• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void - release date on Nov 10, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
194715-albums4664-picture102224.png

The time of reclamation is upon us! Blizzard Entertainment is pleased to present StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void opening cinematic. On November 10, 2015, players will join the fight to reclaim Aiur and vanquish the universe’s most ancient evil.

Watch the Opening Cinematic here for the thrill that awaits us all!

And the reveal event here:

The Story So Far
194715-albums6441-picture96028.png
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void is an upcoming standalone expansion pack to the military science fiction real-time strategy game StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, and the third part of the StarCraft II trilogy developed by Blizzard Entertainment. The game is set for release on November 10, 2015.

The expansion will include additional units and multiplayer changes from Heart of The Swarm, as well as a continuing campaign focusing on the Protoss species. The campaign will focus on Artanis as its main character. Blizzard launched invite-only beta testing of the game on March 31, 2015.

The pre-order of the game was announced and made available for purchase on Battle.net and major game retailers on July 15, 2015. Pre-ordering the game grants immediate access to the multiplayer beta and a set of 3 prologue missions titled Whispers of Oblivion, which will also be available to all players at an undetermined time prior to the launch of Legacy of the Void.

Content taken from Wikipedia

:fp: You can watch more upcoming videos of the game by checking their Youtube Channel here: LINK

:fp: You can check the updates in their website through here: LINK

I hope you guys like this news post, here's a protoss zealot to please you guys!

194715-albums4664-picture102225.gif

Level 25
So..
Will Kerrigan be shot by Raynor in this campaign? Seeing as he said he were the one that was going to kill her one day and Blizzard have said that this would be the end of the story of starcraft 2.

Level 12
I feel like the release date is pretty early considering they are still molding the game from its foundation, like the major macro mechanic changes. It would def benefit from having more time, especially considering this is Sc2's last major incarnation.

Also i watched the cinematic reveal live on twitch and it was so frustrating how much they stalled before showing us the cinematic.

Level 18
I'm annoyed at your negativity guys.. but what really to do? I'm sure some real starcraft fans are exited for the launch, no matter if it needs more work <w< Like me :)

Not necessarily negativity, just worry.

Alot of us in the competitive community have been trying to help Blizzard understand what they need to turn SC2 back into what it advertised itself as 5 years ago. We want StarCraft 2 to last a long time and be a great game, leaving a legacy behind that Brood War and WarCraft 3 did.

Blizzard began listening to the community at the start of the beta with extreme changes, unfortunately most of those changes have been reverted since closer to the HotS version of SC2. And we all know how that works. It's been the same game for 5 years with a little twist and it's what killed the game in the first place.

And that's just the competitive stuff, don't even get me started on the UMS scene, or lack thereof.

Also, here's another video to add to the main post:

Last edited:
Not necessarily negativity, just worry.

Alot of us in the competitive community have been trying to help Blizzard understand what they need to turn SC2 back into what it advertised itself as 5 years ago. We want StarCraft 2 to last a long time and be a great game, leaving a legacy behind that Brood War and WarCraft 3 did.

Blizzard began listening to the community at the start of the beta with extreme changes, unfortunately most of those changes have been reverted since closer to the HotS version of SC2. And we all know how that works. It's been the same game for 5 years with a little twist and it's what killed the game in the first place.

And that's just the competitive stuff, don't even get me started on the UMS scene, or lack thereof.

Also, here's another video to add to the main post:

well i dunno.. blizzard really is an entity notorious for changing stuff, or being lazy... but maan, that video you linked is all i need to be pumped up :D along with that first. i was always playing for story

Level 25
WOL was meh. HOTS was horrible. LOTV will not likely be much better. That's just how I feel.

Why the negativity? I know it's your opinion but you should really think that it's not released yet and may turn much better than the previous games.

Or I guess some nostalgic people really can't enjoy new things. Or maybe you just don't like science fiction setting. I agree WoL and HotS fell pretty meh and predictable but for LotV you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, and never judge anything if it isn't out yet.

Well, that's just my thoughts. Perhaps you may have a better reason but just forget about it.

Level 14
I played Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm again this weekend, so here are my thoughts after the stories have been around for awhile:

The stories to both aren't particularly bad. I enjoyed them more playing through this time than I did previously.

The problem is that they feel formulaic, clean, and sterile. I appreciated some of the character developments in HoTS, but I still didn't feel that there was any depth. Which is strange, considering the same characters were involved in the plot, so their depth and development should have carried over with them. I finally figured out why the trilogy isn't as satisfying to me as the original.

In Starcraft and Brood War, all sides are developed because you play all sides. Mengsk, the Overmind, and The Queen of Blades are all still "villains", just as you have Raynor, Tassadar, and Artanis as "good guys", but because you play as all of them, you understand their motivations, why they're doing what they're doing, and the conflicts between the characters are satisfying, because you're invested in all of the stories.

In Starcraft II, you don't have this. Mengsk is still a villain, but what is he doing this whole time, besides sitting around and being an arrogant asshole? What is he aspiring to? We don't play the Dominion, so we don't see this important aspect, and therefore he seems hollow in the trilogy.

Then their is Amon, who is just this evil thing out their on the horizon. Thats no fun. Thats just an obstacle, not a character. Samir Duran would have been a significantly better antagonist, because we got to know him through the series. Heck, he even managed to deceive us the player!

Level 18
Amon definitely feels like the lazy approach to the whole hybrid thing. I expected Duran to be the main antagonist of all of Sc2, leading a legion of disgusting zerg/protoss hybrids, not hyper-gods with a WarCraft 3 throwback (oh lets all band together with an extremely marysue demigod girl and defeat this foreign godlike entity that wants to destroy everything).

I hated WoL at first because I felt it was too disconnected, but looking back, it does make sense to develop Raynor as a character and set up the downfall of the Dominion.

But the whole time we saw the Zerg wrecking face and destroying worlds, invading everything, and it's like.. why can't we play that part? And why can't we play as Valerian Mengsk controlling the Dominion against Raynor, watching Valerian realize that his dad is an asshole and changing sides? The protoss stuff was fine, but the Tassadar ghost thing was.. too much, same with the prophecy. There was no mention of a prophecy in the secret BW mission, afaik.

Level 12
I hope they make the protoss dialogue as epic sounding as they did in Brood War. The voice acting, the vocabulary and the voice effects just meshed together for perfect. I might be alone on this, but i thought the Protoss briefings were so awesome just because of the way they talked. I even liked Aldaris because of it. Just listen to this, i mean they sound so awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN2D1nV9qec&feature=youtu.be&t=4m15s

So far the protoss dialogue was Ok..ish. But Zeratul oh sweet jesus does have some of the most cringe-worthy lines in the whole universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.