• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jedi Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm currently making a map called Jedi Wars, a how id put it REAL arena game.

It's 6vs6 jedis vs jedis, you have the ability to jump to get to high ground and lower ground, and jump over your opponents, to attack you cast your attack ability and your jedi will swing his lightsabre hurting any unit infront of him, there are items that spawn on the map that are runes and give you force powers, you can only have one force power at a time.

So far i've gotten: Force Push/Force Pull/Force Lightning

and im going to make Force Throw which throws your lightsabre outward disabling you from attacking and making your lightsabre chop up anything it hits, and then traveling back to you letting you attack again.

I've also added in the ability for player one to spawn clone troopers (all the models are from this website and I will give proper thanks to the creators)
the clone troopers have so far a decent AI system, they will roam the battlefield, if they spot you they will attack you, they shoot out lasers which arent homing so you can dodge them if your moving.

They have about a 10% chance when attacking you to throw a grenade which i programmed to fly outward and land on the ground exploding in 2 seconds pretty much annihilating anything.

I've also made the troopers able to jump. They can't detect if theyre stuck or anything but they will randomly jump around, mostly in combat. I've watched them just roam around and jump for about 10 minutes its pretty sweet.

I was also thinking of making a combo system, where you'll have another attack ability which will be a charged up attack which does a lot of damage but takes like a second to charge and an ability called "Combo Move" where after an order of attacks like (attack, attack, charge attack) then you use combo move and your guy will do a extremely deadly mabye AoE or slow attack like slamming the ground)

I have so many map ideas i need help so heres a list of things i need:
-More Force Power ideas
-Mabye some cool combo ideas
-Any other ideas are welcome
-I also need a trigger for spawning clone troopers, right now i made it so you type 8,16, or 32 to spawn that many troopers. I want it so when you type "Spawn:#" it will spawn that # of guys, so if you wanted to spawn 5 guys you'd type "Spawn:5"

Any ideas will help!!!!!
Peace

Level 8
Well for the spawn trigger this might work:
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (Spawn: + 5) as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create (Integer((Entered chat string))) Clone for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Region)) facing Default building facing degrees

I havent verified this but hopefully this should be a start. You will of course have to make one for each player or find a way so its any player enters that

You could have force choke, Force fear, force plague, force flash (chance to miss on attacks)
lol sorry for the repetitive force names, just sticking with the theme

Last edited:
Level 4
Sounds pretty cool, defenitly something I will check out in the future. If you need any other abilities I would suggest taking some from the Knights of the Old Republic Force powers, theres alot of kickass ones there..

Level 5
The spawn sounds kool but people can just keep saying that and a infinite amount of clones. You could have like force choke , force throw , and force crush.

For force crush you could make like entagling roots with no model so itd be just that just a idea but it might not work.

Level 6
Hey everyone, thanks for the ideas, right now i have to reinstall wc3 ft and i need the cd and my bro has it and hes at college but hes coming home in like 3 days so he'll brg it and I can get working on all the cool things you've guys
posted.

And the Force Lightning is currently a breath of fire kind of spell except with a lightning effect, i will probably change it to channeling and lower the damage so its not like you channel it for 1 second and the enemies dead, it will also stun the enemy. This idea also helps with teamwork since you can interrupt an enemy while he's zapping your ally or allies.

For now i'm going to add in:

Force Choke - Lifts an enemy off the ground disabling him and constantly damaging him, the spell will be channeling and will get interupted if you're attacked or move.

Force Run - Increases your movement speed temporarily.

Force Mind Trick - Basically takes control of the enemy JEDI retaining its color and makes your real Jedi that used the Mind Trick channel so if he moves or attacks you will lose control of the enemy JEDI and the spell will end. Since the enemy will keep its color while being mind controlled you can go near an enemy without them realizing your an enemy and take them out.

(you'll still show up as a red dot on the minimap to the enemy but that won't really mess you up)

I hope you can understand my crappy descriptions ^^

Thanks for the ideas, if you guys get anymore please post them

Level 36
Er... if you don't want people to host it, then don't allow them to download the map.... anyway, you could do all this, but then you could just go and play Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for an extra 10 bucks and get a lot more out of it :p Sounds semi-interesting, although the ability to spawn clone troopers is questionable (if the map is set in the Clone Wars era, then it is believable, but if not then not so at all, since the clones eventually turned on all the Jedi and killed the, remember?) and the whole rune thing is kind of.... non canonical... aside from that, it sounds alright.

Level 36
Edit you first and Manage your attachments and add the map. And also add a small description in your original post saying not to host it :D

If you don't want people to host it then there's really no point at all... to experience the map the way it is meant to be played, you need to host it and have a number of people playing with you. If you want us to experience the map, then I recommend that you post screenshots.

Level 10
You could do this for spawn.
I limited it to just 1 unit trype that can be created change wich unit that is created by in the four unit createment actions change Trooper (just a renamed footman) to the unit you want to be created in your map. By typing "create: trooper #" you will create however many troopers specified up to 9999 (i could easily make it higher in 1 second but just try and create 9999 units at once in a map and see what happens.
This is based off a system in some of my maps where you can type "create -unit- #" and it will create any unit you want and however many you want its a amazing fun thing to have. You can also change where there created in the actions, make sure to change it for all four.

Attachments

• Spawn.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 98
Level 6
I dont know what im gonna do right now with the spawning, and well this map isn't based on like starwars episodes or anything its just a bunch of guys with lightsabres who fight eachother and theirs the option of right now a mode which player one activates which spawns clone troopers.

And i've played Starwars Jedi Knight Academy my game is totally different in the ways it plays basically cuz its made on warcraft... After I finish this game I may make another version with like Warriors or Samurais or w/e cuz i don't usually like to make games about other games and id rather make my own story and crap to go with it.

I guess ill attatch some screenshots thanks for the idea.

Level 6
heres some screen shots, itll look a lot better im just finishing the important triggers right now not the terrain or models or anything.

You can open them with photoshop or windows media player (for me it showed up upside down on media player but looked great on photoshop)

These pictures are just jedi vs clone trooper which the game won't be about, later ill submit pictures of a real battle between jedis

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_031807_194248_01.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
  • WC3ScrnShot_031807_194257_02.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • WC3ScrnShot_031807_194306_03.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
  • WC3ScrnShot_031807_194312_04.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • WC3ScrnShot_031807_194314_05.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Level 12
Umm could you put them on imageshack or something so we don't have to dl them? I really want to see these, the idea sounds erally cool, but not enough to dl screenies. About how far in percentage do you think you are? When I think about this map I kinda think Elim tournament, maybe only because thats the only time Ive seen jumping stuff but it reminds me of that. I know that the idea is totally different and you wouldn't try to copy it, but is it even a little like Elim? I just sounds like it might a little... well good luck!

Level 6
well, elim tourney doesnt really jump... they just kind of move forward allowing them to get down from cliffs. My jump allows you to jump very high and control where your going so you can jump over units and onto higher parts of the map u cant normally reach. this game isnt at all like elim tourney your jedis with force powers not guys with sniperrifles and laser guns

Level 36
You seem to have a problem with double posting. I strongly advice you stop doing it.

rofl pwned. You even mocked his post.

Anyway, all fine and great, but yeah:
1) Don't double post
2) Listen to the Moderators... they usually know what they're talking about
3) Saving as jpeg is the smart move here. That way everyone who doesn't have photoshop can still acces them, you can use preview images, and you can just load the damned thing from within your browser instead of having to dl and open seperately with another program. It's like a 5 second piece of work for you, and it makes things a lot easier for us.

Level 7
Cool

sounds awsome, cant wait to see it done. btw Deathclaw are u a dota mod? I thin ka dota mod has the exact same avatar as u..... peace

Status
Not open for further replies.