• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

StarTools BETA NOW Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture63919.png

160036-albums4747-picture63918.png

We’re currently preparing our StarTools suite of 3ds Max plugins for initial release to the public in Beta form
and are looking for testers!

StarTools is a collection of custom-built plugins for 3ds Max 2011 which comprise the very tools that the
StarCraft II Art Team uses to create all of the models in the game. With these tools, 3D artists can
create textured and animated 3D models for StarCraft II custom mods, complete with all of the shader
materials and particle effects available to the development team.

Requirements to participate in the StarTools Beta:
  • 3ds Max 2011
  • Experience in 3D modeling and/or animation
  • Texture or photo editing software able to save .tga files

The initial Closed Beta release will be limited to a select group of testers chosen out of this forum thread,
and expanded testing will be ongoing during the remainder of the StarCraft II:HotS Beta. Once
validated, the official release of StarTools will coincide with the 2.0 version of StarCraft II and will be
available to both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm owners.

If you meet the requirements stated above and you’d like to help test StarTools, please reply to the
thread to opt-in.

Thanks!

Link

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Wow, these posts get thicker and thicker. My 1280x1024 can't even display my user cp!

Good thing my resolution is 1920x1080. But yeah, that isn't fair for aero snap (which I always use).

Do I have any hope running 3ds max with Core 2 Duo?

id be more then interested! iv preordered HotS so i own both liberty and soon in march HotS as well!

iv model edited for wc3 only briefly, but have plenty of ideas for sc2 models!!!! =D

EDIT: I also have some animation experience! and i Use photoshop cs3 which can save tga files !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.