankster
  • Goblin War Turtle - Deolrin, Mr.Goblin
  • Golden Eagle - Deolrin
  • Hero Blood Elven Paladin - Frankster
  • Hero Troll Voodoo Hunter - General Frank
  • Judgment of Light - Champara Bros
  • Juggernaught - Dmitry Rommel, Xaran Alamas, Mr.Goblin
  • Orc Transport Ship - Dmitry Rommel
  • Orc Transport Ship (SoC) - Dmitry Rommel, Xaran Alamas, Mr.Goblin
  • Suited Worgen - Cavman
  • Tidebaron - dickxunder
  • Troll Destroyer - Deolrin, Mr.Goblin
  • Undead Blood Elf - ironmaiden
  • Warcraft 2 Zeppelin - PROXY
  • ZergOverlord - killst4r

Skins:
  • Furion - erwtenpeller
  • High Elf Spell Breaker - Heinvers

Icons:
  • Club Swing - Stanakin Skywalker
  • Dark Kael - Sephiroth_VII
  • Demon Space Ship - pWn3d
  • Draenei Paladin - SinisterX
  • Goblin War Turtle - Mr.Goblin
  • Juggernaught - Mr.Goblin
  • Orc Transport Ship - Mr.Goblin
  • Ogre Armor 3 - Stanakin Skywalker
  • Scale - Mr.Goblin
  • Shredder Saws - Marcos DAB
  • Tidebaron - dickxunder
  • Troll Destroyer - Mr.Goblin
  • Zerg Overlord - Frankster
Other modified icons came from Blizzard Entertainment.

Holiday Specials:

• Nethergarde (Halloween 2014) - Can choose the Illidari when you play as Orc

Illidari:

• Alterac City (Chinese New Year 2015) - Can choose the Alterac Syndicate when you play as Human

After Aliden Perenolde’s death, the Syndicate fell on hard times. Around the time of the Cataclysm, the Alliance and the Horde were busy fighting Twilight Cultists as well as each other. It was during this time that Aliden’s older sister, Beve, came out of hiding to rally the remaining stragglers from both the Syndicate and the allied Argus Wake. They made their way to the ruins of Alterac City and took it back from the Ogres, setting up their new base of operations in the process.

142431-albums5757-picture94915.png

• Ashenvale (April Fool's Day 2015) - Expanded techtree for Old God Minions.

A resurgent Emerald Nightmare has bolstered the Satyrs of Felwood. They now march towards Ashenvale, spreading corruption for their Old God masters.​

Keywords:
Alliance, Horde, Scourge

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab Channels as well and hopefully subscribe.
  • Follow me on Twitter, Minds, or Steemit.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
Contents

SfA: Alterac Ruins (Map)

SfA: Alterac Ruins (Map)

SfA: Ashenvale (Map)

SfA: Broken Isles (Map)

SfA: Broken Isles (B) (Map)

SfA: Gilneas City (Map)

SfA: Lordaeron Ruins (Map)

SfA: Nethergarde Keep (Map)

SfA: Quel'Danas Isle (Map)

SfA: Silvermoon City (Map)

SfA: Stormwind City (Map)

SfA: Stromgarde Keep (Map)

SfA: Theramore Isle (Map)

SfA: Wintergarde Keep (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/12 16:30:33 Comment: [Approved] Resource Moderation - Rules
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/22 23:30:05 Comment: [Approved] Resource Moderation - Rules
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/23 10:13:58 Comment: [Approved] Resource Moderation - Rules
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 23:37:13 Comment: [Approved] Resource Moderation - Rules
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 23:37:13 Comment: [Approved] Resource Moderation - Rules
Date: 10:34:21 30-Jul-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 3/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
Date: 10:44:45 30-Jul-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 2/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/28 00:44:03 Comment: [Approved] Staff Contact - Rules
21:57, 2nd Apr 2013 Orcnet: another additional and awesome altered melee map! with giving way the standard melee race with a twist, map is good to play and approved
12:29, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: Map approved
Level 12
Why is Jaina a keyword if shes not available in any of the races?
That's. . . That's REAL helpful feedback man. Hope to get more of this in the future. Haha just kidding, but I'd guess it'd be pretty typical cuz she DID rule Theramore? She was one of its 'landmarks' so I dont think it's necessary to go as far as to make her playable here. Have a good one, friend :thumbs_up:

Level 60
I'm going to be uploading unprotected versions soon. If you're one of the authors who don't want one of your resources shared, please point it out:

Icons:
  • Beatle - Mr.Goblin
  • BloodKnight - GreyArchon
  • ClubSwing - Stanakin Skywalker
  • DarkKael - Sephiroth_VII
  • DemonSpaceShip - pWn3d
  • HeroTrollVoodooHunter - Frankster
  • OgreArmor3 - Stanakin Skywalker
  • PandaAura - chr2
  • PandaStealth - chr2
  • PandaStomp - chr2
  • RagingStrike - Forgotten_Warlord
  • SkullSpirits - -BerZeKeR-
  • SummonInferno - kola
  • ZergOverlord - Frankster
Models:
  • BaronDarkclaw - Fan &amp, xXm0RpH3usXx
  • BloodElfMage - Frankster
  • DarkForcefield - JetFangInferno
  • Death Knight WC2 - Necrokenis
  • Demoness - Mecheon
  • DemonSpaceShip - pWn3d
  • Duel - Infrisios
  • FelOrcLancer - Frankster
  • FireTornado - JetFangInferno
  • FreshShambler - Ampharos_222
  • FlameshotAura - Pyritie
  • HeroBloodElvenPaladin - Frankster
  • HeroGlow - assasin lord
  • HeroNerubianElder - Ampharos_222
  • HolyShield Seal - Lord_T
  • HeroTrollVoodooHunter - General Frank
  • Judgment of Light - Champara Bros
  • LadybugAura - DonDustin
  • Magic Lightning Aura - sPy
  • Life High - Pyritie
  • OrcishTransportShip - Dmitry Rommel
  • Satyr Worker - WyrWuulfe
  • ShadowWard - JetFangInferno
  • ShadowbindTarget - shamanyouranus
  • SoulAegis - JetFangInferno
  • SoulArmor - JetFangInferno
  • StarSphere - Metal_Sonic
  • TImeAura - JetFangInferno
  • Tsuchi-Koutai_E_002 - Norinrad, General Frank
  • Undead BloodElf - ironmaiden
  • VenomousAura - sPy
  • WagonTCGlow - Epsilon
  • Wild Growth - Champara Bros
  • WorgenFooty2 - Cavman
  • ZergOverlord - killst4r
Skins:
  • Baradin Bay Slums - Red
  • Draenei Priest - FrIkY

Level 3
The western horde are a tiny bit broken after the patch. Totem Warrior reverted back to tauren, upgrades for the spirit walker moved to the totem appropriately but you can now train spirit walkers from both the spirit lodge and the totem... Don't know if that should be fixed, it's hilarious and annoying at the same time...

Level 2
The Burning Legion's Diabolists are broken, their Ritual of Summoning requires Necromancer Adept Training. Their summon duration upgrade and the upgrade that turns one of the wrath guards into a succubus also haven't been merged like standard melee Necromancers' equivalents have. The duration upgrade also requires Halls of the Dead.

Level 26
The Burning Legion's Diabolists are broken, their Ritual of Summoning requires Necromancer Adept Training. Their summon duration upgrade and the upgrade that turns one of the wrath guards into a succubus also haven't been merged like standard melee Necromancers' equivalents have. The duration upgrade also requires Halls of the Dead.
"synergy" is your best bet then.

Level 4
Played'em, loved'em, here's what I gotta say:

•Terrain. The maps are expansive, vast, and the inclusion of numerous buildings to make it feel like you're in the depths of civilization is a welcome change of scenery as most OG WC3 maps take place in the wilderness. Another touch that felt weird at first was the inclusion of neutral "Citizen" units littering the map. However, it quickly became welcome as it makes the maps feel lived in. They also serve a mechanical utility for those who're more dastardly minded— using them for unit collision against an enemy army when retreating or as convenient corpses when playing as Undead.

•Items. Adding shops that feature gear from the Rexxar campaign (including stat and EXP boosting tomes!) is a great way to shake up the game and make a player reevaluate whether they should pump up their heroes or invest in the traditional playstyle of investing in their army (or strike a balance between the two). The inclusion of a gold/lumber exchange also allows players who're maybe beaten out of a resource to stay in the game. All in all it's great, and the only thing we could ask for is more: for instance, the faction item shops feature little to no change. New shops with custom items or adding custom items in faction built shops is the only way this could get even more hype (like the fact I can buy goblin landmines in the Dark Horde shop in and of itself makes me want to play them more than I already did).

•Heroes. Some custom heroes are flawless while others feel mid or half-baked. For a flawless example: the Blood Elf Ranger is perfect. Everything about her toolkit is strong, useful, and thematically on point so she feels wonderful to play (with guerilla tactics I've managed to beat insane AI, late game, solo with just this hero and some towers to keep the base safe). Meanwhile, the Naga Defiler of the Grove (great name btw) feels pretty good too. Everything about his kit is aimed to be obnoxious (in a good way) from raining down storms, turning precious lumber into ents, and being able to clone himself— his harassing and slippery playstyle matches his model and voice lines perfectly.

But on the mid-end of the spectrum: the Naga Enchantress is giving mixed signals. All of her base abilities seem to be built for support, yet she's a melee attacker and her ult is a steroid/buff for only herself. To make her kit flow better I'd suggest making her ranged and giving her ult a toggle effect so she can cast on others (like "Bloodlust" thereby enchanting them). This way the player has to weigh whether they want to roid-out their army or hold mana in reserve for healing or a quick teleport.

For my final example: The Jujumancer. I like this hero. His icon is dope, his model is dope, I'm always a sucker for Rokhan's voice lines, and the Demon Hunter poses/movements are weirdly fitting for a troll. However, his toolkit is not cohesive, instead feeling like a vague amalgamation of ideas that're thematically appropriate but really just boil down to "cool stuff." And that stings me because I want to love this hero. So with no disrespect, purely from a place of gratitude and wanting it to improve, I'm going suggest edits for his toolkit.

I'll be working backwards from his ult since a AoE movement/accuracy debuff is solid. It also sets the philosophy for his interaction/playstyle going forward— feeling like a weird hybrid between a hero who could be a 1-v-1 duelist or provides a "we've got the high ground" feeling to support a player's army.

Quintessent Bolt — Renamed from "Shadow Bolt" since juju is supernatural energy and quintessence is just that, essence, the abstract yet fundamental of nature of something that makes it what it is (soul, spirit, ect). As for re-tooling this ability, I'd actually take a note from Storm Bolt and add a stun. However, the stun remains at 1 second regardless of the abilities level, the benefit coming from the fact that it branches and hits multiple targets. The idea of this addition is to cushion an engagement so your units get a slight edge by swinging first, or to use it to stall an enemy army in the event you need to retreat, turning Jujumancer into both the tip of the spear and the rear-guard as needed.
(another tweak, though this may be harder to implement, would be dialing the stun time dependent on present enemies. 4 Bolt jumps vs 4 Enemies = 1sec Stun per target. 4 Bolt Jumps vs 2 Enemies = 2sec stun per target. 4 Bolt Jumps vs 1 Enemy = 4sec stun per target)

Wicked Mojo — Removing "Shadow Form" entirely and perhaps liquidating it into a passive akin to something like Blademaster. Level 1 could be a damage buff, Level 2 it becomes ranged like in Shadow Form, and Level 3 the damage becomes typed Chaos damage. My personal bias preference would be something more like this tho: Level1 attacks gain Cleave | Level2 attacks gain Feedback | Level3 attacks gain Ranged against air units ('cause the infernal fireball animation is dope)

External Demons — a play on the phrase "inner demons" like he's manifesting people's bad vibes into a tangible threat that replaces "Shadow Image." For re-tooling I'd actually invert its current function: make a non-permeant copy of one of your own units with no casting abilities but can attack.
Instead I'd make it as permeant as Rexxar's bear in the campaign (lasts until killed or re-cast), don't allow it to attack, but allow it to cast abilities and emit auras. This way you can combo this with the Dark Horde's Shadow Priest's "Dark Bargain" ability or simply borrow the utility of casters from other factions— because the last change I'd make is to allow it to target anyone other than a Jujumancer. BUT, when targeting enemy heroes (and your own) it will only spawn at that hero's current level or no higher than level 5 (that way you can't just steal the best ults in the game or have a 4th 10th-level hero). This design incentives cloning casters, who're already pretty frail, and made more so by the "this clone takes more damage" part of the spell.

•The Trickster & Infestation. The Naga's little Satyr dude needs a bug fix and a massive buff. First, the bug: his "Infestation" ability can only target Tree of Life. So if Night Elves upgrade to Ages or Eternity, this ability immediately becomes obsolete. Furthermore, aside from being able to target any tier of Night Elf home structure, this ability should be able to target the home building of any faction at any tier. Otherwise it will never see play.
It already won't see play because: it takes all of the Satyr's mana to cast, it cannot be cast until your own home building is tier3, it takes and entire minute to channel (therefore you're rooted and unable to move or do anything), and the Satyr gets a "I take more damage while casting this" debuff.
All of that is actually fine, the theft of someone's HQ should be a daunting task— what isn't fine is the payoff which is an Ancient who just makes spiders and more Tricksters + needs to tier up for harpies who only have faerie fire + tier up again for wildkin + has an upgrade for Ancients but this Ancient is the only one you have! Getting this building, let alone keeping it alive, let alone tiering it up is NOT worth some Wildkin at best.
I love this concept, but the Corrupted Ancient needs insane payoff to match it's insane demands to acquire.

Last edited:
Level 2
good map

i suggest adding illidan stormrage in the naga faction.
and rework the model of other races , increase the tomes to 3-5 cuz i like playing gods >:>
and the demon legion removing the hydra (from starcraft) to infernal and doom and those blue ghost (forgot name)
and the temple of the dammed can't get the upg cuz need the "halls of the dead" idk what that is but it dont show up when i go to building.

and the tavern too, the heroes don't show up.

Last edited: