• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Standardised Approval system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
What do you guys think of a standardises approval system?
The map section has a lot of pending maps and other sections have some. A standard system would speed up the progess and make sure working and good maps appear in the section not too long after posting, regardless the maker.
My advise is:
Make a default system that discusses things like
1: Does the map contain severe or many small bugs?
2: Does the gameplay/balancing work?
3: What is the overall appearance?

Members can give a map a rating and further advice. For me a approved map is (nearly) free of bugs and has good and working gameplay.

The pros and cons

+Approving/rejecting is speeded up and made easier
+More moderators can be assigned to clean up sections with ease
+Map makers have a idea of what standard to reach

-Moderators personal opninion goes to the background
-Moderators still make the mark, how much change is this?
-Moderatora often completely test a map and give good critisism, can users do this?

If you reply new pros and cons ill add em to the list. I hope this will make an intresting discussion.

Last edited:
Level 1
The Cons outweigh the Pros.
Not all maps will be properly tested and quality will be lowered much as Linaze said.

Also M4stah if you want to suggest things about map section then next time do so in the thread " Map Section – What would you improve?".
Not necessary but there it can be discussed better.

Level 11
Well but that would totally disagree to the whole conception of a standartisied approval system. Anyway, I like my idea most. =)

Huh? Its just like a table for moderators where they add a mark for each point. Users shouldn't be able to decide over approval, because of the feared noobs. They come with thousands and have fearsome rating like 100000000/5 for a crappy melee map

Level 15
No...

Let's just stop it with this constant whining about the map section, it's gone on long enough, let's wait and see how things turn out. Bounty Hunter2 seems to be doing a good enough job, sure, it may be slow, but he's doing it the right way, let's just give him a chance. We want Quality, not Quantity in the map section, so therefore, i think Bounty Hunter2 is doing the right thing with the map section.

Level 1
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
standardised page refreshing system----meaning?

Elenai
1...Nice Avatar
2...Standardized member registration----meaning?

Level 14
Besides, it's not like you can't do anything on approved maps that you can't on pending ones. You can still download/rate/comment on/give rep to/update/etc.

It gets mentioned so many times and yet some people are still complaining about the pending maps.

Of course it would be better if they were all approved/rejected, but the difference between an approved map and a pending map is non-existent, especially to all people that are not the author of that map.

Level 11
You all have a point, and WILLTHEALMIGHTY, you are really sarcastic. Its just, the makers of pending maps want to see their map apporved(Or rejected, so they know!) I also understand some pending maps are maps waiting for approvement. Quality over Quantity is a very true thing, but if just could sort the quality out faster........(Im sure Bounty Hunter2 is doing fine, no critique there)

You all have a point, and WILLTHEALMIGHTY, you are really sarcastic. Its just, the makers of pending maps want to see their map apporved(Or rejected, so they know!) I also understand some pending maps are maps waiting for approvement. Quality over Quantity is a very true thing, but if just could sort the quality out faster........(Im sure Bounty Hunter2 is doing fine, no critique there)

Pyritie's already given an answer to this:

Besides, it's not like you can't do anything on approved maps that you can't on pending ones. You can still download/rate/comment on/give rep to/update/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.