• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II Models Archive — Models S.O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tyrant is completely my own design and creation, nothing was used from other Zerg units.

My goal for this unit is to try and produce a model that would fit seamlessly into Starcraft 2. Creating bones and animations is not hard, but it is time consuming. The exporter also does not support rigging tools such as Biped or CAT, so the animation process using Max's basic tools would take me much longer to create, as I am not a Max user. Reusing animations saves me time, time I am using to create more models.
Good point. However, there are scripts to convert your biped into ordinary bones available on the web.

Your work convinced me, that modeling for SC2 is possible finally. It's annoying that blizzard still haven't released StarTools and we still have to stick to fan-made conversion tools ... modellers are again considered 2nd rate modders by blizzard ...
However, I will continue my basic hero model project again in some weeks, as I finally saw a working 'done from scratch' unit model.

I read somewhere that the Footman, Grunt, Ghoul and Archer would be included in Starcraft II as an easter egg. It seems that either it was speculation or a wrong information; either way, they don't seem to have made it to the retail version.
People attempted to do sci-fi projects in Warcraft III and it's highly probable that there will be attempts to make medieval/fantasy projects in Starcraft II. Thanks to a few Starcraft models included in Warcraft III, as well as the technological nature of a few others (Dwarfs', for example), there was a relative ease to transit from a medieval themed game to a sci-fi one.
In Starcraft II, though, there is little, with the exception the tilesets, of course, which can be used to make anything look medieval. Remember that we're not just talking about the unit models, but buildings, doodads and destructibles, effects, and projectiles as well.

With this thread, I want to ask who's planning to make these medieval-themed models for Warcraft III and keep track of the already made ones. I know I saw remakes of the Blademaster and the Demon Hunter, for example, but I did not save the links, so I'd appreciate if someone linked to them.

I may also keep track of other models, just so I'm not forced to edit them in some dark corner of the forum or in a pastebin, even if they're sci-fi, so do post links to all existing models for SC2 that you find, please.

AuthorModelsDownloadPreview
Triceron (@SC2Mapster)Orc Blademaster, Night Elf Demon HunterUnavailable
attachment.php
[c]
attachment.php

This is amazing! I will pm you with the details, but enjoy and misha are looking to do similar things, and I feel that this could give hive a lot of new people. The more there are in the game, the better. Thanks for this :D

PS: If you could pm me with the details on how these were made, that would be great, thanks rui <3

Level 1
download link please?
i need all four of them for something.... epic....
oh, and keep up the warcraft 3 conversions, they look spectacular and im looking forward to seeing more of them.

Level 14
general warfields face looks like a zombie
LOL
I know its unfinished but its epic

Status
Not open for further replies.