• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spooky Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a long time since a created anything or maybe i'm just wrong...
I like to present a Spooky terrain created by ''Me'' :))))

Description:
A guy wondering the forest and found a spooky castle...his clothes are ripped off and the poor guy is freezing to death. Dead trees, alive trees, a road, a candle in his hand, a direction board, castle wall is destroyed on the left side of the picture, some rocks, a cut off tree, trees in the background, buildings in the castle(i did not use only Cathedral), a statue of an Angle on the wall and 2 statues on the right and left side of the main entrance to the castle, 4 flags, made edges to the walls at the main entrance, stairs....

I hope you like it!!

----------------------------------UPDATE!!!!!!------------------------------

Attachments

• Spooky.JPG
    Spooky.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Level 36
Add a tail to the moon and it will look like a commet >.>
Yes there is a lack of detail, there is also a lack of atmospher <.<
The lightning can be take away for all I care, it just looks ugly to me.
And you have to work on the fog and make some stars, as well as giving the moon a bit more glow to it.

Level 10
Seriously everything in this just looks wierd. For Oziris im suprised, How come the trees near road are barely taller then the villager and rest of trees are 3 times as big?

As said befor the lightning and moon look bad - you need some clouds.

You got these icecrown glacier rocks to the right and then you sprinkled around Stien rocks - it looks odd that some rocks are covered in snow and others look like they belong in desert.

Whats with the broken collum too - just seems way out of place there, also that ramp you got going into the castle door just doesnt seem realistic at all why is it there.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
It was a long time since a created anything or maybe i'm just wrong...
I like to present a Spooky terrain created by ''Me'' :))))

Description:
A gay wondering the forest and found a spooky castle...his clothes are ripped off and the poor guy is freezing to death. Dead trees, alive trees, a road, a candle in his hand, a direction board, castle wall is destroyed on the left side of the picture, some rocks, a cut off tree, trees in the background, buildings in the castle(i did not use only Cathedral), a statue of an Angle on the wall and 2 statues on the right and left side of the main entrance to the castle, 4 flags, made edges to the walls at the main entrance, stairs....

I hope you like it!!

I lol'd. You have to fix it.

Level 19
The foreground with the forest is too random. Do you think trees will grow like that? The placement of the moon and the lightning also looks pretty wierd imo. I like the destroyed wall. I'm gonna copy that in my future terrains.

Level 17
Forest is too empty. Why does everyone have the "Game View Settings"?
It's not that hard to take it without just hitting v. Just hit k, then f, then i.
Not really spooky...

Level 10
Why is there so much grass on the path - thats like last place i would expect to see grass nvm the fact there is snow everywhere.

The ground is so flat - cant you put some hills on the sides and load them up with trees because the way there trees are placed now it doesnt look natural.

Level 19
It makes sense, if you look at the reallity you will notice when snow dries grass is under the snow! Have you ever seen that? if not, then i really dont know where you live.

Erm ... I live in Norway. Here in Norway we have snow for like six moths each year, so I really know what I'm talking about. In real life, the grass under the snow is dead. Which means it doesn't stick up like that, it basically lays on the ground because the snow is to heavy. And if you say reality, I'm gonna say to you that there is no way that in real life the snow would have been unable to reach the spots were the grass show up in this picture and there is no snow, which by the way, if it's a road, there would most likely not be grass at at all. So I either suggest you just have snow over the entire map, or you just drop the grass, which makes no sense. If you really want it in the image that badly, at least lower it a bit.

If you would have placed something like Shrubs there you would have been right.

Level 17
Well, the caste looks kind of abandoned. Maybe the road is used just enough to keep it clear of snow, but not kill all of the grass. Unforunately for WC3 it's hard to accurately portray a gradual change from snow to dirt. There's just that damn line.

Status
Not open for further replies.