• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Starcraft:Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This is a project which shall rebuild the StarCraft campaign, add some melee maps(I'm not sure all the races can be fit in, I'll try.) And add some new units to the mix maybe.

EDIT: and it will be based on Warcraft 3's gaming engine.

Criticism is appreciated(Let it be as helpful as possible though.)

Team members(Many thanks, consider this my credits till the campaigns and maps are released):
Dat-C3
Me, ofcourse!
Ender?

I support these projects:
Argos, rise of elements
EchoStorm

I will also except any signature for our project(Only the supportive and generous may apply joke :grin:)
If anyone is good in these subjects, please apply for the SC: Reborn project:
Modeling(Someone's gotta make the units come to life, we do not need a standard marine model though. A Jim Raynor model, both vulture and marine would be nice though.)
Terrain(Some foresty terrains would be nice, but if not possible then do natural SC terrain)
Trigger Aids(These are to help me make sure everything runs smoothly, I will attempt most triggers in this game)
Idealists(Practically anyone can probably be this, in short terms. You help me come up with ideas for the mod's new units, within boundaries. We WILL NOT have a protoss unit on the side of the terrans unless you come up with a good story for it.)
Storyliners, these come up with storylines for the 'bonus' missions.

many thanks to those that help! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Last edited:
Level 15
I'm going to do SC:1 first then broodwar.
One of the bonus missions I plan to be the moment where Raynor goes to search for Kerrigan after she went off contact after the invasion of the confederacy capital via the Zerg.

And I plan on firstly doing the Campaign first, although some ideas on how I can fit fully all the zerg and protoss and terran units would be nice. Darn the 75 MB only system!
And Dat welcome to the team!

Many thanks for peaking interest in this project, I'm giving you all rep because of yer interest.
Also, another of the missions will be the one in which Raynor steals the Hyperion, aswell as maybe flashback missions of Raynor and Findley.

And I'm thinking of giving ghosts a more psychic arsenal, as well as more covert op abilities. Most will be custom made via triggers and such.

Level 35
i'm not unsupporting it, i'm just saying it's nothing 'great'

to be 'great' it has to be revolutionary, something new, something anticipated, something unexplored

this will simply serve to allow owners of warcraft 3 to play the starcraft campaign without getting starcraft or the mod for starcraft 2

Level 28
i'm not unsupporting it, i'm just saying it's nothing 'great'

to be 'great' it has to be revolutionary, something new, something anticipated, something unexplored

this will simply serve to allow owners of warcraft 3 to play the starcraft campaign without getting starcraft or the mod for starcraft 2

Okay I respect your decision.

Level 7
if you haven't done bunkers or carriers yet, i could do both of those easily.

also are you planning on using a point armor reduction system?(to make it more Sc like)

Edit: the systems for bunkers and carriers, i am not artistically talented

Edit2: add new units to the mix,I know, you could make aqueous rift!(it was a mod for starcraft that looked awesome but never released anything it introduced sea units to starcraft, and was originally called water starcraft but that was discontinued due to bla-zard.)

Last edited:
Level 15
Hrrmm, I do love naval warfare. And OMG I need the bunker system, also make sure it removes the firing ability if the garrison leaves or the bunker is destroyed. This was a bug me and a friend of mine found on SC 1.5 mod. And maybe we will replace carriers.
Also I may or may not be getting rid of the Valkyrie, depends on if we can make a model for it or not. I am heavily considering naval units though. Many thanks to all of you for interest in this map, I also need some help making the AI.

And yw Dat-C3, I am in need of many people. And I very much hope this project will not die, if it does. Then lets make it as awesome as we can!
Here is an idea of mine for a unit:
Altrius:
A small drone ship, it is mainly used to fill out the duties of ground bombardment. It is also a attempt to counter zerg infested terrans, as it can dive bomb into a formation of one and cause early detonation.
It is unarmed, but can be upgraded to have a small machine gun along with it's heavily explosive payload.

I'm thinking of making it weaker then a infested marine, but easier to obtain. But with longer build time(we really don't want the players to spam it as if it were SCII's banelings)
Also maybe, depends.

Level 7
yes i am on the team! here is the proof of my devotion(15-20 minutes)

things it needs, firebats in bunkers don't do splash(easy to add) this is just a demo basically, if you want anything different in it just tell me, it works with upgrades(damage and whatever(mainly range))

Attachments

• Bunker.w3x
    32.1 KB · Views: 62
Level 15
Suhweet!many thanks Ender!
Just tried it out, very nicely done.
And can this work with any infantry unit? And thank you very much Ender for your devotion.
We will be using Ken-E's project's EchoStorm marine model, she (or is it he?) has givin me permission to use it.
I'll attach the unit onto this post later, we will be using it as the core of terran infantry!

I am trying to do a different version of a bunker system if you don't mind Ender, and see which one is the best for clockwork2.

I have also decided to create an acceleration system for air units, would this be of any use?

Oh, and the way I index is very horrible, but it shouldn't lag.
I index through custom value and MUI through unit groups.

Btw I liked your bunker system Ender, used a unit group to detect when units left right?
I don't like the limitation of 6 items though.

Last edited:
Level 7
I have also decided to create an acceleration system for air units, would this be of any use?
yes it would, you might want to look at IsUnitMoving by bribe, to get ideas on the best way to do it,

Btw I liked your bunker system Ender, used a unit group to detect when units left right?
I don't like the limitation of 6 items though.
kinda,I add all units who are loaded into a bunker into a unit group and then i use(IsUnitLoaded(someunit)) to detect when they leave(BTW you are leaking a lot of handles in your triggers)

Level 15
Hey guys! Srry, I've been inactive for awhile. but to make it up, here's photo of the WIP terran mission 1! I hope you guys like it!
EDIT: Also, do you guys want a upgrade that makes marines into more expensive but stronger troops?

Also anyone know how to replace a standard weapon sound?
I'm beginning work on a version of Heaven's Last Stand, becuase frankly I don't know how hell and heaven's warriors and heroes got their hands on technology.

Attachments

• SC1 in progress.png
    SC1 in progress.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 376
  • Aiur's Last Stand.png
    Aiur's Last Stand.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Level 7
Hey guys! Srry, I've been inactive for awhile. but to make it up, here's photo of the WIP terran mission 1! I hope you guys like it!
EDIT: Also, do you guys want a upgrade that makes marines into more expensive but stronger troops?

Also anyone know how to replace a standard weapon sound?
I'm beginning work on a version of Heaven's Last Stand, becuase frankly I don't know how hell and heaven's warriors and heroes got their hands on technology.

what might be cool to do, is add an addon for terran barrack's that increases infantries cost, and has them auto drop to the target location.

Srry, I've been inactive for awhile
same, the problems of having a life, lol.

Level 15
Yes, we MAY do SC2, but probably not(Mainly cus there is no thor model on the hive.)

And yes, a orbital drop add-on would be cool. It'd probably be called a zone drop command center, I have no idea though how we'd do that.

And here, I have posted the Aiur's Last stand map, it is extremely beta.

Attachments

• Aiur's Last Stand.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.