• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign <--×-- Jass Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Damn Damn Damn. Why the hell I cannot run/test my map in campaign when (I use jass systems in their trigger editor)?

For example I import "simError" system into trigger editor of my map in my campaign but ... When I want to test it, map will not run (only show black screen) It is same about custom resources system :(

And the map will run correctly when I export it o_O

help!!

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I assume these system are vJASS and thus require JASSHelper.
If you use JNGP you can save these maps and play them. However if you import them into a campaign and edit them from within the campaign editor, it is actually a different type of map editor. This map editor does not support vJASS.

You must edit your maps with the normal editor. When you want to play the campaign, import this map and do not edit the map from the campaign editor anymore. If you want to edit the map, edit the original map, delete the map in the campaign editor and add the original map again.

It's probably the same with other editors that allow vJASS. In general you should avoid editing maps from within the campaign editor, as the are probably more differences between the normal map editor and the map editor when editing campaign maps.

Level 10
I assume these system are vJASS and thus require JASSHelper.
If you use JNGP you can save these maps and play them. However if you import them into a campaign and edit them from within the campaign editor, it is actually a different type of map editor. This map editor does not support vJASS.

You must edit your maps with the normal editor. When you want to play the campaign, import this map and do not edit the map from the campaign editor anymore. If you want to edit the map, edit the original map, delete the map in the campaign editor and add the original map again.

It's probably the same with other editors that allow vJASS. In general you should avoid editing maps from within the campaign editor, as the are probably more differences between the normal map editor and the map editor when editing campaign maps.

This is really useful info. Just for clarification, can I add vJASS systems to the map, then import it to campaign and then edit other stuff and leave the systems alone, or that will break the systems too?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
This is really useful info. Just for clarification, can I add vJASS systems to the map, then import it to campaign and then edit other stuff and leave the systems alone, or that will break the systems too?
No you can't. The map script is created whenever the map is saved. If you have vJASS in your map and you save the map, JASSHelper must be active, because only JASSHelper can compile vJASS and create the map script from it.
The map script contains not only your triggers, but also all units placed in the map for example. Because of this it is always created when the map is saved.

Level 10
No you can't. The map script is created whenever the map is saved. If you have vJASS in your map and you save the map, JASSHelper must be active, because only JASSHelper can compile vJASS and create the map script from it.
The map script contains not only your triggers, but also all units placed in the map for example. Because of this it is always created when the map is saved.

I see. In that case, the plausible solution might be importing the map to the campaign, placing terrain, units and everything, than saving outside the campaign, adding vJASS scripts, save again and then add the map to the campaign and don't save it anymore. What a hussle

Status
Not open for further replies.