• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Campaign issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi

I am not sure if this is mistaken for a trigger issue, in this case, sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

I have two maps. 'Test Map 1' and 'Test Map 2'. When Test Map 1 is completed, I would like it to continue to Test Map 2.

I did this trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Footman 0005 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Game - Set the next level to Maps\Test Map 2.w3m
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Skip scores)
And inside the campaign editor, it is stated as it is combined from the first map to the second. No map titles are red or blue in the campaign editor.
I either want it to automatically continue to Test Map 2 or unlock the campaign button in the campaign menu in the game, when the first map is won.

All I can do is make only Test Map 1 campaign button show, or both if I enable both in the campaign editor > loading screen > edit button > visible (option).

Do I miss a trigger or possibly a cache? I followed the link for a campaign guide I have linked down below, but it says nothing about my issue sadly. :(

Making a Basic Campaign

Level 11
First, make sure both your maps are included in your campaign (it seems to be the case, since you don't have red map title)
In order to display the campaign button, you may use the trigger Show custom campaign button X.
But I think your problem comes from your map path: try removing Maps\ before Maps\Test Map 2.w3m
Also, be careful to one thing: your map file is a .w3m, which is a Reign of Chaos map. If you modify your map with Frozen Throne features, it will become .w3x, and then you will have to change the map path in the trigger.

• Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set the next level to XYZ.w3x
      • Game - Show custom campaign button 5
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Skip dialogs, Skip scores)
You don't need cache unless you want to store heroes (or other data) from one map to another.

Level 8
First, make sure both your maps are included in your campaign (it seems to be the case, since you don't have red map title)
In order to display the campaign button, you may use the trigger Show custom campaign button X.
But I think your problem comes from your map path: try removing Maps\ before Maps\Test Map 2.w3m
Also, be careful to one thing: your map file is a .w3m, which is a Reign of Chaos map. If you modify your map with Frozen Throne features, it will become .w3x, and then you will have to change the map path in the trigger.
You don't need cache unless you want to store heroes (or other data) from one map to another.

But I do have both maps included and I even tried enabling the visible option and both maps showed up in the campaign menu in the game.
I just want them to not be visible at the start, but become visible as you complete the acts you know. Sorry if that is actually what you are trying to tell me, I just don't get it then lol.

Edit: But I think what I need is the trigger 'show next campaign button'?

Level 11
If you want the icons not to be visible at the start, set your campaign options like this:
Sans_titre.png
To do so, in the Loading Screen tab, double-click on the first map, make sure the Visible (first time campaign is loaded) box is checked.
Now double-click on the second map, and unckeck the Visible box: it will not be seen first time someone plays your campaign.

To make the next button visible when first mission is won, use the trigger I showed you before (Game - Show custom campaign button X), along with the trigger which sets the next level. :csmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.