• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Strange issue I noticed with Spellbreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was playing around with a custom map today and I noticed something odd about the Spellbreaker unit. Their base stats say they have 2 medium armor, and 600 HP. Ok that's fine nothing that interesting there.

HOWEVER when I use the "Test Map" feature, for some reason they ALWAYS have -3- -HEAVY- armor and -650- HP

I can make a custom unit based off of the Spellbreaker and it does the same thing. Even with its values showing as 2 medium armor and 600 HP it will have the same in-game stats as the above when using "Test Map" (Note: It appears normally if you go IN game and play that way. This only seems to effect Test Map.)

If you change their stats to be something custom (ex. 7 unarmored armor and 700 HP) the change will take effect. But if you want the 'default' (non purple text) of medium armor, 600hp, or 2 armor value it will ALWAYS change it for some reason in 'Test Map'.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this weird enigma in 'Test Map' when it appears as normal if you launch your map through the game? Does 'Test Map' test a specific older version of the game where their stats were different perhaps?

And is there any other units you have ever noticed to have this strange behaviour in 'Test Map'?

Level 6
I think that's because of Scenario - Map Options - Game Data Set.
Depending on which is selected, the game might load older data values, thus overwriting default data.

Amazing! You hit the nail right on the head, I switched it to melee - latest patch and then launched it, and voila! Spellbreakers what their default stats SHOULD be, as opposed to the weird ones they get from what I assume is an older patch, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.