• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[StarCraft ZoneControl] Recruiting Modeler, animator and 2d artist for a big project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The title pretty much sais it all. If you're interested and have the skills; check out www.sczonecontrol.nl and contact me.

Q&A:

What's the project about?
I started with it 7 years ago, a simple GUI-based map, pretty much copying the existing custom map as it was in StarCraft (1). From there I built on it and improved it.

A few years back, other people started helping me out, changing all the GUI code into JASS (it had gotten too complicated to properly work with GUI).

From there it has been hard to continue working on the map, since coders started and stopped working on it from time to time, never actually finishing the map.

Where do you currently stand with the project?
I'm working with an excellent JASSer (MaskedPoptart) right now and we're very close to a release version (expected release date: 25 dec).

Then why do you need more people?
The currently used models and textures are old and don't work well. There's that and the fact that there's still so much we can do to make the map even better. Pushing the limit is what it's all about.

What do you require?
You must be able to produce high-quality and low-polygon models or high quality textures or animations. The mediocre stuff, we've got - now it's time to do it properly!

If for some reason there's a big chance you won't have the time or motivation to work on this for a longer period of time, perhaps it's better not to join.

---

Thanks for taking the time to read this, if any questions arise, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited:
Level 9
could we get some screenshots (I cant find any on the site)

Hm. I'm in a tiny bit of doubt here. Screenshots would show not-yet announced features, which I'd like to keep "secret" for a little while longer.

However, if you're interested and promise not to share the images, I'm willing to send them through e-mail (or rapidshare, whichever you prefer).

Level 9
ofcourse, i would love to see some images, besides, why should i tell anyone? Its possibl really superb :D ([email protected]) i will never tell anyone, too bad im not one of the needed ppl, + what is the size of the project? and Warcraft 3 or SC?

Well, the size of the project is relative. In my opinion it's pretty big. It's a multiplayer map, which isn't huge, but everything is custom. From the units, the sounds, to the cursor and the interface. All JASS, too.

It's a warcraft III map with a starcraft theme.

Do you need attachment models?

No, I do not need attachments. EDIT: However, if you possess general knowledge on modeling so we can improve some of the currently used models, that'd be helpful until we can get completely redone models up. Let me know what you think.

Level 9
i have general knowledge in just bout every aspect, and am great at finalizing models, and greatly reducing their filesize ect.. if you find any models you like, send em here, along with the author, so i can get permission to edit em for ya...
i reduced blizzards footman from 100kb~ to like 20 kb

Okay. I'm interested in your services and will contact you directly. Thanks!

{EDIT}
i have general knowledge in just bout every aspect, and am great at finalizing models, and greatly reducing their filesize ect.. if you find any models you like, send em here, along with the author, so i can get permission to edit em for ya...
i reduced blizzards footman from 100kb~ to like 20 kb

I have sent you a message but haven't yet received an answer - did you get it?

---

Anyone else interested? =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
umm just a tip, you can also reduce filesize by removing the premade blizzard models and use BloodyTurdz models :p

only if the files were imported into the map, if there premade, and set up exactly the same, why not use the ones in the mpq which would add 0 to the size XD

Yeah, and that. Then there would be polygon optimization - but that has nothing to do with filesize, just smoothness when there's many units around.

Status
Not open for further replies.