• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Starcraft Zergling War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Starcraft Zergling War
Created by hycoj
Map Info:
you must defend the radar tower enough time to call help
use towers walls and items to kill the bugs and heal your allies.
Also venture a little out of your base at the beginning for gaining more levels as inside of your base you progress slower.
There is 18 bugs the list is
  1. Ordinary giant bug: a melee bug who run and hit
  2. Explosive bug: a bug who explode dealing good damage
  3. Highly explosive bug: a bug who explode dealing high damage and explode on death
  4. Acid bug: a bug spiting acid at mid range
  5. Poison bug: a bug spiting slowing poison at mid range invisible when not attacking and creating illusions
  6. Siege bug: an unit with a long range siege attack
  7. Electric bug: a melee unit with high life who have feedback
  8. Enforcer bug: a melee unit with more life than ordinary bug but less than electric bug and who possess an corruption attack
  9. Shadow bug: an invisible melee bug with poison that does not have clipping and does not appear when attacking.
  10. Splitter bug: a bug with hight life and invisibility. he spawns two enforcer bugs at death
  11. Healing bug: a bug with healing aura
  12. Spider mastermind: a demon with incredible life and damage
  13. Boss: a bug with incredible power
  14. Flying bug: a flying bug with ranged attack and great life and multi-shot but before the aaaa it was hardly visible
  15. Corrupting bug: an bug using some sort of lightning shield,a slow ability and who can enrage when there is not many players units around(watch out when you walk out of your base alone)
  16. Improved soul dissipator: an bug always invisible who can become immortal and cast some sort of spirit link and who splits on death in two soul dissipator.
  17. Soul dissipator: an bug always invisible who have low damage and life with an divine shield variation and cast some sort of howl of terror who reduce the armor; the life regeneration and the damage of his targets.
  18. Heisen bug: Extremely intensely invisible(you will never see him but if you can detect him with a gem of vision your units can auto-target him) can become immortal for 10 seconds have 95% dodge poison his targets and explode on death (his explosion is invisible) but lacks high life and damage. happily you will not see them often as they can not be seen.
Features:
there is a aura based difficulty system(it is it who allows to play with 1 to 10 players also if player 2 is played by a bot he will buy some items) , an item combination system (There is some useful combinations to find) and an advanced wave system
Some else stuff about map:
there is a spidermaster mind
Credits:
Domokun for his sentrygun
Illidan(Evil)X for the spider master mind
ARHIMOND for the roach 3D model
GreeN!X for doing an really good terrain for starcraft zergling war
Ahotnik001 for helping the developement of the map
Original map (the one Hycoj made and from which I made my own version (I am a Meetooist))
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/7643/

do if u thinks its make fun for anyone but put same name there i will load and play test "www.epicwar.com'
very sad when i miss click all warcraft file gone forever. i had not finished add 2 - 3 class ingame . 5 class i built nuke heavy arm
i dont remember at all but bio arm pilot and . . . ahhh i forgot my script paper.
hope u fun
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 19:14:41 +0100
Subject: zergling war
To: [email protected]

I made an altered version of starcraft zergling war does I have the right to distribute this version on hive workshop

Renforcements
135677d1401559896-starcraft-zergling-war-before-victory.jpg

Victory
135676d1401559896-starcraft-zergling-war-victory.jpg

Global sight of the map
135671d1401544667-starcraft-zergling-war-scrnewterrain.jpg

Global sight of the original map
134407d1397737653-starcraft-zergling-war-image5.png

Added the skill lightning pulse to the soldier in replacement of shockwave.
0.02 Changed terrain a little.
0.03 Changed some tooltips corrected a bug with tesla pulse system and changed terrain also made a Recipice work again.
0.04 Changed more the terrain.
0.05 Changed healing bug model(it was too much hard to reconise) changed the terrain and increased exp gain when killing hight level bugs.
0.06 Added a new specie and changed some tooltips.
0.07 Added a new specie.changed spawning triggers and P2 triggers and changed terrain edges
0.08 Fixed an error and improved the aura system
0.09 Tested an new 3D model
0.10 Added a new specie and lowered tome of power price (800 was excessive no one would buy it)
0.11 Made 10 times less buggy the initial dialog.
0.12 Corrected an error for tesla pulse system.
0.13 Through to balance and changed some things.
0.13 Fixed random things.
0.14 Added quests in the questlog and done random balance.
0.15 corrected an error with the upgraded special mc gun and added random speech.
0.16 added two species added an ability to healing bug and improved bug spawning triggers.
0.17 GreeN!X made an awesome terrain for starcraft zergling war.
0.18 Changed some tooltips and lowered some bugs stats.
0.19 Corrected some bugs with tesla pulse system.
0.20 Created an new specie.
0.21 Added an timer.
0.22 Mystic aaaa test.
0.22 Reduced Ias of aaaa and corrected an bug with the bugs reduced also aaaa life because they could soak up too much damage
0.23 Halved aaaa life and damage and gave an fourth level to Tesla pulse system and Mystic aaaa sumoning aaaa and added two levels to healing wave.

This map is in development and many things are badly made and there is a lack of content and originality
So I need to hear feedback and suggestion of people for correcting bugs and making the map less horrible
stzewa.7z contains all the old versions.

Attachments

• Image5.png
    Image5.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 869
  • Starcraft Zergling Warv014.w3x
    513.8 KB · Views: 84
  • stzewa.7z
    3.8 MB · Views: 77
  • Starcraft Zergling Warv015.w3x
    514.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Starcraft Zergling Warv016.w3x
    514.9 KB · Views: 87
  • scrnewterrain.jpg
    scrnewterrain.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 655
  • SZW v017.w3x
    545.8 KB · Views: 65
  • victory.jpg
    victory.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 591
  • before victory.jpg
    before victory.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 576
  • SZW v018.w3x
    546.1 KB · Views: 81
  • SZW v019.w3x
    546.7 KB · Views: 75
  • SZW v020.w3x
    546.9 KB · Views: 90
  • SZW v021.w3x
    547 KB · Views: 77
  • SZW v022.w3x
    547.6 KB · Views: 89
  • SZW v023.w3x
    548.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 14
I forgot to post the downloading link sorry for forgotting.
The terrain have been changed I would really like to see some one saying if it became even more ugly or not as I am completely unable to know if the new terrain I made is better or worse than previous one

Last edited:
Level 4
i like Sc, also why don't you use the models from site? there are a lot of models from sc. + work some more on terrain.

Level 14
In fact I find the mutalisk model wierd. I do not know why.
Even if it is a good 3D model I would find strange to add it.
I do not Know any 3D model going well with the healing bug (I tried a new model but it does not convince me).
The ultralisk 3D model is so much hudge (the map is already long to load).
I can not find the banneling and I do not know if it would be good for my map.
The blizzard hydralisk just look too much common and the hydralisk on hiveworkshop is based on it and they both looks unstable (how does it stand on his tail).
I could make the siege bug have the guardian 3D model and make it flying if I had the 3D model.
I could put the roach 3D model to the acid bug if I had it.

Last edited:
Level 14
Bump.
Is there is any balance suggestion or idea for making the game play funnier or critics (like "I hate this map and it should be removed" or "you should scrap all those concepts and make a map where you click on tornado for preventing a city from being destroyed").

Last edited:
Level 14
Bump.
I were trying to make a desert environment but what happens is that i do not know how to terrain and i did not found any tutorial on making an desert terrain.
Perhaps I should try another type of environment.
(I do not know why but people seems to find this map so useless and bad that they do not even say it is horrible because it would be a waste of time)

Level 14
The latest version is usually the most advanced (The one with the highest number is the latest).
Thanks for proposing help.
You can change like you want the layout if you think it will make better the terrain.
I will look at what you will make in the mini mapping contest for knowing a little how yours terrains look.
Packed all the old maps in one 7z and made smaller and newer screenshots.
new specie preview
135577d1401292626-starcraft-zergling-war-scrn-5.jpg

Attachments

• scrn 5.jpg
    scrn 5.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Level 14
Bump.
There is an new terrain made by GreeN!X and some more indications on how to win (As I do not know if players think to buy an gem of vision wich is needed for fighting the shadow bugs and the Soul dissipators).

Level 14
bump.
What should be added next.
I through to make an poll what items, builds and tactics do you use but I instantly through to the fact that the majority of the ones voting in this poll would not have played to the map as there is less people who played this map than posts in this thread.
I have added an even more invisible bug (I will not show an screen-shot as it can not be seen) who is the ultimate version of the explosive bug and an real threat if you do not have a way to see invisible.

Last edited:
Level 8
It is nice map.
When I was playin your map I was mising timer which will tell me how long must I hold:)
If you want one and dont know how to create it you can ctrl+c and ctrl+v trigger from my map:D

Level 14
Reply to aple
They are hd zergs and would not fit together with wc3 stuff and bugs and if I add one of them it will increase by many the map size except if I compress but it will look bad compared to something small initially who would be made for looking good with low textures and low poly but your proposition would have been an good idea if I wanted to make an 8 mb map(I do not want an so much huge map because it would take many time to download and to launch)
Reply to Retria
Added an timer(as asked)

Level 14
Bump / update
Which thing would you like to see in my map?
I have absolutely no idea of what to do in my map and no one speak of errors I make and so I do not find any while it must be full of them.
If anyone have any comment on how bad is my map and what I must do I would thank him (even if it is "your map sucks it should be removed")

Status
Not open for further replies.