• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Start to Terraforming Mars in the Next 50 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
By saying it is impossible, you make it impossible. There will never be enough funding for this if everyone thinks it is impossible. Your attitude and words are the only thing that make it impossible.

No actually... its because of limitations in our resources that we won't possibly be able to do so in such a small time frame.

Will has nothing to do with the issue, since even if I had the Will to try I'd still fail miserably. The whole "If there is a Will there's a way" is just plain bullshit really, if there is no then way don't bother investing your time and energy in it and go for something more productive.

Level 27
its because of limitations in our resources that we won't possibly be able to do so
Are you an expert on the resources it requires to do this task, and the resources that are possible to extract from the Earth?

If so, please enlighten me.
Will has nothing to do with the issue, since even if I had the Will to try I'd still fail miserably.
In such the case that success is impossible, yes. If success is possible, however, then the only thing that determines whether or not it gets done is will.
if there is no then way don't bother investing your time and energy in it and go for something more productive.
I agree.

Level 17
Are you an expert on the resources it requires to do this task, and the resources that are possible to extract from the Earth?

If so, please enlighten me.

In such the case that success is impossible, yes. If success is possible, however, then the only thing that determines whether or not it gets done is will.

No, I suppose I'm not an expert so I can't really conclude on that point. But I'm sure if you were to find someone who has the information you're looking for you'd get generally the same answer. Terraforming mars in the small time frame of 50 years is very unlikely, given we don't even have the capabilities to solve our own problems here on Earth.

Call it an educated guess, you'll have to do the research yourself if you're interested further.

And of course Will would play a factor if it was possible, I predict that it isn't possible so "Will" has nothing to do with it (Based on my prediction, then again I COULD be wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.