• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Star Wars KOTOR Fans! - Input Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So I've worked on a map for a little while now where I'm looking to make a lot of different heroes to choose from...and I think I'll make a couple of them be characters from the Knights of the Old Republic game(s). But I don't know much about those xbox games, so here is an information request from me to you, fans of the game(s).

anyway, i was looking at a skin for a demon hunter and there was a sith skin for him...and the maker of the skin said he was largely inspried by darth bandon's armor. well anyway i decided to do some research on him and got a wookieepedia article read about him. that's like wikipedia but star wars information all about this darth bandon guy and about kotor stuff and when looking at his abilities and powers it gave me some great information for making some abilities for the hero that would use the demon hunter skin.

as i was working on him, i was looking for other skins and models and found a good darth revan model. so i did some research on him too and did the same thing. now i'm almost done with the basics of the heroes, of course their abilities may get modified for balance purposes or their stats as well...let me show you what i got for abilities for them and what the wookieepedia said.

"As a Sith Lord, Darth Revan used a variety of Force powers. He could use the Force to create a whirlwind of Force energ that would encircle his opponent. He also used the Force to grip and choke his enemies, and was proficient in the use of Force lightning, and was able to use the dark side of the Force to tap into his innermost fears, pain and hate, and convert them into intense anger, channeling it to increase his speed, strength, and ferocity. Revan also used powers that were able to afflict his opponents, and was capable of using the Mind trick. He also used the Jedi healing technique."

"Because of his strength in the Force, Bandon was capable of using many Force powers. He could use the Force to push his opponents to the ground, and could use it to alter the air currents around his opponent, turning it into a maelstrom. This swirling vortex of Force energy would lift an opponent into the air, spin them around, and completely immobilize them. Bandon was also able to use it to render himself virtually invulnerable to most offensive Force powers for a limited time, demonstrating this against Revan.

Bandon's strength with the dark side of the Force enabled him to use dark-sided powers such as Force lightning, and he also used the dark side to tap into his rage and direct it against his opponents. He could also use the Force to instill fear in his opponents, driving them temporarily insane. Bandon was capable of using the dark side to drain his enemies' life-forces. Bandon used the dark side to strangle his opponents, and could use it to debilitate his victims, using it as a fast-acting toxin."

So I don't want to give them too many abilities of course...wouldn't want them to be imbalanced. I might decide to take some abilities out and trade them for different ones...I would appreciate any input from you guys about your opinions of what i'm doing...

as for now...I need more information about Revan and his ability..."and was able to use the dark side of the Force to tap into his innermost fears, pain and hate, and convert them into intense anger, channeling it to increase his speed, strength, and ferocity."

tell me everything you can about it, if you know what this is.

so far i gave him jedi healing trance which puts the unit to sleep for 15 seconds healing the hp and a little bit of mana...if attacked the healing stops and the unit wakes up. it can be cast on himself, ally or foe.

i also gave him force lightning...which i'm still kinda modifying to make it more awesome. so far i think i redid the graphics and they're looking quite good, but i think i might change the functionality of the ability somewhat...not much but a little bit... i gave that to darth bandon also.

ok so i also gave him whirlwind ability...which is basically blademaster ultimate but it uses a visible dummy that looks like a tornado. it also actually slows the movement and attack speed of the unit by 95 percent as a way to trap the unit inside the whirlwind. it'll damage all units too close but none of those other units are prevented from running away but neutrals won't run away because they're stupid. i might decide to fix that...maybe not...it's not a big concern at the moment.

so now for a fourth ability i want to give him that ability i said i need more information on. i'm accepting name suggestions for it also by the way...

it sounds like some ability kinda like bloodlust, inner fire and so on...but i need a lot more information about the ability because i don't just want it to be a generic war3 ability, you know? want to try to make it like kotor but i never played those games. kinda like how i'm making force lightning look less like a war3 ability and more like a star wars ability.

also, i am working on darth bandon and i'm open to further information about his abilities, although i think i'm pretty much just about done with him...just like with revan, extra input would be great.

i've given him force lightning like i already mentioned...then debilitate and fear and i will also give him maelstrom. maelstrom i guess will be like the cyclone ability that druid of the talon has. debilitate is gonna be kinda like shadow strike and fear will be like a wacky version of inner fire. it will add a great percentage of attack power but it will bring down the armor alot. i think that's too simple though i should do more or possibly even something different. let me know what you guys think about that. of course all my sith abilities can pretty much be cast on ally or enemy and usually self too so fear could be good or bad, depending on the situation, and that's the point. same thing with the healing trance. or like maelstrom. yeah i'll probably edit maelstrom to make it work differently from cyclone somehow...like choosing the drop location of the unit maybe idk, haha.

"He could also use the Force to instill fear in his opponents, driving them temporarily insane." yeah what does that mean? haha. further information about him doing this kind of thing would be greatly appreciated. like i said before i want to try to make the spell more like what he was doing in kotor star wars and not so much like a warcraft 3 spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.