• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issues with "Test Map" changing Armor types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello there! So I'm fairly novice when it comes to certain features in the World Editor. I've figured out a lot of stuff over the years on my own or with help from guides on here, but some things that should be simple still elude me as to how they happen.

Most recently, I've noticed that the "Test Map" feature I used to use all the time now changes units armor types? I've never noticed this on such a big scale as recently. I know for some reason Spell Breakers were showing as Heavy armor when I used "Test Map" instead of medium, but now it seems almost ALL units have different values in "Test Map" than when I actually load the map up.

For example, when I use "Test Map" Footman, ghouls, Huntresses and various others seem to have 'Medium' armor and for some strange reason it tells me Medium armor takes full damage from all sources. Then ranged units like Archers, Riflemen, Troll Headhunters, Crypt Fiends, etc. seem to have Small armor?

I never noticed this on such a large scale before recently, and it's somewhat annoying because I tend to use "Test Map" to compare damage between/equality between units so I rely on the proper armor types. Does anyone know why this is happening, or a way to get around it? Or am I doomed to have to load the map up in game with every change I make from here forward?

Level 8
Did u try savi g the map and then starting it directly ingame to check if it will change it still

Edit: scratch that i didnt finish reading. Also i never had or noticed this issue

Edit 2 : in editor u can check the overall settings of it. Maybe there is a setting for it like for the same random seed when you boot it through test map

Level 6
It loads the proper armor types when I go directly in game, I just find it strange that suddenly it doesn't do that in the "Test Map" feature. I never had issues with it doing that before.

It's not like a HUGE issue, just mildly inconvenient that any time I make a change for balance reasons I need to save, open wc3, launch the map in there to test the change, and then go back instead of being able to use the built in "Test Map" feature since it now changes the armor types giving me improper results.

TBH I am just curious if this is a new change Blizz made or something? Or if there is a setting I somehow messed with or a way to turn it off. If not then I suppose I'll have to suck it up and load it up in game every time :cry:

Level 11
Status
Not open for further replies.