1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Start to Terraforming Mars in the Next 50 years!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NoAmmoSrry, May 16, 2009.

1. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I meant science, sorry....

And it is not a plan, it is just some facts added.

2. BlackArmsShadow

BlackArmsShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    The oxygen for terraforming Mars would disappear quickly due to the planet's lack of a magnetosphere, right?

3. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I think so.

4. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Colonizing another planet is too hard at the moment. Imagine starting all over....on another planet....with our problems still here on earth.....imagine the viruses, technological problems, moral problems, etc etc that would pop up if we attempted to colonize another planet. It would be a completely different culture on mars. Mexicans and Americans have different views, do you think that Martian Humans and Earth Humans would have same views? It would eventually change and then you got more problems that would arise. Oh, and the fact that the alien races will come destroy us so we don't advance too much, but that is something else =D

5. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some of you forgot to mention about earth is pollution. Think about china for example. Other one (alot mentioned) is overpopulation. Think about china for example yet again! So the main thingy to do is simple: KILL ALL AMERICANs for inventing McDonalds & Chinese for overpopulating!

Not to be racist, thats just a suggestion...to be honest, what would we do with nuclear bombs? We cant just throw them in a HUUUUGe trashcan you know.

As for what someone mentioned, war is kinda good way to keep from overpopulating earth. Also: Terrorism : good or bad thing? For this: GOOD, for real: BAD!

My suggestion ammount: 2
    Suggestion 1: KILL ALL AMERICANS & CHINESE (no racism, no :smile:)
    OR
    Suggestion 2: make Terminator into reality. IM NOT JOKIN WITH THIS!...even tho it might mean the end of humanity :grin:

EDIT: As for terraforming mars, its not really a bad idea, but what would we do about temperature?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  6. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's also kill everyone in the country you live in. Why? Because I feel like it.

7. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please never try to be funny again. And if you respond with "I wasn't trying to be funny" you're still not funny.

You too.

Yours actually has a really deep thoughtful theory though. Humans balance each other through conflict and killing each other. It prevents over population, although now our means of killing each other might doom us all either way.

Ironic then, that while we stride for World Peace, World Peace might just be the death of us all.

As for the title of the thread, I didn't bother reading through 4 pages, but I'll respond to the title directly: Its not going to happen, for a plethora of reasons, its not going to happen. And I don't just mean in the next 50 years.

8. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm...you have a point there. I didnt either believe in that to happen, but either way if we success in it, it would probably take longer than 100years wich could mean end of the world for different reasons, like pollution or something.

Either way, were all doomed already. No matter what would happen.

As for you, i dont really care much if you kill all at the country i live in, i wouldnt give a damn. For the USA part, there are some people worth saving tbh, but it still kinda pisses me off because ive seen more than enough people at america who are like 300kg and die because of some health reason - in other words - McDonald. As for chinese, its seriously over populated and its polluting alot (not 100% sure about that one). If that plan would be put into reality, it would be like a heavens gift.
    PS: my signature says it all.

Would be better if u exactly say what word 'Funny' means, because tell me, is it joy to live or not? Answer: NOT, because we live so we can die, and death only takes joy away. Other than that, think if we would live forever. You live for like 5million years, and you would try to kill yourself every day after about 100-200 years because of mainly boredom.
    PS: dont mind about me, i love makin crappy jokes wich arent even funny.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  9. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Viruses have killed more people than people have ever been able to. I'll accept that nukes might give us the ability to cause the massive genocide we were never able to achieve.
    Normally when I say this it only affects the person I'm talking to, but this time it's different.

By saying it is impossible, you make it impossible. There will never be enough funding for this if everyone thinks it is impossible. Your attitude and words are the only thing that make it impossible.

10. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Go go go Ecospheres!!!

11. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    In todays news, fresh air hits Beijing, thousands die.

12. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No actually... its because of limitations in our resources that we won't possibly be able to do so in such a small time frame.

Will has nothing to do with the issue, since even if I had the Will to try I'd still fail miserably. The whole "If there is a Will there's a way" is just plain bullshit really, if there is no then way don't bother investing your time and energy in it and go for something more productive.

13. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you an expert on the resources it requires to do this task, and the resources that are possible to extract from the Earth?

If so, please enlighten me.
    In such the case that success is impossible, yes. If success is possible, however, then the only thing that determines whether or not it gets done is will.
    I agree.

14. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, I suppose I'm not an expert so I can't really conclude on that point. But I'm sure if you were to find someone who has the information you're looking for you'd get generally the same answer. Terraforming mars in the small time frame of 50 years is very unlikely, given we don't even have the capabilities to solve our own problems here on Earth.

Call it an educated guess, you'll have to do the research yourself if you're interested further.

And of course Will would play a factor if it was possible, I predict that it isn't possible so "Will" has nothing to do with it (Based on my prediction, then again I COULD be wrong)

15. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    you got the point. With current situations goin on earth its just not possible to do it in 50 years. My guess is that it would take closer to 100, maybe 200 years.

16. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, how about nuclear powered under water housings?