• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

stoping a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Stoping a unit when spell is activated.

How would i go about make a unit unable to move when a spell is activate.

desired effect:

unit activates searing arrow.

unit is unable to move when it is activated.

thank you for any help you can give:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
I tried that and all it did was make the unit stop but with one click could continue on its way.

what i am looking for is when a ability is activated such as searing arrow, the unit will be unable to move until the spell is deactivated.

it is possible that i did not use the trigger correctly so if it can be done with 'set movement speed' please give me an example of the trigger.

Level 19
  • Custom Script: call UnitRemoveAbility(GetTriggerUnit(),'Amov')
this will remove units move-patrol ability
  • Custom Script: call UnitAddAbility(GetTriggerUnit(),'Amov')
dont forget to add it later

Level 2
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Aim Shot_test
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(GetTriggerUnit(),'Amov')
this is what i tried with no effect.

I trust you know what you taking about but could you please explain it a bit more in detail.

thank you for your help need_02

Level 19
'Amov' ability is units moving ability
if you remove it unit will act like a building
It wont be able to move and its move-patrol actions will be removed
re-add the ability after you finish the spell

AND ITS "O" not 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 11
From what I've tried, adding back the 'move' doesn't seem to work for me. Removing it works fine, but adding it back doesn't always work.

Level 3
i tried this out and i'm having a problem re-adding the skill Amov once it's been taken, i think the problem is i'm not using a triggering unit. i've tried
call UnitAddAbilityBJ('Amov',udg_unit[1]), and
call UnitAddAbility(udg_unit[1],'Amov') but i'm guessing the unitaddability wants a function for the destination or somethin because it's not working right now

Level 11
As far as I know, its straight out impossible to give back the move ability once its been taken, find a different way. Perhaps you could wait for a unit to do any kind of move order, then order the unit to stop

Level 2
Ok guys first off, thanks for all the suggestions.

I have been out all night drinking so i won't be able to try them right now but will do tomorrow and lets you know what works.

what i am looking for is whats done in the drakonia rpg so i can make a hunter class hero have aim shot and not be able to move when activated but have bonus damage.

i thought about using defend but that just slows the units movement and not stop it.

once again thank you all for your help.:thumbs_up:

I am also looking for help with making an rpg. if intrested pm me and maybe we can get on vent and get some ideas going.

Status
Not open for further replies.