• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Starcraft is out, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starcraft is out in many countries, but my question is that: Are we are waiting for all countries it was prepared for to have starcraft live before we make the forums available to it? or has Ralle just been preparing something extra special that makes it worth the wait? Or has there been some unforeseen problem in the matrix of the hive when attempting to launch it. Or some other reason? Discuss.

Level 27
Well probably the SC2 forums are not prepared yet, you know, finishing all the stuff, testing, typo searching and other simple but time consuming tasks. Plus he has his personal life and other Hive tasks to do, he can't make it all so quickly as you think.

Oh, and Ralle is not so mythological creature or a guy who would ban you just because of asking something, if you want you can ask him by yourself, who knows it better than Ralle himself?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If anyone here was expecting a forum tree/scheme as presented by me on the Site Discussion forum, forget it. Ralle claims it's hard to implement on THW 2.0, or something. If the forum system works as I believe it does, I don't think it is that hard, but, nevertheless, like Imtor pointed out, the wait seems to long enough to consider implementing a few temporary forums. I honestly don't like the SC2 forums to be down here either, with or without the link at the top. The sub-category was also unnecessary as it prevents us from directly accessing the Galaxy Help Zone, as well other forums within that sub-category, from the main board.
But like I said before, I need support when these things happen. With 100 to 200 users browsing this forum at once every time I look at it, I expected to receive a little more support than I did on the thread I made in Site Discussion. If you still want things to be like that, it might not be too late yet. But you have to post in the thread.

As for a Map Section, we won't implement one because maps have to be published to Battle.Net using the Editor.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The other sites with map sections were just because the makers though it would be cool or they were added for the beta before battlenet was flawlessly reliable or permantly available. I suspect most of them will be taken down or they will be left to fester and rot.

Level 9
Although, with the hideousness of the current custom map system, it couldnt hurt to have a map advertising system where people can rate maps and such, discuss bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.