• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarDestroyer

Keywords:
star wars space ship
Contents

StarDestroyer (Model)

Level 1
Yeah it's an Impreail Star Destroyer. But i just think it is a Class I (just by the color, not a dark grey ^^)

How did you see if it is a Class II or a Class I ? :)

Level 10
Actually, it is neither I nor II (the plans it is based on are not specifically said to be from I or II, but I think the photos of a small scale model I used for reference were from a Class I), I just said Class II because I felt like saying "Hey, do you think I don't know what's the name of this ship? Who do you take me for?" :p
I didn't know that Class II were supposed to be dark grey, are you sure?

Level 10
I did, but I just couldn't find the time to finish the job, so I posted this version. The problem was that your version still needed some work (not much I agree) and I have quite a lot of work now that I have decided to stop wc3 modding and concentrate on drawing and painting. Don't think that I'm not grateful for your work (which I am for sure), it's just that there was still some work to do to finish it so I thought I'd post this less perfect but more finished-looking version.

Level 17
The polycount is high also because the death animation use a duplicate of the previous geosets. So the polycount is just doubled. There's an option to change the skin through animations that could be useful(like in hellscream model). Thought it was worth to mention if someone will want to finish it.

Level 1
IN fact i said "dark grey" because i am based on the games "Rebellion" and "X-Wing Alliance".

In these games the only difference between Class I and II (except the number of turbolasers and the power shield of course ^^) that i noticed were their size ( II > I ) and the color (Class I is more blanck, and Class II more grey).

It's just a constataion. In StarWars Movies i don't noticed that Imperial Star Destroyers are really differents ^^

PS : Excuse me for my horrible english, i really have to practise and improve it >_<

Level 10
Munemasa, are you saying I stole it from this AoTC thinggie watsit? I did this model myself, I don't even know what AoTC is! Besides, it wouldn't have these small flaws if I had stolen it. I can prove it: though the subforum in which I posted WIP pictures of it at wc3c got deleted recently, I can send you images of the WIP model if you want.

Level 5
If anyone needs a low poly version of this, wait for my release. I made a long time ago a low poly Star Destroyer. The only thing it is missing is animations, however, as stated before, I will release all my models at one time.

Level 10
Hehe, yes, I'm quite proud of the death anim since it was all done in mdl, I think it looks good.
Day-of-the-Apocalypse, I'm officially retired from wc3 modding although I still visit the forums from time to time, so I won't edit the model. However, if you feel inclined to do the modifications you suggested yourself, why not?